Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2002 6:42:26 AM EDT
"I am given her all she gots captain but I don't think she'll pull through"

Sadly Engineer of Star Trek Fame Mr. Scott is in coma and not expected to recover..

[url]http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2002-05/06/10.30.tv[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]
THAT SUCKS!.........................[:(]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:48:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad news, I am a big fan of the original Star Trek series. Scotty will be beamed up again look's like.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Bummer.  First Bones, and now Scotty.

I [b]AM[/b] getting old.

Oh, and I forgot Mark Lenard, Sarek, Spock's dad is dead too.

[img]http://www.plaudersmilies.de/tales/borg_ani.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#4]
That's really sad...I was always a great fan of Star Trek and even a big enough nerd to go to SciFi and Gaming Conventions back in the day.

Mr. Scott will be greatly missed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Well he ain't dead yet, and if we know anything at all about Mr. Scott , he always pulls something out of his ass in the bottom of the ninth.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#6]
That's sad [:(]
all the doctors have to do is re-modulate his phase inducers.

wait!  he was on an episode of next.gen.
so all they have to do is open a panel, pull out a board and rotate it 90 degrees and put it back in.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Pfft, Star Trek, I never understood why anybody could watch that stuff. All one-world, happy happy joy joy; a bunch of rather mediocre actors prancing about in cardboard sets, propagating not only interracial, but interspecies sex; repetitive ploys; and the Vulcans seem to be lost tribe of Israel, looking at the names of the actors.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pfft, Star Trek, I never understood why anybody could watch that stuff. All one-world, happy happy joy joy; a bunch of rather mediocre actors prancing about in cardboard sets, propagating not only interracial, but interspecies sex; repetitive ploys; and the Vulcans seem to be lost tribe of Israel, looking at the names of the actors.
View Quote

Are you SURE you aren't Imbroglio?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:16:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Till Phasers.com comes along I guess I'll just have to settle for my AR15.

I can see the posts now...

I just recieved my new parts kit from Plasmamaster for my Mark 4 Post Ban Phaser Rifle. (Thank god this puppy does not have a bayonet lug.)

I was happy with the over all fit and finish as everyone knows that Plasmamaster is the closest to Star Fleet Spec, That and the fact that they use Dilithium lined Ignition chambers, Not some unlined knock off Chamber sold by some of the Feriengi arms dealers that hang out on this site Like AntiUSFP.

After a small problem fitting my aftermarket power packs, mail ordered from Seti Alpha 5, I logged on to Phasers.com To get some quick tech advise From Moderator ErictheKlingon, Who advised me to just insert the power pack into the well and beat it on the side of the table until it seated, while I know this is not Starfleet Standard Operating Practice, I found that it worked quite well.

Now I was ready for that first day at the range with my new Mark 4gery. So I piled all my shooting gear into my airtight range bag and took the public transporter out to my favorite range on Luna. ( as no directed energy weapons are allowed in private ownership on earth since the ban.)

As I pulled on my pressure suit I saw that I had the Range pretty much to myself, Execpt for some old geezer in a old style starfleet pressure suit with engineering tabs blasting away with a old Klingon Disruptor. No doubt he was one of those poor souls who frequent Phasers.com's sister site Disruptors.com.

Thats OK, I would show this guy the inherent superiority of Starfleet technoligy over Klingon Junk! I stepped to the line, Adjusted the hologram site for a 1000 meter zero and slowly pressed the firing stud...Only to be greeted by the Howling whine of the power pack begining a full load dump!!! I quickly flung the rifle away from me, letting Luna's low gravity carry it beyond the berm, where it Exploded in a flash of green light that lit up the better part of a kilometer...Darn it, I muttered...My 400,000 credit rifle had just vanished in a KB!!!

I knew I should have Bought a Rock Raygun Arms instead of this overated Plasmamaster Peice of junk!

To add insult to injury, I now heard the old guy in the Fleet engineering tabs Chuckling to himself down the line. "Ahh laddy, Ye shoulda brought a fine Klingon Disruptor, It'sa wee Engineering marvel it is. Built by Klingons, It'll never let ya down.

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Till Phasers.com comes along I guess I'll just have to settle for my AR15.

I can see the posts now...

I just recieved my new parts kit from Plasmamaster for my Mark 4 Post Ban Phaser Rifle. (Thank god this puppy does not have a bayonet lug.)

I was happy with the over all fit and finish as everyone knows that Plasmamaster is the closest to Star Fleet Spec, That and the fact that they use Dilithium lined Ignition chambers, Not some unlined knock off Chamber sold by some of the Feriengi arms dealers that hang out on this site Like AntiUSFP.

After a small problem fitting my aftermarket power packs, mail ordered from Seti Alpha 5, I logged on to Phasers.com To get some quick tech advise From Moderator ErictheKlingon, Who advised me to just insert the power pack into the well and beat in on the side of the table until it seated, while I know this is not Starfleet Standard Operating Practice, I found that it worked quite well.

Now I was ready for that first day at the range with my new Mark 4gery. So I piled all my shooting gear into my airtight range bag and took the public transporter out to my favorite range on Luna. ( as no directed energy weapons are allowed in private ownership since the ban.)

As I pulled on my pressure suit I saw that I had the Range pretty much to myself, Execpt for some old geezer in a old style starfleet pressure suit with engineering tabs blasting away with a old Klingon Disruptor. No doubt he was one of those poor souls who frequent Phasers.com's sister site Disruptors.com.

Thats OK, I would show this guy the inherent superiority of Starfleet technoligy over Klingon Junk! I stepped to the line, Adjusted the hologram site for a 1000 meter zero and slowly pressed the firing stud...Only to be greeted by the Howling whine of the power pack begining a full load dump!!! I quickly flung the rifle away from me, letting Luna's low gravity carry it beyond the berm, where it Exploded in a flash of green light that lit up the better part of a kilometer...Darn it, I muttered...My 400,000 credit rifle had just vanished in a KB!!!

I knew I should have Bought a Rock Raygun Arms instead of this overated Plasmamaster Peice of junk!

To add insult to injury, I now heard the old guy in the Fleet engineering tabs Chuckling to himself down the line. "Ahh laddy, Ye shoulda brought a fine Klingon Disruptor, It'sa wee Engineering marvel it is. Built by Klingons, It'll never let ya down.

View Quote

You rock dude! Very funny, I now have Mountain Dew all over my monitor.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#11]
The 82-year-old actor was first hospitalized with pneumonia in February, but apparently had recovered. News of his being re-hospitalized recently came from fellow actor Walter Koenig (Trek's Chekov). [u]The latest news has not been confirmed through Doohan's family, the site reported.[/u]
View Quote

Could be a rumor.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Saw that on Slashdot, but it may have just been a rumor.

Check here for the update:
[url]http://www.syfyportal.com/article/?id=703[/url]

"UPDATE (05-06-2002, 4:05 p.m. ET): Zap2it has talked with Steve Stephens, James Doohan's agent, and said that the actor is not comatose, and actually is home undergoing extensive rehabilitation after being confined to bed for 13 weeks for pneumonia. "

Who would name their kid Steve Stephens?  That's just wrong...

Viper Out
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#13]
YEEE HAW. Great

Ben
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Who would name their kid Steve Stephens?  That's just wrong...

Viper Out
View Quote
This is completely off-topic, but when I was going to Junior High, on the first day of class when they had you stand up and introduce yourself to your classmates (name and something about you) one kid stood up and said:

"Hi, my name is Rob Robinson, and my mother stutters."[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rotfl.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#15]
"We did it, you an me, put 'im right under the table"
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Knew it was coming, but still sad. I expect Leonard Nemoy is next.

FearandLoathing - ROFLMAO! That was great. Only comment I have is that Seti Alpha 5 is a desert world with no industry (after the star went through several fluctuations). So I question the origin of your powerpacks.

How is that for geekdom??

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#17]
But the power packs said Seti Alpha 5 Right on the base plate's, I bought them directly from Harcout Fenton Mudd at Rigil Guns, sometimes know as RGuns for short.

So i'm sure they came from Seti Alpha 5 Darn it!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Knew it was coming, but still sad. I expect Leonard Nemoy is next.
View Quote

Nimoy is an anti-gun weenie that was on the celebrity supporters list of HCI.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

Ya in a democracy it does, but not in this Republic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Most Ilogical
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nimoy is an anti-gun weenie that was on the celebrity supporters list of HCI.
View Quote

If phasers will be banned, only annoying, pointy-eared aliens will have phasers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn it Jim...I'm a doctor, Not a NRA lobbyist.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Beam me up Scotty!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone here have the star trek physics book.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn , I have a phaser replica w/sound effects around here somewhere . Looks like I'm going to have break it out and use it on Kar98 [frag].
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#26]
[rolleyes] People please,

if your looking for good quality Mark 4  Phaser Rifles or any other fine weaponry
you got to make a trip to deep space 9 near the bajoran system.

when you get there head for the bar. No matter what DO not  waste your latnum on the dabo tables Their all rigged trust me on this.

Head straight for the bar order a cup of roctachino slip the dumb looking ferangi bartender a few strips of latnum and ask to speak to quark.

quark can get you ANYTHING you need at an honest ferangi exchange rate.

Oh he also has a cousin that is the SOURCE for spirituous liquors.

[B]quarks is authorized by the FCA to conduct business.[/b]
[b]permit number 10-#$@@@-alpha [/b]

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well he ain't dead yet, and if we know anything at all about Mr. Scott , he always pulls something out of his ass in the bottom of the ninth.

Ben
View Quote

Yea!! That's the spirit!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Dont forget about Mark Lenard (Sarek) hes gone from this world.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Always liked Scotty the best of the whole freakin bunch. "I always multiply my repair time by a factor of three.....It helps keep my reputation as a miracle worker" and "The more they complicate the plumbing the easier it is to stop up the drain." He always had the best lines.

A bottle of scotch and two glasses please....here's to ya Mr. Scott.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#30]
i love the entire exchange at the end of "The Trouble with tribbles"

Scotty : i gave em to the klingins sir.

thats the only line i remember at the the moment.

although this is one of kirks best

Kirk: Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#31]
"I gave them to the Klingons, sir."

"You GAVE them to the KLINGONS?"

"Aye, sir.  Just before they went into warp, I transposrted the whole kit and kaboodle into their engine room, where there'll be no Tribble at all."

I always did enjoy that exchange...

Just like him reminiscing with LaForge on ST:TNG, and trying to explain how to be a "miracle worker...."

"It'll take three hours.  But, we don't have three hours.  No use cryin' over it, let's get to work..."

"Laddie, I WROTE that manual!"

I may have misquited the first one slightly, but the second line is my favourite anyhow.  I can identify with it!

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#32]
"Very funny Scotty... Now Beam up my clothes!!"

[8D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#33]
the one thing i remember is how he said klingons.
Klingin.

none of the three really wanted to be the one to tell kirk where the tribbles went. (spock/mccoy/scotty)
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#34]
the one thing i remember is how he said klingons.
Klingin.

none of the three really wanted to be the one to tell kirk where the tribbles went. (spock/mccoy/scotty)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top