Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2002 2:54:36 PM EDT
http://www.wsvn.com/extra/helpmehoward/archives/view_story.html?storyid=20020501-182618

A social worker was fired because she spoke only english.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.wsvn.com/extra/helpmehoward/archives/view_story.html?storyid=20020501-182618[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard Rush talking about this today. What is wrong with the people who are running the show in Florida? I hope she wins a huge lawsuit against Dade County.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Curious that all the social work in Florida is apparently Spanish speaking only....
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Think it's an accident, lazy? *LOL*
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone pinch me, did I wake up in the Twilight Zone? Last I checked this is still the USA. I say mine the borders, and put the warning signs in English and if you make it thru we will turn you around and see if you can do it again. Now if you make it again, welcome. You can stay if you can do it again. Simple test!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't they once try to make Spanish the official language of the City of Miami?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.wsvn.com/extra/helpmehoward/archives/view_story.html?storyid=20020501-182618

A social worker was fired because she spoke only english.
View Quote

Gee, I thought English was the official language in the U.S.A. and the woman got fired because she only spoke English? HOLY MOSES!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The official language of Florida is English.  The real outrage is that a thing like that even had to go to a vote.

At any rate, since the United States is now an Empire, not a country, we have cultures establishing themselves within the boundries of the States.  Countries are defined as people of mostly  like race, religion, and language within a border.  Our borders have leaked so profusely for so long, that those entering now no longer get a sense of entering another country, so they don't feel the need to adapt.  I have lived in Central Florida since 1984 and the northern border of "New Hispania" as the Turner Diaries refer to them are now at the I-4 corridor and creeping Northward.  I have witnessed this first hand.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not some sort of raging racist.  I am not any kind of racist.  The Turner Diaries book is mostly a bunch of racist garbage in my opinion, but some of the observations are correct.  Most, if not all of the predictions are foolish.  I keep my company by character, not color.

This behavior of not accepting others from a different culture is simply history repeating itself.  Human nature if you will.  It is just a bit shocking now that it is happening to Caucasians on U.S. soil.  

-White Horse

(flame suit on...for the first time)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top