Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2002 8:49:55 AM EDT
Several months ago I made the mistake of buying Kilowatter's AR handguard tool through a Shooters.com vendor.  The tool is great, but now I'm getting spammed regularly from Shooters.com.

What Shooters.com did was sell my email address to Sandybay.com who does nothing more than manage advertizing mailing lists - i.e. spam.

Thinking that it might be legit, I tried the "unsubscribe" link a couple of times, but of course that doesn't work.  In fact, I'm now getting spammed more frequently from Sandybay.com, confirming that they are indeed your typical spammers.  Check them out [url=www.sandybay.com]here[/url].

If you are tired of getting spam from Shooters.com, forward the spam [b]with the headers intact[/b] to [b][email protected][/b] along with a polite note stating you don't like to get spammed by their account holder.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#1]
That's just lovely. Who can you trust anymore?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Try mailwasher. It will bounce all the mail back to them from your pop3 server with a bad address message ;)
View Quote

Bouncing email back to the spammer is a complete waste of time.  First, chances are very good that the header is forged.  Even if it gets back to the spammer, it merely confirms you have a live address and you get placed on more expensive mailing lists and will start getting more spam.

What you want to do is complain to their host or provider for a violation of their Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).  For instance, if navisite.com receives enough complaints they'll cancel the spammer's account, thereby shutting down the web page.  And they hate it when that happens.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
heres one of the best articles on spam/spammers i have read.  [url=]www.ernieshouseofwhoopass.com/nospam.html[/url]

its also a pretty good site.  he raised a bunch of money to help fly service guys and gals home for christmas.  people that would have been stuck at some base away from their family because they couldnt afford plane fare.  i thought that was cool.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Spammers are scum!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I use an email program called Spamkiller.  Their website is www.spamkiller.com
I have it set up so that I do not receive any spam, or at the most one or two a week if that.  It really works and I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top