Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2002 6:39:11 PM EDT
Happened to go to Golden Corral the other day for lunch. Don't ask me why. I usually don't do the all you can eat buffets. But me and my crew were working on that side of town, and there weren't that many options.

Let's just say I don't think I'll be eating there anytime again soon. I was disgusted. And not by the food.

Man where to start.

Well, along came the first morbidly obese family. They were of course wearing dirty sweatpants, dirty shorts, and had  dirty asses and guts down to their knees. Did I mention they stunk like rotten trailer?

That was the first point I lost my apetite and couldn't eat until they were out of site/smell.

Then there were the people who couldn't control their bowels and were farting/crapping their pants (literally) right next to me.

Well, then came the next bunch of morbidly obese folks. They also stunk, and wore shorts and sandals (dirty).

But it got worse.

Along with the second bunch was a morbidly obese woman with amputated legs in a wheel chair. She was wearing shorts and her nasty scars were shouting at me.

I think I turned pale. One of my co-workers actually looked at me and asked "you not feeling to good?".

Now I'm not saying these people don't have the right to eat all they can in public, but shouldn't there be a "make the rest of us sick" section, just like with smokers. I mean, people bitch all the time because of second hand smoke right?

Well, I just had to vent.

Now you can all call me a dick.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
dick. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
They really craped their nickers? how did you know?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
You are a dick.[:D]
But yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes I go to an all you can eat joint for breakfast called JJ Norths. Some of the patrons should be hauled around with pallet jacks or forklifts. Disgusting.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They really craped their nickers? how did you know?
View Quote

Well, when they go to sit down and that dookie smell wafts by your face (those tables aren't set far enough apart), believe me you can smell it.
It definately smelled more solid, less gas.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Reminds me of a Lewis Black skit: "So I went to my gym; the International House of Pancakes. Why is that my gym?...

...because there is always someone there that weighs more than a 150 LBS then I ever will!"

Kyle
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
So you don't like people with weight problems who are poor and you do want them to have to eat their food far from you.
Who else? Should poor retards have their own walled camps far away from where you might see them?
Should poor people with cancer have to go off to mexico or something and not scuz up the local hospital?
If you don't like poor people with health problems may I suggest you consider becoming active in Democrat politics? You would make a great limo liberal.
Its not like they came to you and trashed your hood, you went to their place.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Happened to go to Golden Corral the other day for lunch.  
Well, along came the first morbidly obese family.

Well, then came the next bunch of morbidly obese folks.
But it got worse.

Along with the second bunch was a morbidly obese woman with amputated legs in a wheel chair.

Well, I just had to vent.

Now you can all call me a dick.
View Quote
Well, vent while you can, because [b]fat[/b] is exactly where America is going!
Heck, we've got more fat [b]toddlers[/b] now then ever before in history.

Someday yer gonna be the minority and they'll squish you when your waiting in line. [%|]

A nightmare submitted for your approval  .  .  . you're in a Golden Corral in the not too distant future  .  .  in the Twilight Zone [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
ShamusMcOI,
Sounds as if you had a rather shity time [;)]
W
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So you don't like people with weight problems who are poor and you do want them to have to eat their food far from you.
Who else? Should poor retards have their own walled camps far away from where you might see them?
Should poor people with cancer have to go off to mexico or something and not scuz up the local hospital?
If you don't like poor people with health problems may I suggest you consider becoming active in Democrat politics? You would make a great limo liberal.
Its not like they came to you and trashed your hood, you went to their place.
View Quote

LOL. I'm guessing this is sarcasm, especially with the last line. That was funny.

I'm not making fun of poor people with health problems. But people who smell like shit and eat too much bother me.

I guess homeless people who smell like beer and turds shouldn't offend me either when at the conveniance stores?

Either way, my list of people I hate/who disgust me stretches long and far.

Maybe you could teach me how to love?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But people who smell like shit...people who smell like beer and turds...
View Quote

Good Lord, Man!

What happened to you as a child?  Did somebody leave you in a diaper too long?  You appear to have a serious issue with 'potty' smells.  From the way you talk about it, it seems like you've run into more gasbags and soap-challenged people in one day than I've met in my life.

Hold your water, Shamus, and things will work out all right.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
But people who smell like shit...people who smell like beer and turds...
View Quote

Good Lord, Man!

What happened to you as a child?  Did somebody leave you in a diaper too long?  You appear to have a serious issue with 'potty' smells.  From the way you talk about it, it seems like you've run into more gasbags and soap-challenged people in one day than I've met in my life.

Hold your water, Shamus, and things will work out all right.
View Quote

Hey, no major Fruedian issues here pal. Nice try.

Am I really such a bastard for feeling ill at the sight of some of these people?

Well, you weren't there. You don't know what I saw. If you had, I BET you wouldn't have been able to eat.

Agian, I didn't say that these people should stay home. Just that they ruined my apetite.

Jesus people, I was just venting. I COULN"T EAT FOR CHRISTS SAKE.

Man Alpha, you need to take some midol and take it easy.

I guess you like smelling trailer park trash while you eat?

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[Man Alpha, you need to take some midol and take it easy.

View Quote

Well, actually, it wasn't my dinner that was ruined, so I'm not disturbed in the least.  And, I guess I'm just tolerant of all sorts of trash.

Hope your next meal goes better.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey I'm with you ShamusMcOI.  Some people are just disgusting.  

"Hey I'm eating here people!"

You have to admit, it's great weight loss incintive though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Man Alpha, you need to take some midol and take it easy.

View Quote

Well, actually, it wasn't my dinner that was ruined, so I'm not disturbed in the least.  And, I guess I'm just more tolerant to all sorts of trash than you are.
View Quote

Good for you!

You just won the "I'm Just More Tolerant To All Sorts Of Trash Than You" award for the night!

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good for you!

You just won the "I'm Just More Tolerant To All Sorts Of Trash Than You" award for the night!

Congratulations!
View Quote

Fantastic!  Where are we going for dinner?  I assume that was first prize, wasn't it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#18]
My opinion of my one and only experience is that the food was good but the reason they call it a corral is because they herd you around like cattle.  I won't be going back.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Duuude! You are like totaly required to burn a fatty before venturing into those dens! Not only will it allow you to get your moneys worth of nutrition; munchies, it will also mask the smell. Then when your done you can thank the great creator for two things; cheeba and not making you like those trailer creatures!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like your suggestions.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#21]
ShamusMcOI,

I know exactly what you mean.  I don't have to eat with soap challenged people very often, but I do have to enter the trailer they live in and wade through the cat shit while trying not to puke.

I could go on and on...but I will just agree with you.  Remind me to tell a few "stories" to you next time we shoot.  Just remind me of the cat crap and soap challenged people.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#22]
poopoo.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:[:D]
Happened to go to Golden Corral the other day...

...Now I'm not saying these people don't have the right to eat all they can in public, but shouldn't there be a "make the rest of us sick" section, just like with smokers. I mean, people bitch all the time because of second hand smoke right?...
View Quote

View Quote

Yeah , yeah , OK, we realized the jealousy you feel at seeing the advanced practitioners of your newly found hobby (you don't need to make excuses to us -- like 'not that many options'-- you're in the company of friends, here).

Don't worry, though.  By watching your mentors there and copying what they do, you too will soon begin to approach their journeyman-level craft in the all-you-can-eat experience.

I can offer you a tip or two, myself.

First of all, don't forget what you're there for.  This is consumption junction.  

Just as Linda Lovelace learned to suppress her gag reflex, you can learn to get past the revulsion you feel from this overload of sensory stimulation from your neighbors.

Do you think they smell each other?  Or judge those guts as anything but a lofty goal to reach?  

Remember, keep your eye on the plate.  Letting your fellow gourmands distract you will only delay your reaching food-induced Satori.  

By blocking out aural, olfactory, and peripheral viusual stimuli, you will soon 'be in the zone' and be only aware of the food that IS.  

Just remember to wear shorts no higher than mid-thigh, so that when you cream yourself from reaching what (I'm told) are ecstatic levels of eating pleasure, you won't embarrass yourself.

And you've no doubt already learned to work the line backwards, to get around the establishment's strategy of putting the really good stuff at the far end so that you will fill your plate up with empty bulk like salads, etc.

Once you've got your first deserts, head to the vaious entrees, moving back to the fools' starting spot.

Oh, and while we don't mind letting you commiserate with us, please give us the answer to what we've all been wondering:

[size=6][red] HOW's ROSIE???? [/red][/size=6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top