Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/1/2002 3:24:00 PM EDT
Damn! I'm trying to make my famous Tuna Casserole and the (^$*Damn Oven won't come on. Its a Tappan Gas oven. The burners on top won't 'spark', so I've been using a match to light THEM....what do I do to get the oven to come on? I don't know smack about pilot lights either... ARRGH!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:51:18 PM EDT
I had this happen to me before and I was able to trace it back to a fuse. If you can try tracing it back to power then go from there. There is normally a skematic (sp?)that might help a bit (or not). Sears has a crew that run around and fix stuff like this. They might be the cheapest on the block. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:40:44 PM EDT
Make sure there is power at the wall outlet where it is plugged in and that it is plugged securely. Don't laugh, I've seen it happen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:02:12 PM EDT
what ever you do, DO NOT go looking for a gas leak with a match and/or a lighter! We might just see you on the annual Darwin Awards [:D] Gas is nothing to mess with, seek professional help if you're clueless (cheaper than a new stove AND kitchen! and of course your life and the lives of others.)
Top Top