Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2002 8:23:34 AM EDT
I'll begin this thread by saying that this is just for shiggles and gits....strictly for fun....and is only my attempt at making lite of a situation which plagues far too many of us [very few] remaining good guys these days.  The topic is:

"Have I found [i][b][u]the[/i][/b][/u] ideal woman?"

I am beginning to think I may have........

A brief Desc.:

For starters I have known this gal for about 25 years......although not well enough to really be that close to her.

She is 38, 5'5", 120 lbs, brunette and has blue eyes.  Is in the medical profession [12 yrs], divorced for 3 yrs [husband was alcoholic] and has no kiddies.  Definitely someone that would get a 2nd and even 3rd look from me if I'd just met her on the street. [Very cute]....she has a twin too....

She is into fitness, outdoors activities, Harleys, travel, cars [has nice Camaro convertible], she collects various species of bugs and moths, loves documentaries [History Channel, Discovery, etc], likes weird cartoons/shows like Cow & Chicken, Ren & Stimpy, Johnny Bravo, AB-FAB, Keeping Up Appearances, Monty Python...and... she keeps her revolver on the table beside her bed at night.

So much for the surface.......

The unique thing I have found about this lady is that she is just that........a lady.  Mature, confident, humourous [albeit dark [:D]], not conceited, is connected with reality and is very perceptive.  Her sincerity and honesty are almost a foreign concept to me

She watched my last relationship [?] from afar and accurately pegged how my life was at home with a cold heartless be-otch for a wife.  Which, may not have been that hard to guess but she at least thought about it and was totally on the money.

She is funny, reasonable and slightly eccentric in ways that are like my own quirks or at least of a compatable/complimentary nature.

So far all we have done over the last 2.5 months is go to dinner, talk on the phone and just get together and ride around, sit at the park and drink some brews and spend time together.

I have never really met anyone quite like her and the feeling of comfort I have with her is almost unreal.

I am devoted to taking things slow....slow....slow.........have been to hell and back too many times so I am a much wiser and much more cautious person than ever I was before.  

Got a funny feeling about this one though.......have to admitt that so far she has all the qualities of someone that I could get into a really serious [possibly lasting] relationship with.

Like I said........this is just for fun cause you guys are certainly an extended family.

Whadda ya think?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
She is into ... Monty Python...and... she keeps her revolver on the table beside her bed at night.
View Quote

All that, and happiness too? Put a ring on her finger.

It seems like you've had plenty of time to get to know each other.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Gotta have a question to get an answer.

What do you want?

A. Someone to say that she sounds great and you should persue a relationship?

B. It sounds too good to be true, shine her on?

C. Nail her?

D. Try to find out her innermost feelings and nurture the little girl in her?

I think A.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Whadda ya think?
View Quote

I think that's great.  Just take it slow...
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Nah Pangea...........not looking for your item "A".............although that is all some people need to hear in order to make up their hearts mind.

I am a grown guy...........I know where my thoughts and feelings are taking me on this one.

Right now I am at the "Hmmmmm......I know enough about you to know that I am very interested in seeing where this will go"...stage

I am not naive........and sure BeeKeeper........we all got a big hairy wart somewheres.

She just seems to be a real down-to-earth type of girl........and yes.....seems to have more of the qualities I look for in a woman than any I have met in a long, long time.  She has been through similar experiences in life as me and still has her personality, sense of humor and her identity........I admire that.

Like I said........just interested in others thoughts.

When it comes to making up my mind I stand alone.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
HELLO!!!

back to reality here.

girls are the devil!!!! maybe not at first but eventually...were talking prince(ss) of darkness here. save the money & buy an HK.

and remember kids: "GUNS GOOD GIRLS BAD!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Remember...No matter how great she seems, someone, somwhere, is tired of putting up with her shit. [:D]

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

If the feelings seem mutual, jump in with both feet.  Even if it turns out badly, you've at least lived!  Better to have loved and lost...yada-yada-yada.

Go fer it!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#8]
You know X-Kill, if you are feeling love for this woman, even if it goes no further, you will feel the loss, so you should take your best shot.

If it is not love, give it time.

"Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Dude,  if your looking for a long term commitment she sounds like a real keeper.

BUT if you just want to mess around & keep it
"no strings attached" then just let her know.

It sounds like you'd like to hang onto her,
if that's the case go for it!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Take it as slow as you can, and then slow down.

[:D]

Yer in the infatuation stage.

Compare where you are right now with how you were in the infatuation stage with Ms. Be-otch. Make sure there is a marked difference.

Remember - second marriages have about a 1 in 3 or 4 chance of survival. Paying alimony to more than one woman at a time would likely severely cut into your gun fund.

[BD]

Well, that's all the words of wisdom I got. I hafta go lay down. [:D]

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a nice gal.

The best thing you can do is take it slow (I know that's what everyone else said but...).

You have the friend thing down it sounds, so play it cautious and see what happens. The cool thing about my wife, is the fact that she is my best friend. There isn't anyone else I would rather "hang out" with.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Now, if you'd said she keeps a 1911 on the night stand, I'd say go for it, it's not gonna get any better.
View Quote

Hey, don't knock it. At least she's a gun owner. Introducing other models is easy now that the driving tests have been passed...[:D]

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#13]
X-kill,

Sounds right to me. It took me 33 yrs to find my bride. Married her 10 yrs ago and haven't looked back. Just found out she likes guns....long story...but, just the fact that you found one that has a sense of humor, that you can sit around and talk with and not have the "relationship" axe hanging over y'all, tells me you have a solid base to build on.
It ain't never easy and we can all be hard to live with at times. Next question I'd ask her is what her plans for life are....marry rich? live life and retire an enjoy? ...get married and have younguns....basically make sure your life goals align...then you're bound to make it work....

Good luck man!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I read a test sequence once.  This applies to opportunity, invitation, business transaction, financial decision [b]and social interaction.[/b]

Is it a wise thing for me to do?

Is is a wise thing for me to do in light of my past experience?

Is it a wise thing for me to do in light of my present situation?

Is it a wise thing for me to do in light of my future plans and dreams?

If it isn't, stay away.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Can I have her sister???

[:)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry Uhlek................the sister is already married w/ kid.  Nice though.......very nice!

Yeah...............the friendship thing is down pretty good...............like I said.......we've known eachother for about 25 years so I guess you could say we been freinds for quite some time.............just not real close ones.

The infatuation stage G-Man?

Yeah, I thought about that and have done a comparative analysis to my relationship with the be-otch at the same interval

Conclusion:  The be-otch was obviously a be-otch from point go....I just chose to ignore it as I was in a denial stage about a lot of things during that time period and was obviously not evaluating things and taking them in the proper context nor with the appropriate # of grains of salt that I should have.

The be-otch was all flame and flash and fanfare but .....no substance....a void......a vacuum.

This gal has substance, significant substance I might add.  Looks aside, it is her heart and soul that I find to be the main lure.

Her ex worked for Budweiser so there ya go.......he also diddled the bosses daughter which is another soap opera all together.  From what I can gather [from my own observations and from reliable sources] my lady friend did nothing to cause him to behave as he did.

And hey...........I figure a revolver is a fine place to start.  She can always be introduced to the Kimber and the M4 later on [and she will be BTW]

I dunno guys...............my 6th and 7th senses usually give me pretty good indicators [not that I always follow them cuz God knows I paid no heed when everything pinged about the be-otch]........I got a feeling about this one though.......
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
...she has a twin too....
View Quote

Just about the time I get too busy at work to post much - y'all start slippin' on me.  Where in the hell is the obligatory [b]"Do 'em both"[/b] post??????

Now, on a more serious note Brad...

She sounds like a really neat person to spend some quality time with.  And I mean that.

[b]BUT[/b], I'd really consider trying not to fall "head over heels" for her until after you've finished basic training & AIT.  You'll have enough on your mind without having to spend the few restful hours you'll get, pining for somebody you left "back home".  Know what I mean, dude?

Good luck to you.  [:D]

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Two and a half months is a joke when it comes to a relationship.  You havent had enough time to see the dirt come out if there is any.  Never think this is the right person early on as you will almost always be dissapointed.  Just spend time together and see how it goes.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#21]
She sounds great to me.
I hope it works out.

No advice from me because I have thought that I had met the right woman and they turned out to be Lunachicks.

Good luck

ARH
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
HELLO!!!

back to reality here.

girls are the devil!!!! maybe not at first but eventually...were talking prince(ss) of darkness here. save the money & buy an AR.

and remember kids: "GUNS GOOD GIRLS BAD!!
View Quote

[b][i]Don't Date, Accumulate!!![/b][/i][B)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...she has a twin too....
View Quote

Just about the time I get too busy at work to post much - y'all start slippin' on me.  Where in the hell is the obligatory [b]"Do 'em both"[/b] post??????

View Quote

Do 'em both! [sex]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top