Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 1:30:09 PM EDT
I will bve in town this weekend for a business trip......saturday stay-over and no idea what to do...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you bringing any guns or do you just want to party ? Where are you staying ? I could tell you some good clubs to goto if that is what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
hound, I grew up in Philly and can tell you a few decent places to go or eat. What is it you're looking for and what part of Philly will you be visiting?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I will actually be staying in Plymouth Meeting.I have no plans to bring guns....I just wanted to see who was there and if they had any ideas..I was thinking about doing the whole liberty bell historical thing on sunday.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Hound...I live in Philly...really not much to do here...in fact I am going to Washington D.C. over the weekend for some sightseeing...Valley Forge is close to Plymouth Meeting and the Liberty Bell is something to see along with Independence Hall and Betsy Ross' House.There are some night clubs along the Delaware River waterfront but you put your life in your hands going there. Actually most of residential Philly is a dump and I am outta here real soon.

Rick
Northeast Philly
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Rick, most of residential Philly is a dump ? Philly is like any other big city, its got nice areas and shity ones. I'm in the NE too. Right by Franklin Mills. Where are you at ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#6]
PGM...I am in Fox Chase...Have you been below Cottman Ave. lately? Have you seen what Section 8 housing has done to old working class neighborhoods such as lawndale, olney, germantown, feltonville, oak lane...tec. The list goes on and on. I am hoping to get out of the city this year. The latest statements by our illustrious racist mayor has provided the impetus to me to get out.

Your neigborhood is not so bad ....yet. You can't go to Franklin Mills without worrying about your safety. Hell...Most of the apt. units on Woodhaven Road are section 8 as well. What about the Liddonfield projects on Frankford Ave? I have lived in Philly for all of my 40 + years and I am leaving mostly because of what is happening here.

Rick
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Haven't they greatly improved the waterfront at Penn's Landing? I know there used to be some great bars and clubs down there.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Rick, the west side of the Blvd has way more section 8 housing then the east side. I agree that they are screwing up good neighborhoods with the section 8 housing.
I NEVER shop at Franklin Mills. I wish it was still a track. I have never considered anything below Cottman Ave as NE Philly.
I wish we were successful at suceeding from the rest of the city when we tried years ago.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
The Phila. Waterfront is a changed place. Gone are the factories, ships and docks that made the saying "What Philadelphia makes the world takes".
What we have now is a bunch of nightclubs from Penn Treaty Park down to Penns Landing. Two new Hotels are being built at Penns Landing and the Battleship New Jersey is across the river on the Camden Waterfront.
I have been to a few of the clubs, but not for some time. I understand it is gladiator school there now.

Rick
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Gun...I do not live below Cottman..But Burholme and  Lawndale are considered the ''Great Northeast''. I live around Rhawn St. and though my neighborhood is still good, that time is limited.

Your area was always considered the "Far NE"...I don't blame you...stay outta Franklin Mills. By the way..Where do you shoot? Do you belong to one of the gun clubs such as Langhorne or Holmesburg. My shooting is limited to visits to parents house in the Poconos.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Eagle, I'm a member at Falls Township Rifle and Pistol up by Morrisville. Drop me an email if you want to go shooting. My friends are too lame to buy guns.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Eagle, I watched Buddy's Wagon Wheel turn into a neighborhood shootumup.  20plus years near there and neighborhood people took over after some clowns from Germantown ran it down.  Keeps my nephew busy from the second district.  Yeh, would like to leave Filthedelphia but the wife must retire first, soon though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do you belong to one of the gun clubs such as Langhorne or Holmesburg.
View Quote

I used to shoot smallbore in New Tripoli and Wilkes-Barre with some people from the club in Langhorne.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:42:25 AM EDT
[#14]
so should I just cower in my hotel room?
I had already noted Valley Forge was twenty minutes from my hotel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top