Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Can I use 1" OR 1 1/4" and still attach ANY pump? How to the pumps attach to the PVC pipe anyway?

And when I get to around 30' do I have to blow the area out or will I hit some kind of unlimited supply of water?
View Quote

I'd use 1 1/4 pipe.The pump will have a threaded fitting/flange on the inlet and outlet.
all you need to do is screw in a 1 1/4 PVC male adapter into these areas and you're in business.You'll also want a check valve so your pump is always primed.This keeps your pipe always full of water so you don't lose your prime.

Checking with the water mgt people 1st is a good idea.As far as being out any money by trying this You're going to buy a pump and pipe regardless of what method you use.

People who don't live here don't realize that half of Florida is just a giant sand dune with no clay,hardpan etc.That's why my dad was able to do this.He does not live in a low area and he only had to go 30' or so.Also his garden well has never gone dry.

Check and see if you're all dirt and sand and if you are give it a shot.Like I said,you're going to buy the pipe anyway.If you're not familear with running PVC,Home Depot can give you the basics in about 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'd use 1 1/4 pipe.The pump will have a threaded fitting/flange on the inlet and outlet.
all you need to do is screw in a 1 1/4 PVC male adapter into these areas and you're in business.You'll also want a check valve so your pump is always primed.This keeps your pipe always full of water so you don't lose your prime.

Checking with the water mgt people 1st is a good idea.As far as being out any money by trying this You're going to buy a pump and pipe regardless of what method you use.

People who don't live here don't realize that half of Florida is just a giant sand dune with no clay,hardpan etc.That's why my dad was able to do this.He does not live in a low area and he only had to go 30' or so.Also his garden well has never gone dry.

Check and see if you're all dirt and sand and if you are give it a shot.Like I said,you're going to buy the pipe anyway.If you're not familear with running PVC,Home Depot can give you the basics in about 30 seconds.
View Quote

GG, that answered a lot of my questions thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
SteyrAUG,If you want,e-mail me and I'll give you my dads phone # in Orlando and you can call him for the straight scoop.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Jeez Aug..
Only you could get 3 pages and counting of replys about a Well.

Jeez, now I'm feeding the fire!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top