Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/2/2002 11:40:21 PM EDT
Which do you prefer?

I have two dogs, they are 100% worthless, but I wouldn't trade'em for the world.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My dog rules... American Bull Terrier

Pool man calls him cinder block head, a fitting name.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Dogs, and not some stupid little yipping worthless, ankle biting poodle.  A real dog- German Shepard.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you a cat lover or something?

Everybody knows dogs are better, didn't you see the movie? The dogs win, therefore they are better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess the real question is.....Why the hell would anyone own a cat?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dogs, and not some stupid little yipping worthless, ankle biting poodle.  A real dog- German Shepard.
View Quote

Poodles are mean as hell, Shepards are good dogs, but I love my pit/rott mutt.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Dogs are the BEST!  

My German Shep likes to eat cats...not actually but she plays with them really really rough.  She will bring a cat up to you and want you to throw it like a fetch toy.  

For all you cat people...I don't throw it.  I just put it down and give it an even race against My GS.  

If you can't tell...I really don't like cats!

medcop
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Poodles are mean as hell, Shepards are good dogs, but I love my pit/rott mutt.
View Quote

Pit/rott makes a good combination.  I just hate small dogs.  They are worthless except for making noise.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dogs are the BEST!  

My German Shep likes to eat cats...not actually but she plays with them really really rough.  She will bring a cat up to you and want you to throw it like a fetch toy.  

For all you cat people...I don't throw it.  I just put it down and give it an even race against My GS.  

If you can't tell...I really don't like cats!

medcop
View Quote

Come on......you know you play fetch!!!![;)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I voted for cats.

Dogs, unless tenderized properly, are much too stringy to make a good meal.  

At least that's been my experience.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Uh..Oh, I just remembered we had this little discussion a few months ago. The topic was locked pretty quick!!!! I think due to "cat" recipes. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Dogs are the best!

I was driving on the freeway last week around 5:30am going about 65-70mph when I saw this white thing in the middle of my lane #1.  It was a fckn white cat lying on his/her back with legs kicking in the air.  I managed to drive "over" the cat without hitting it because I was driving a Mountaineer.  As I drove "over" the cat, I could see his/her glowing eyes looking towards my headlights.  The next car right behind me would have definitely imprinted the furry feline into the pavement.  

I hope that cat has at least one life left out of nine.

Oh ya, I would have pulled to the side to help the fallen feline, but it was impossible to do so.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Dogs rule...Cats drool..........

1 Cat...
One Baster...
Box of Stuffing...
JOKE.....!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:14:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Uh..Oh, I just remembered we had this little discussion a few months ago. The topic was locked pretty quick!!!! I think due to "cat" recipes. [:D]
View Quote

Cat recipes do not fly around here, I can guarantee that.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Found it.. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=93902[/url]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:31:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I like em both equally well I guess but I can't stand any of em if they want to spend all their time tryin to rub on ya or crawl up in your lap. I'm partial to a "porch" dog or cat. You walk outside they come over lookin for a little attention then go back an lay on the porch. Any pet has it's problems from the cat that will not leave you alone to the dog that won't stop humpin your girlfriends leg or the ferret that bites the crap out of someone right after you say "naw he don't bite, he ain't bitten anyone in a couple years".
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#17]
i like my cats there a hell of alot easyer to take care off and dont crap all over the backyard.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:55:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I love it when cat owners tell you to look at their cat and say 'I wonder what he/she is thinking right now.'

Idiot, the cat's not thinking - it doesn't even have a forehead, fer crying out loud, how do you figure it's thinking if it doesn't even have a frickkin forehead?

If it's thinking at all, it's probably trying to figure out where to drop its next load!

Eric The(InYourClothesBasket,Your[u]Clean[/u]ClothesBasket)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#19]
We have both.

The cats are definitely more pro-gun. The dogs run away and hide any time I get a firearm out.

The cats love weapons. I have pictures of our cats curled up with riot guns, M16s and various other implements of freedom. When I brought home an MP5 for the first time, one of my cats stayed in the same room as it for a couple of days. After he saw what was in the case, he kept trying to get it out.

Dogs are loyal, but cats have a definite sense of style.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 3:33:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Dogs rule. I have always had at least one, and always will.
The problem with cats (other than hairballs, bad smelling crap, hair dander, and being worthless) is that they think they own you!!!

Ummm, I have opposable thumbs and am on top of the food chain, you meow and spend copious amounts of time time trying to expell the hair you just spent 45 mins. licking off yourself!!

They are a play toys for my 110lb lab, I just don't think they understand that....
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 3:47:01 AM EDT
[#21]
DOGS!
My Lab never pissed in my shoes out of spite.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:10:52 AM EDT
[#22]
The only good cat.... [pistol] is a dead cat!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#24]
hey everyone,

don't knock cats....!!

they are sneaky, stealthy, sly, cunning & present a great opportunity to sharpen your stealth tactics, i have a .22 single shot rifle set up as a cat sniper rifle, red dot, night vision & all the other goodies........

house cats are the biggest detriment to wildlyfe & small game in this country.., any cat more than 500' from a house is considered a fair target to me......

when i was a young fella hunting rabits & pheasants in Ohio.., i killed more cats afield than rabits !!!!!!

we have a blood thirsty long haired Chihuahua, that is meaner than any pit bull any of you have......, pound for pound !!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:32:35 AM EDT
[#25]
CATS suck,unless your looking for target practice,......w/a water pistol[;)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Kagogi is good it helps the blood in cold winter weather. But, as any Korean will tell you only north Koreans eat dog. Lots of countries like dog they taste great.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Dogs are man best friends....and I don't know about you guys with goats.  

I don't want to know.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#30]
We had dogs first and now have cats.  Cats have it all over dogs.  They are smarter, cleaner and a lot more self-sufficient.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Prefer??? For what use? Every animal has its specific use.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#32]
I have a Pitbull and a cat.  

The f'ing cat is WORTHLESS!  

[IMG]http://www.gotbeer.net/images/dalee/images/dalee6.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We had dogs first and now have cats.  Cats have it all over dogs.  They are smarter, cleaner and a lot more self-sufficient.
View Quote

Cats are smarter?  You've got to be kidding me?  What kind of moronic dog did you have, if you think cats are smarter?  
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I only got one thing to say....

(even though I stole it from Denis Leary)

How many cats did you see helping at ground zero in N.Y.?

Enough said:  DOGS ARE BETTER
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Dogs will eat cat poop like it's a delicacy. (Common problem for dog+cat households: dog raids cat litter box for 'dessert'.) Cats won't eat dog poop. 'Nuff said.

Cats are self-sufficient Republican/ Libertarians who'll leave you alone if you leave them alone; dogs are Democrats looking for handouts ;-)

Plus cats are obligate carnivores; I like that, as I'm a meat connosieur myself. Dogs can survive well on a mostly veggie-protein diet. (Dogs can safely eat dry cat food; cats will not survive long on dry dog food.)

Seriously, if you live in a small place and travel a bit, cats are great. Low maintenance. Always finds 'the box', holds it if box not there, never a mess. For outdoor cats, not much support is needed other than Advantage flea treatment.

Plus she has very sensitive hearing. She can hear noises way before I can detect 'em - so I know if someone's prowling out on the back deck area of our apt. complex. If she jumps up from the bed in the middle of the night, something's bothering her more than usual, and I'm ready with the HK USP from under my pillow.

My cat is very, very pro-gun. She loves the scent of CLP, RemOil, and Hoppe's #9, and has curled up near one of my ARs.  She has already marked the gunsafe with her cheeks, meaning it's now 'her' territory ;-)

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Cats are smarter?  You've got to be kidding me?  What kind of moronic dog did you have, if you think cats are smarter?  
View Quote

I've had several different kinds.  Overall, the cats are smarter (with the possible exception of the border collie we had - she was an extremely intelligent dog).
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Dogs will eat cat poop like it's a delicacy. (Common problem for dog+cat households: dog raids cat litter box for 'dessert'.) Cats won't eat dog poop. 'Nuff said.

Cats are self-sufficient Republican/ Libertarians who'll leave you alone if you leave them alone; dogs are Democrats looking for handouts ;-)
View Quote

Pretty funny!  

Yes, my dog loves cat sheet!  We have to jam the litter box against the wall, so the cat can barely get in it, or she'll "clean" the litter box for us!  

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#38]
[img]personalpages.tds.net/~eflanagin/billiefirebow3.jpg[/img]

I love my pup, wouldn't trade her for the world.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I Prefer Mr Kitty [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/catman.gif[/img]

Meow Meow, Meow Meow
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I have both, but the cats drive me crazy...they piss on everything.  The 2 labs are very well behaved.  Dogs for me!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I've had both dogs and cats, and with the possible exception of Great Danes, I prefer cats over dogs.  BWeise is right; they're like little self sufficient libertarians.  They like affection, but don't need it like a dog does.  They're independent, not needy like a dog.  Cats keep themselves clean, they don't crap all over the place, and if you leave them a pile of food and the box they'll be fine for days if you have to go away.  (try leaving a dog and a pile of food in the house for a couple days and see what you come home to)  My cat was an avid hunter - went after snakes, frogs, birds, and rodents.  Did her part to keep the critters away from the house.  Never had a dog do much more than beg for food and leave piles of shit in the yard waiting for someone to come along and step in it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I have both cats and dogs, and love them both.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I have 3 dogs, 7 cats, 40 chickens, and 4 GOATS.
So , what the hell should my answer be?

Oh yeah, I do have a trouser snake also.

RLBubba
An armed society is a polite society
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The cats are definitely more pro-gun. The dogs run away and hide any time I get a firearm out.

The cats love weapons. I have pictures of our cats curled up with riot guns, M16s and various other implements of freedom. When I brought home an MP5 for the first time, one of my cats stayed in the same room as it for a couple of days. After he saw what was in the case, he kept trying to get it out.
View Quote

This one is so easy, I am surprised no other dog guy caught it....

Your dogs [b]are[/b] smarter than your cats. They sense death, and being the only living thing around go into survival mode. Your cats however are dumb as a rock, would lay there and lick their fur as you made them a cyanide cocktail.  Tried to get the MP5 out? [smoke]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I like cats becuase they are such low maintainence.  Dogs are cool but there are alot of work.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Bring it - don't sing it!

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/TylerDurden%2FDebogator%21001b%26w%2Ejpg[/img]

Dogs have served AND saved lives of the members of out armed forces in every major conflict.

What was that about cats?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Plus cats are obligate carnivores; I like that,
Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA
View Quote
Man, I loved your post AND you made me look up the word "obligate" and learn something this evening.
Kudos 2 you! [8D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Cats oh course.  They taste better.[:D]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Someone (can't remember username) just wrote:

"...have both, but the cats drive
    me crazy...they piss on everything."

Betcha those are unneutered male cats. And they'll keep peeing on the same things because they've peed there before.

First, FIX YOUR CATS. We have enough cats (& dogs) in the world.   There's no need to breed cats unless you have a rare breed and are gonna sell them (to good homes).  Your kids want kittens?  Tons of 'em get killed every weekend at the SPCA - save a few lives, bring 'em home.

Clean everywhere with an enzymatic cleaner to take the "I marked my territory HERE" odor away.

If you fix the male cats when they're real young, they never (or rarely) acquire marking instincts. Female cats should be fixed early on too: if they avoid their 1st cycle, far less chance of cancer. [Unfixed female cats who are not bred have *very* high incidences of cancer: lots of powerful hormones running around doing nothing.]

My cat Pastel (female) has never peed/pooed on the carpet - except for the time when my girlfriend put the litter box lid on backwards and poor cat couldn't get to box all weekend long. She's upchucked an occasional hairball once or twice but that's always been on linoleum or on the ramp of her litter box.

BTW: if you're looking for a great cat, have you thought about adopting an older cat? They're more sedate, have already gone thru their young ruffian stages, and need good homes too.  People always jump at kittens & young cats, but I feel sorry for the older ones who have less chance of adoption.

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top