Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2002 11:53:05 AM EDT
Friday will be the first time humans are injected with computer chips to track them and get all thier personal info. They are marketing the chips first to alztimer(sp) patients, but it wouldn't take much to make a law that all newborns be injected with one in the future. Sounds pretty scary to me. Looks like a way for big brother to be able to track you everywhere you go [:(!]
[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-050902chipped.story [/url]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry, but me an my AR, say that NO Chips are going into any of my family members or myself.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
This is so funny.  While I was reading this, I got this in an email:

[b]"The Human Research Subjects Protection Act of 2002 was introduced today in the U.S. House of Representatives by Reps. Diana DeGette, D-Colo., and Jim Greenwood, R-Pa."[/b]

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Ve no longer to carry our papers. Stormtroopers can just scan us....

Scott

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I disagree.  I think it would be a monumental task to make it compulsory to have them injected.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll take two please.  I'd like on my forehead, so it would be easy to scan my face for identity reasons and I'll take one on the back of my hand so that I can just swipe wherever I go.  

Woohoo.  Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I disagree.  I think it would be a monumental task to make it compulsory to have them injected.
View Quote

WTF????
Disagree with who????
Noone HERE wants a chip in them that has posted here yet
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you work for a company and travel to a dangerous region, such as central america or the middle east, either the company or their insurance will demand the chip.  Willing to quit over it?

What happens when your daycare provider (or their insurance) insist your kids be chipped in case they are lost or stolen?  

What will you do when major air carriers refuse you service if you don't have the chip, since the chip is the "foolproof" method of ensuring you are a "trusted traveler"?

See the problem?   Like the "voluntary" Social (in)Security program, "they" will make it a virtural requirement to have the chip if you want to function in society.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#9]
It will probably be some sort of anit terrorist crap, "get the chip so we will know who you are and we can find the terrorists"
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If you work for a company and travel to a dangerous region, such as central america or the middle east, either the company or their insurance will demand the chip.  Willing to quit over it?

What happens when your daycare provider (or their insurance) insist your kids be chipped in case they are lost or stolen?  

What will you do when major air carriers refuse you service if you don't have the chip, since the chip is the "foolproof" method of ensuring you are a "trusted traveler"?

See the problem?   Like the "voluntary" Social (in)Security program, "they" will make it a virtural requirement to have the chip if you want to function in society.
View Quote

Right. When Social Security cards first came out they said on them something like "Not To Be Used For Identity Purposes" I don't know the exact phrase. Then before you know it everybody is kept on government computers identified by thier Social Security number. When the government starts putting restrictions on the populis,like you can't received any social security benefits or,you can't recieve any government assistance unless you get implanted with the chip all the sheeple that sponge off of society for a living are going to get implanted. Then airlines and any other entity that identifies you by your social security number will require a scan of your chip before you can use thier services. I can see the writing on the wall and it looks scary. It may take a while, but I believe that in the near future hospitals will be required by law to implant chips in all newborns . In some hospitals they are taking samples of all newborns DNA. If I remember right it was Janet Reno's idea while she was attorney general. Something to seriously think about.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Time to set up my counterfeit chip manufacturing business.  Who would you like to be today?
View Quote

HEY!! I want in on that racket!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't wait for these to come out!!!

Right now I know how to stand on an overpass and scan the ESNs out of cell phones to clone them.  Standing on the street and scanning these little "Speedpass" chips would be trivial.  (I've already disected Mobil SpeedPasses know how they work. And have sucessfully scanned them, too.)

Let's see - a small E/M transmitter and coil run by batteries in a backpack.  Everyone who walked by would have their chips energized without even knowing it and a small receiver and PDA or laptop would save the datastream (it's only a few bytes of data per chip).  Imagine sitting in the mall for 20 minutes gathering scans of hundreds of people's chips as they passed you. Then I'd make a little battery powered transmiter in a pager case that would swamp out the signal of any other scanner and force the data I chose to be collected.

I'd never have to pay for anything else again for the rest of my life!!!! [:D]

Of course, maybe you think that I'm the only one in the world capable of doing this.  Think again.  Every high school kid would be downloading instructions off the net and impersonating their parents.  Fraud would be widespread.  It would be great!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It will probably be some sort of anit terrorist crap, "get the chip so we will know who you are and we can find the terrorists"
View Quote

That is how everything is......if they want a new law they just say "terrorist"

I think it is going a little too far.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#15]
[size=3]Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: [b]except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain[/b].[/size=3] Psalm 127:1

Unless the Lord keep your child, the digital angel worketh but in vain.

Eric The(ComeOutFromHer,MyPeople)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys think about this one....You know they are trying to push those "smart" guns, well you know where this is going....

If you have the chip then the gun would only work in your hand and then it leads to many problems....

And I do agree that they will try to start giving it to newborns first, just like now, when a kid is born they are automatically numbered and cataloged (given an SS number)...

In the great words of Fox Mulder..."FIGHT THE FUTURE"
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Refresh my memory - is your tinfoil supposed to be worn shiny side out or in?
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Actually for the best protection, I use shiny sides on the outside AND the inside. Double your tinfoil, double your fun!

[whacko]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Mark of the Nut:

[img]http://zapatopi.net/afdb/alnose.jpg[/img]

But, it's for the children...

[img]http://zapatopi.net/afdb/albaby.jpg[/img]

A Note About The Shiny Side:
It can't be stressed enough how important it is to have the shiny side pointing out. This is needed because the shiny side is most reflective to psychotronic radiation, while the dull side can actually, in certain environmental conditions, absorb it. However, as is illustrated in the instructions above, it is also wise to complement this with a layer of foil pointing shiny side in. This will keep your brain waves, which are also reflected by the shiny side, from being picked up by mind-reading equipment. There is a small number of aluminum foil researchers who believe that this may cause an alpha-wave harmonic to build up in the skull resulting in memory loss or pseudo-religious visions, but their findings have never been replicated by the aluminum foil research community at large. Even if their findings are validated, the risk involved is small compared to the potential of mind-intrusion.
View Quote

[url]http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top