Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2002 4:07:02 AM EDT
What can you say about this little scene?

[size=4]Tipper Gets Personal About Al at Book Show[/size=4]

By PAUL D. COLFORD Daily News Business Writer

Talk about family values.

Tipper Gore spiced up a talk with her husband, former Vice President Al Gore, about their upcoming book on the American family with a sly line about his manhood yesterday.

The couple addressed a breakfast audience at the trade show BookExpo America, after Jean Auel spoke about her new caveman novel and author Pat Conroy spoofed "The Corrections" with a twist of the best-seller's title.

[b]"You spoke about 'The Erections,' Pat," Tipper Gore said. "Jean wrote about a Homo erectus, I believe."[/b]

[b]Gesturing toward her husband, she added, "[u]I just want you to know he's not stiff[/u]."[/b]

Stiff personality was a rap against Gore when he ran for President. However, there was nothing stiff about the reaction to the playful spin by his wife, once famous for her outrage over sexually explicit song lyrics.

As booksellers at the Javits Convention Center laughed long and hard, her husband, who seemed to blush just a bit, went with the flow.

He leaned into the microphone and said: "I think our time is up."

As the laughter grew louder, Tipper Gore tried to get in a few words about their other book due this fall, a collection of photos titled "The Spirit of Family."

But the former vice president saw it was hopeless. "They're not hearing anything you're saying," he told her. "They're wondering what you meant."

Earlier, Al Gore said family experts have identified three stages in a marriage: romantic infatuation, power struggles and mutual acceptance.

He added: "I'm in the fourth stage, which is abject surrender."

[b]That got a rise out of the crowd, too.[/b]

See article at:[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/2002-05-06/News_and_Views/City_Beat/a-149963.asp[/url]

Eric The(SoundsLikeACryForHelpToMe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Earlier, Al Gore said family experts have identified three stages in a marriage: romantic infatuation, power struggles and mutual acceptance.

He added: "I'm in the fourth stage, which is abject surrender."

View Quote

see? even democrats have to put up with bitchy women. ;) and he knows he cant win.. abject surrender. LOL
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]
You have to admit, he's got marriage figured out correctly.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:40:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The real question is .... Where does Tipper keep HER Stiffy ?!?!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The real question is .... Where does Tipper keep HER Stiffy ?!?!
View Quote

Maybe she's getting some from Bob Dole and his little blue friend. [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Both Gores are as interesting as weathered 2x4's.....[;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top