Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/3/2002 11:35:56 AM EDT
This article is full of good ones; I love good doublespeak when I see it.
Gordon Johndroe, Ridge's spokesman, told United Press International the Bush administration opposes a national identification card, but is working with several national associations including the governors and the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators on ideas to make vehicle operators permits more standard.
View Quote
Click [url=www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=02052002-072009-4333r]here.[/url]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:18:55 PM EDT
Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with standardizing driver's licenses. They are already a de facto national ID card...almost every adult in the nation has one. The bad part about national ID isn't that one exists, it's that you would be FORCED to have one. No one is forcing you to have a driver's license.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 3:16:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RikWriter: Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with standardizing driver's licenses. They are already a de facto national ID card...almost every adult in the nation has one. The bad part about national ID isn't that one exists, it's that you would be FORCED to have one. No one is forcing you to have a driver's license.
View Quote
But RR! it will put us on the slippery slope to some assinine conspiracy theory!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:24:31 PM EDT
Great. That'll make fake id's harder. How'm I gonna get scotch now?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:32:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spade: Great. That'll make fake id's harder. How'm I gonna get scotch now?
View Quote
Where there's a will, a market and a buck...THERES A WAY!
Top Top