Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2002 2:02:25 PM EDT
Is it just me?

My brother visited me for a few day, and he thinks in NUTS for always carrying a pistol on my belt at home.

Now that I think of it I usually have a Glock-19 on my belt, or within arms reach at all times. Even in the can! I just feel so helpless while sitting there!

After his comments I feel a little silly...but it hasn't changed my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't and don't feel a need, but I do fondle guns every so often. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If I am awake I am armed. What does an armed man have to be paranoid about?????? [shotgun]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I think that it's not an unreasonable idea to wear a handgun at home to become accustomed to concealed carry outside the home.

Getting "used to" the feeling of having a pistol (or revolver) may help a person to become more comfortable with the gun, the holster, or the feeling of having a gun in the pocket.  Also, allows one to practice a draw.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I always have a firearm (usually my CAR) nearby when at home!

A few years ago I had a guy high walk right in my house,trust me it WONT happen again!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Do not feel silly. If you do then I will and I don't want to feel silly! I carry ALL the time, even at home.
My wife and I have our own business out of our home in a nice office we added to the existing house. We have customers in our office (home) daily, anytime from 9am to 5pm. Our customers are usually very well behaved but occasionally you will get the odd one that is frustrated with you and angry. We also have some people that will come along with the borrowers and I have caught some of them 'casing' our house! I am always prepared to defend my home and family.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, all the time. Always have one within reach. Actually, right now I've got the P-14 on the desk and the MAK-90 leanin' against the wall.

Paranoid??? Who me??[peep]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Wear my .45 or .22 pistol about 70% of the time, depending on what I am doing (.22 when mowing and such for varmits or vermin).  If not on my person, they are close by.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I always do , don't fell sorry . Just one home invasion robbery will change their mind . Adn I'm also in the same situation as Wiggly (imagine that ) and IMHO has a valid training point .
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I keep a Glock within reach at all times...
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I always do when we have an unwanted person
or persons show up, even when I know if someone
calls and coming over to pick something up. You
never can be too safe. Best to have one in ALL
rooms- you just never know.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell yeah. I have a loaded gun on or near me 24/7.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Seecamp in the pocket, something on the belt or shoulder, always. Is that a problem? I'm sure not with you guys, and has not been one in this area.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#13]
At home my glock is always within reach, or on my person. We live in a good neighborhood, but a few blocks down it gets a little shady.  I sometimes see thug's driving down my street to get to their buddies house, and bump'in their stereo's all the way.  Some of them are deceint looking kid's, but a few are hard looking thugs.
I shy away from open carry on my property because I dont want to draw negative attention.  I live in a shall issue state, but I'm surrounded by liberals.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Glock 17 and Olympic Arms M.F.R.....

Scott

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Hell no.

Open carry could increase the chances of domestic violence in my home.

As in my wife getting pissed off and pistol whipping me with my own weapon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't normally carry ON the body in my house, but at least one loaded firearm follows me from one room to another.  Sometimes a long gun, sometimes a pistol, depending on what I currently feel like fondling.  Doesn't cost me anything, and sometime it may come in handy.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Do I 'open carry' at home? No. I'm not [red][i]that[/red][/i] paranoid.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#18]
There's no other way for me to carry at home.  If I try to hook a holster to my underwear, they just fall down.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do I 'open carry' at home? No. I'm not [red][i]that[/red][/i] paranoid.
View Quote

I quote Clint Smith, "What the hell does an armed man have to be paranoid about?"

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Boom Stick:

I shy away from open carry on my property because I dont want to draw negative attention.  I live in a shall issue state, but I'm surrounded by liberals.
View Quote

Let me guess:  You live west of the mountains?  Yes?  

Me too.  Kind of like wading in a septic tank.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Considering the last three times I've called the police, they didn't show-up two of the times and the other time it took them nearly 40 minutes, I carry when I can.  I seem to spend a lot of my free time at neighbor's cutting wood and hauling it up a hill to my house.  When working, I usually end-up too tired to see straight and I don't think I could even defend myself against a 12 year-old girl after doing that for an afternoon.  A couple of times, I've been approached by migrant workers or worse asking for money, and I don't feel very comfortable with that when I can barely keep moving.  Notice I said I carry when I can.  My Kel-Tec has been out of commission since last August, so I've been carrying a knife.  It's better than nothing.  I don't think it's nuts.z
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#23]
On my 160 acres, I almost always have a pistol in a belt or shoulder rig.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope. I do have a loaded handgun but I don't feel the need to carry it around my apartment.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I carry my Glock 27 around but concealed.  In Colorado you are allowed to carry concealed on property you own or are in "control" of.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Let me guess:  You live west of the mountains?  Yes?  

Me too.  Kind of like wading in a septic tank.
View Quote

YUP!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm always packin'...different sizes for whatever I'm wearing from full "hawk gear" down to UDT shorts, combat flip-flops, sunglasses and a light coat of oil....
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't carry at home, but there are 4 loaded pistols, a shotgun and a CAR stashed strategically around the house, I'm not more than 4 steps from one at any time.
My wife thought I was paranoid until there was a guy in our backyard looking through our sliding glass door. He didn't stick around after I pointed the CAR at him and my wife came up next to me with a 12 gauge....
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't carry at home, but I do have the "strategically placed" thing going.  I'm never more than 1 room away from something that will go bang.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#30]
[b]So to all the people in this thread who said they have guns stored in all the rooms or all over the house.wouldnt that create a problem if somone broke into your house,located at least one of them and used it against you when you got home?I alwyas keep all my thunder sticks locked up.when i get in the door i unlock my safe and choose what one i want with me for the rest of the day[/b]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Thunder sticks?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah I wonder how many of these yahoo's don't lock the doors to their house either.

Kinda tough to say you had to shoot someone because they walked into your unlocked house and armed themselves with your gun they found under your couch...........
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I always have it within reach if I'm not actually wearing it.

BTW, Arizona is an open carry STATE..... You can legally carry open anywhere here with no permits ! *(We do have a permit for CCW, though...)
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I usually carry concealed in my home, mainly because I can.  If a solicitor comes to the door, I can answer it without freaking them out and having them call the police.  Also, if somebody I know drops by, I don't have to worry about locking up my gun because I know exactly where it is.  This is especially important if they have kids (I don't).  
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#36]
For some reason I like to wear my .45 when I ride the lawn tractor.  But my nearest neighbor is a 100 yards away and I am outside of town.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#37]
I just ride from room to room in my golf cart, which has twin 50's mounted on the back. Of course it's not a long ride in my one bedroom apartment.

:-)

Seriously though, I don't think carrying anytime is bad idea.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#38]
I carry conceiled aroudn the house or at friends sometimes. Just for practice. I open carry alot. Generally whenever I'm switching rooms or going outside whatever for 10 min or more, I open carry. I don't carry for safty. I'm plenty safe around the house 90% of the time w/out them. I carry becasue I LOVE fondling and playing with my guns! I take a rifle with me to watch T.V.! or my friend and I have our shotguns leaning aganst a chair while we play basketball, in case we see something we need (want) to shoot.

I ALWAYS have a Sig or HK handgun on me when playing the computer! -In case the computer starts to win:D.

Oh, I have all my guns locked up when not in use/being fondled, except my CCW gun and one hidden emergency rifle, which I always have the mag for when it's out of arms reach.

-Justin
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#39]
In my house I am the law.  I'll do what I please with my possessions.  Carry, Conceal.  Hell to be at my place and not see several weapons laying around is an oddity...[NI]

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#40]
While I don't wear it, I keep a firearm pretty handy. One of several is usually ready to roll...

1. AK74
2. HK-PDW
3. Rem870
4. CAR-15
5. M9
6. Hi Power

about the most paranoid thing I've ever done is wall up a Walther PP w/2 mags(Blue Bagged) in the bathroom. Worst case scenario if taken hostage we would probably be herded and locked in there. One punch through flimsy drywall and it's mine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I only CARRY a firearm when I leave my home.
View Quote

Same Here
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#43]
My wife would make fun of me if I did that, I just keep a few guns strategically located around the house, but hidden. I can get to one in a matter of seconds wherever I am.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#44]
steyrAUG, you sir are a god to me.Any one that
sticks a walther into the bathroom wall rules![8D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Carry at home....in the house? Ahhhh....no.

I have no kids, so I can leave a few around, conceled but easy to get to. I have a large rottie and a few good locks on the points of entry. Someone would have to make a major effort to get in, easily allowing time for me to pop several large holes in them.

Of course, if the dog can handle them, then it's his right to do as he pleases. If they're armed, they would be better off to just let my boy work them over, because if anyone harmed my dog, they'd wish they were dead.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#46]

about the most paranoid thing I've ever done is wall up a Walther PP w/2 mags(Blue Bagged) in the bathroom. Worst case scenario if taken hostage we would probably be herded and locked in there. One punch through flimsy drywall and it's mine.
View Quote

Dont know if your kidding or not, but I do that also. hell and I live in apts...!!!!!!!!!!

No big deal cleaning it back up and making it look as good/better that it was.

well worth the 50-60 bucks in materials cost..

geez.. just glad to hear I am not alone...

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My wife would make fun of me if I did that, I just keep a few guns strategically located around the house, but hidden. I can get to one in a matter of seconds wherever I am.
View Quote
Yep I hear ya man my wife would do the same but I do always take one with me when I go out back 5ac. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top