Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2002 7:20:59 PM EDT
I've been following this in one of the local newspapers since I recently moved to beautiful Brooklyn.  The kid was wrong for what he did, but the school he goes to and the courts in his local area are overdoing it a bit. This was one of the articles from the paper I could find on line.  There were also some uninformed bozo's that freaked out in letters to the edditor about this kid saying the school's didn't do enough to him and that we need to sterilize him etc.  [url]http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/042702/27brewgunfolo.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF???  He seems to be a responsible young person who wants to serve his country.  He bought a gun and couldn't keep in his house.

Where's the crime?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The only crime I can see is that he had the weapon on school grounds. Many states have laws against that, but usually it wouldn't get this much attention, unless they had a incident of the kid using it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
smokecity, the kid did NOTHING wrong. He wasn't going to go on a killing spree. He just couldn't keep his weapon at his house. So where else should he keep it? Under a bush?
He "violated" an unConstitutional law that infringes on his right to keep and bear arms.
People are brainwashed. If the kid didn't plan to commit a crime, then all he did was "violate" some panty wetting soccer moms' desire to get rid guns.
The young man is a service member, and according to the ONLY reasonable voice (his ROTC instructor) was a top notch student.
Screw the stupid rules.
I hope (but doubt) that the kid will win this one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
"That kid legally bought that gun with 95 rounds of ammunition," [Brewster Schools Superintendent Mark Lewis] said. "Something is wrong with the system to allow that to occur. I think the state needs to look at its gun laws."
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:59:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 3:36:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Well that's too bad. One of the young man's buddies snitched on him. A more mature person might have tried to find a better place to store his weapon.I hope he can graduate and get into the service. I assume the NRA is on top of the situation.

His mother is a nice piece of work.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#8]
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree when:

(1) He possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, metal knuckles, chuka stick, [size=4]sand bag[/size=4], sandclub, wrist-brace type slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"
View Quote

It's illegal to possess a sand bag?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:36:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree when:

(1) He possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, metal knuckles, chuka stick, [size=4]sand bag[/size=4], sandclub, [b]wrist-brace type slingshot or slungshot[/b], shirken or "Kung Fu star"
View Quote

View Quote

and wrist-rocket slingshots, sold at wal-mart. this is one messed-up state. has anyone ever used these things to commit a crime? i was once jabbed with a pencil, they going to ban those too?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:42:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

(1) He possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, metal knuckles, chuka stick, [size=4]sand bag[/size=4], sandclub, wrist-brace type slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"
View Quote

View Quote

This raises ALL KINDS of questions -

Is it still illegal if the bag has no sand in it??? Or is mere possession of the bag illegal??

And what about "high capacity" sand bags??? When does it become high capacity?? Over a pound??

And if simple possession of a sandbag with intent is illegal, we may as well throw in rocks, sticks, water (forcible drowning) and those little purple ink berries which are poisonous if ingested (forcible ingestion with intent)

Or preferrably, we'll make  legislation with intent to make stupid laws a felony.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]
WHOA!!! Whats a Ballistic Knife? It sounds pretty cool, I gotta get me one of those!!!!  

A freeking sandbag!!!!

What if you remove the sand from the bag, and fill it with glass beads (as in blasting beads) or lead shot? Then it is technically not a "sand" bag [;D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:03:11 AM EDT
[#12]
[b]Brewster Schools Superintendent Mark Lewis, who wanted the high school senior's bail continued, said he was alarmed that Boujon even had a weapon.[/b]

Well, since we share the same name maybe I should retract that statement. Grrrrr!!!!  [:(!]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top