Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/6/2002 5:49:42 PM EDT
Just when I thought the [b]BRC[/b] was a given for me I have been thrown that proverbial curve ball. By the time the [b]BRC[/b] gets here I will have been on my new job [Logistics Tech. for the worlds largest injection molding company catering exclusively to GM, Toyota, Isuzu, Honda and Ford] for a total of about 40 days. I was willing to take the one day off [31 May] I needed in order to make the [b]BRC[/b]. This week-end though at drill I noticed our June drill dates have been changed from the 22nd & 23rd to.....yep.............you guessed it...........June 1 & 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:(!] If I miss drill [which I technically could do and make it up during the week doing PMCS on the tankers or hummers or 931s] then I subsequently miss two extra days of work. A missed drill and 3 missed days of work so early into this new position aint' gonna cut it for me. Despite how much I wanna make the [b]BRC[/b], I gotta let my duty lie with the Company and the Guard. I was really looking forward to meeting all you guys and will certainly miss all the times we were gonna have those 3 days. Maybe next year huh? Good luck to you all on the door prizes, the competitions, the beer drinking binges and on your travel safety to and from the [b]BRC[/b] a3kid, EricTheHun, BeauBeaux 1&2, Hank, ARLady, Hurricane_Emily & Josie, Anti, Ed and all the others...........you guys have fun and I'll see ya next year come hell or high water!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:11:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:16:09 PM EDT
feel bad for you man. but sometimes, you have to prioritize. you're doing the right thing. the BRC don't pay de bills. next year, my friend.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2002 6:32:31 PM EDT by Lumpy223]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2002 6:32:56 PM EDT by rallywagon]
Psst. I'll purchase any leftover raffle tickets you may have! Ohh [edit] sorry you can't make it, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't go... Maybe weeping is very appropriate.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:25:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rallywagon: Psst. I'll purchase any leftover raffle tickets you may have!
View Quote
damn, he beat me to it!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:27:30 PM EDT
That sucks! medcop
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:38:23 PM EDT
I can't make it either. I will be stuck in Selmer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:52:05 PM EDT
That's right QCMGR.........you made the move down here already didn't you? I remember getting your e-mail about your e-mail not working or something like that and I forgot about it since. Sorry! We need to get together sometime and burn some powder or at least make the local shops and have a beer or something. Keep that in mind and maybe we can come up with a date. Jackson for me is only about a 40 minute drive....something I do with very little provocation or cause. See ya!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:55:13 PM EDT
Boohoo, I dont even have the luxury to say I was gonna go.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:03:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By X--Kill: That's right QCMGR.........you made the move down here already didn't you? I remember getting your e-mail about your e-mail not working or something like that and I forgot about it since. Sorry! We need to get together sometime and burn some powder or at least make the local shops and have a beer or something. Keep that in mind and maybe we can come up with a date. Jackson for me is only about a 40 minute drive....something I do with very little provocation or cause. See ya!
View Quote
I have been in Michigan this week but I am going back Wednesday.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:21:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:24:31 PM EDT
Now that sounds like a plan to me Sir_Slayer..........anybody got an old refirgerator box or something?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:13:52 AM EDT
Dues to my health and financial situation I will not be attending either [:(]...[>Q]...[>(]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:16:20 AM EDT
Brad, I understand what you're going through. I might have to part with a new toy to finance the trip. Know anybody who wants a satin, stainless 70 series Colt Government model in excellent condition?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:21:32 AM EDT
... Oh bummer man! ... On the other hand I didn't think I was going to be able to go at first but now things are looking as if I'll be able to make the trip. ... Tides ebb and flow
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:25:37 AM EDT
Darn, I am really sorry X--Kill. Was really looking forward to getting together again. You will be missed for sure. [smoke]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:33:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2002 5:34:58 AM EDT by White_horse]
a3: Just secure your transportation to and from if you can. I am sure an active member could show up with nothing more than an appetite and desire to shoot, and do just fine. Given the company, I am sure that the hospitality that we will all experience will produce a lifetime of memories. JUST DRAG YOUR CARCAS HERE AND LET YOUR NEEDS BE KNOWN. (Didja hear that?) -White Horse {Edit} Sorry you can't make it X. We will drink a toast to all who could not make it, as you will be in our hearts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:36:24 PM EDT
Thanks White_Horse......while I certainly can't during drill.....you can bet I'll return that toast with my glass.....err...I mean Tecate, held high on Saturday night 1 JUN. Scott:.........Thanks man.....was really looking forward to spending time with you and your family................other ways/means will present themselves later on I am sure. [beer] to you all my friends!
Top Top