Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2002 1:20:21 PM EDT
Hey, I just had a conversation with a guy... long story but were looking at picture of an ar15 and he asked if I had one of those and I said yes, and he says "Remind me not to break into your house!" I've heard that before from other people too.  I was sitting here thinking about it, and realized, hey, are these people breaking into ANYBODY's houses?  Maybe that's what they do in their spare time, and now they're going to avoid mine.  I think my standard reply from now on will be "Hey, you shouldn't be breaking into anybody's houses, but if you do, yes, you could do a lot better than mine!"
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell him not to break into mine, either.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
While not having any idea what kind of person you had this conversation with, allow me to extrapolate from my own experiences a little.

It could very well be a well-meaning guy who was just otherwise speechless, but thought to himself, "I'd love to have one of those and the skill to put it to use the next time I hear a bump in the night," and spoke from that idea. More in admiration mixed with surprise rather than any evil intent.

I hope so, anyway. Offer to take him shooting and let us know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
An X G-friend made me a coffee mug with little pictures of all my black arms on it. I think the mug was a kit designed to accept a photo of a loved one. Well, this one has many photos of "my loved ones". The individual pistol & rifle pictures are scrambled around like a mosaic.
Once and awhile I take it to the office.
Since the mug is obviously home-made, sometime co-workers eye it…….then I get the question; "are all those guns yours?" and after I nod my head yes, I get the dumb comment:

1) "geez, remind me not to break into your house"
2) "Don’t want to ever piss you off"
3) "Why do you have those?"
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
While not having any idea what kind of person you had this conversation with, allow me to extrapolate from my own experiences a little.

It could very well be a well-meaning guy who was just otherwise speechless, but thought to himself, "I'd love to have one of those and the skill to put it to use the next time I hear a bump in the night," and spoke from that idea. More in admiration mixed with surprise rather than any evil intent.

I hope so, anyway. Offer to take him shooting and let us know how it turns out.
View Quote

Ya they are all good guys. That's what got me to wondering if all these nice people I know where burglers "on the side" [:)].  Last guy is Israeli, born in Haifa.  I'm sure he would have a great time at the range.  He says he doesn't own any guns because he would be afraid his girlfriend would shoot him!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top