Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/9/2002 10:57:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2002 12:00:56 PM EDT by GeneStoner]
What's this?? Is it true?? Sunscreen goes BAD after a period of time due to "active ingredients." So Thaaaaaaaaats why my white-ass lobsterfies in the hot sun, even after applying copious amounts of sunscreen. Note to self, don't buy the Costco-size Coppertone! Edited to replace "suntan lotion" with "sunscreen."
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:07:13 AM EDT
Don't buy any of the coppertone crap. If you want to keep from frying, use the BullFrog brand. That stuff rocks. It stays on all day, and does not come off until you take it off with soap and water. I can fish all day on one application, and not burn. It will keep your white ass just as white as when you put it on.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:12:28 AM EDT
If your trying to prevent the sun from frying your ass, you want SunSCREEN, not SunTAN lotion! SunTAN lotion helps you acquire a tan! Another White Boy
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:36:29 AM EDT
Yep...Sunscreen...SPF 30 or greater...buy the quality stuff. I learned the hard way sometime prior to 1996 when I had to have a little surgery for a basal cell carcinoma. If you have to have skin cancer, this is the best one but if it's ever detected; there's a 50-50 chance of having more. Not fun. Be safe. Jim
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:05:13 PM EDT
Yep, it does... Get the good stuff and apply it more than once over the course of the day, depending on what your doing. Apply more often if you get wet or are sweating. Man products claim to be waterproof, but I don't buy it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:08:03 PM EDT
White folks, like me, generally try to avoid the sun. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:52:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2002 1:52:56 PM EDT by eje]
I think I've tried just about every brand of sunscreen; I grew up in Southern California and used to surf a lot. I think there's a lot of trial and error in finding the right sunscreen that works for you in the kind of conditions you are using it in. For example, the sunscreen that has worked best for me, believe it or not, is the Walgreens generic number 4 lotion in the brown bottle. For some reason, I've never been sunburned while wearing it. The lotion is very water resistant. On the other hand, I tried Bullfrog when it first came out in the 80's in the small bottle and got burned as if I wasn't wearing anything. It was really greasy too. I don't like any Coppertone product except the stuff that comes in the Costco-sized blue bottle! To repeat one of the posts above, I think the key is to re-apply the sunscreen often, even if it's got a high SPF and claims to be waterproof.
Top Top