Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 7:58:02 PM EDT
Here we go again....

Does anyone have a proof-postive link that shows, in writing, that a preban magazine is legal/illegal in a postban firearm.

Thanks,
Matrix.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The proof positive is the legislative records, or laws.

Since there are no laws prohibiting said action.... you are free to do said action.

I doubt you are going to find a well written "proof positive" in legal format that you can put a preban hicap in a postban rifle....

For the same reasons, you dont need "proof positive" to know that it is legal to breathe air.....   or to wear blue jeans, or get a new set of tires on your car.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks...just a discussion I am having with the local SWAT Sgt. who is 100% positive that it is illegal to place a preban mag into a postban firearm.

I appreciate your help.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks...just a discussion I am having with the local SWAT Sgt. who is 100% positive that it is illegal to place a preban mag into a postban firearm.

I appreciate your help.

View Quote

Well, he's 100% wrong.  I know a SWAT officer here that carries a "MP-15 or something".  Law enforcement do not always know the law (or guns).

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
If that were the case, gun stores across America would be guilty.  Bushmaster openly sells "granfathered" magazines.  Your SWAT Sergant needs to get his facts straight, or is he planning to transfer to BATF?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I appreciate your help.

View Quote

My opinion:

I
D
I
O
T

(THE SGT...THAT IS)

Most people I've seen going into LE haven't even held a firearm, let alone shoot one.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]
How dare you question his authority. He is an upstanding member of Law Enforcement and Specializes in Weapons And Tactics. How could he be wrong? You are wrong.
[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/8723/images/hth_PNoYkcCoBQIAAC8YOag_8723_16.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate your help.

View Quote

These are the kind of "police officers" that scare the hell out of me.  They'll end up enforcing laws that don't even exist.  You should provide this dipshit with a copy of 922 and tell him to read it (if he can).

-Gloftoe
View Quote

I sent the 922 law & the letter linked above.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top