Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 12:35:48 PM EDT
[url]http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel050702.asp[/url]

Looks like some in Italy actually think that won't be a bad thing...gun wise anyhow.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW

[rolleyes]
"In Italy, 80.7 percent of all crimes go unpunished and the culprit is not found — 96.8 percent of the thefts, 58.2 percent of the homicides, 84.6 percent of the robberies, and 64.3 percent of the kidnappings"
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
WOW

[rolleyes]
"In Italy, 80.7 percent of all crimes go unpunished and the culprit is not found — 96.8 percent of the thefts, 58.2 percent of the homicides, 84.6 percent of the robberies, and 64.3 percent of the kidnappings"
View Quote

You noticed that too huh?  [):)]

Anyone know what the rate of unpunished/uncaught kidnappings there are in the US?  And I suppose the same goes for the other numbers...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Speak out Italians!

Well, that's good news.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]
From the text:
"When gun-control laws were passed, I neither saw any member of the Mafia giving up his shotguns, nor any terrorist giving surrendering Kalashnikovs. Instead, I saw retired officers giving up their issue guns. Actually, we disarmed law-abiding citizens, and that resulted in leaving weapons in the hands of those who don't obey the laws."

An intelligent politician speaks. The world needs more of this. Kudos to Italy.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
In Italy, the Minister of Defense, Antonio Martino, recently announced his support for private gun ownership. "Gun control disarms law-abiding citizens, not criminals," he said.
Martino, who was a professor before becoming defense minister, observed that gun laws only affect the law-abiding, not criminals:

When gun-control laws were passed, I neither saw any member of the Mafia giving up his shotguns, nor any terrorist giving surrendering Kalashnikovs. Instead, I saw retired officers giving up their issue guns. Actually, we disarmed law-abiding citizens, and that resulted in leaving weapons in the hands of those who don't obey the laws.
View Quote
Gee, when are the politicos in this country going to get this very thing.  This is from a country that went through what some politicians in this country are trying to achieve.

A logical politician, until now an oxymoron.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top