Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/7/2002 6:18:57 PM EDT
Today I cast my vote in yet another of a series of seemingly pointless elections. This was primary day in Ohio and the ballot featured candidates for about a dozen offices plus a local bond issue. Sadly, though, almost all of the races were uncontested -- the voters' only choice was to endorse a single candidate (the incumbent, of course) or not to vote at all. By the looks of things at my polling place, "not at all" was a popular choice. I was the [b]only[/b] voter there at what is normally a busy time of day. Hurray for representative government. [:|]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2002 6:40:18 PM EDT by CAPITALIST]
Ya its kinda disheartening when you go vote and the same candidate thats held a position for 5 terms is running unapposed. When ever a politician is in office for that long they seem to get corrupt. When theres never an opponient for thier position they think they can get away with anything [V]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:54:39 AM EDT
Local turnout: 11% If voter apathy continues to worsen, I'll be the only one voting -- and then all political power will be MINE! BUAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAA! [+]:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:57:36 AM EDT
tell me about it. the governor here (VT) has been in office just because of voter apathy. just shows how people either dont give a shit anymore, or just dont think that their votes count.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:50:01 AM EDT
TN had its primary yesterday as well. I voted about 6:10 p.m. I was number 269 for the day. Less that 10% voter turnout. [smoke]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:52:46 AM EDT
CNN will probably report record voter turn out. But they will not say that it is record low turnout.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:59:58 AM EDT
Why don't YOU run for office??
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:01:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By liberty86: Why don't YOU run for office??
View Quote
That's a very good question. The short answer is that I don't have the organizational connections needed to get on the ballot, nor do I have the money to run a campaign on my own. As an alternative, I'm thinking about starting a ballot initiative to require "None of the Above" as an option in all elections. That might be doable.
Top Top