Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/30/2002 6:12:57 PM EDT
Discovered this little jewel while surfing on TheRedGoat's thread this evening: [url]http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/pages/stub.html[/url] Every song they ever played, and you can get the lyrics floating over the album covers, and it's just awesome, and I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go there, and you better not let your parents catch you, and there will be hell to pay if they do. [b]Whew![/b] Eric The(Floydada)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:20:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:24:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:50:39 PM EDT
Great Link, Thks
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:51:00 PM EDT
[b][pink]that is a VERY cool website![/pink] thanks! [/b] [:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:58:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: Thanks! A great site. So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
View Quote
Blue skies from pain..... So the Hun is a Floyd fan? Always knew I liked that guy.........
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:01:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:27:37 PM EDT
An old fart stuck-in-the-mud like the Hun likes Floyd? Damn.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:32:47 PM EDT
One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces...[smoke]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:39:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:41:28 PM EDT
Post from sgtstinger -
One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces...
View Quote
Careful with that axe, Eugene! [:D] Eric The(ComfortablyNumb)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:44:22 PM EDT
Whoa, [b]Striker[/b], I didn't even see your last post until after I had replied to [b]sgtstinger[/b]! Great minds think alike, huh? I might have to replace my current sig pic with yours if that's ok? Eric The(Yeah,I'mComfortablyNumb)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:51:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2002 7:53:01 PM EDT by Striker]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:55:26 PM EDT
Post from Redmanfms -
An old fart stuck-in-the-mud like the Hun likes Floyd? Damn.
View Quote
Dagnabbit! You young whippersnappers think you got a lock on everything that's cool? They don't make groups like Pink Floyd anymore! Or Jethro Tull! Or Led Zepplin! Or, Hell, even Alice Cooper! When I was a teenager in Shreveport and we heard that Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, et al., was playing in Albuquerque, we'd drive there. And then catch them in Dallas. And then in New Orleans or Little Rock. [b]Road Trip!!!!!![/b] Eric The(ExtremelyCool)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:00:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Eric The[red](ExtremelyCool)[/red]Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
What the Hell happened?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:08:48 PM EDT
Post from Redmanfms -
What the Hell happened?
View Quote
Age. Only wine, whiskey, and songs get better with age. With humans, everything gets larger, harrier, and closer to the ground.[:D] I had rather have a fool to make me merry than experience to make me sad. - [i][b]As You Like It[/b][/i], Act IV, Scene 1 - W. Shakespeare. Eric The(Foolish)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:34:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2002 8:38:52 PM EDT by gamesniper]
Eric: Thanks a million. Very cool site. Have loved Pink Floyd ever since the first time I heard them. Never go more than a week without listening to some Floyd. Think I first heard them in '71 when my brother's "hippie" friends listened to them. (Well, OK, maybe I wasn't so different from them, except I was a "jock" that loved to party [peep])
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:34:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2002 8:35:31 PM EDT by Benjamin0001]
The 70's didn't have much , but they had some damn good music. Rush Pink Floyd Led Zeppelin Styx And a whole bunch of others, but that is what I enjoy most. I have to say that is perhaps the most creative website that I have ever come across.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:38:16 PM EDT
I was shocked! Shocked, I tell you, that I had never come across it before! It was only due to [b]TheRedGoat's[/b] Pink Floyd riff from this afternoon that made me even go looking! I wonder what else is out there? Eric The(MesmerizedByShinyTrinkets)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:56:48 PM EDT
Hope they tour the the USA again someday....would be nice but I think they are retired :(
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:37:55 PM EDT
By the way, where is [b]TheRedGoat[/b]? Hmmm? Eric The(Quizzical)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:03:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: By the way, where is [b]TheRedGoat[/b]? Hmmm? Eric The(Quizzical)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
COUGH,,,, COUGH,,,, He's here, dude.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:58:20 PM EDT
Thanks Eric. It is now on my favorites. Look up Live at Pompeii at Amazon. You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:05:12 AM EDT
If you guys really want to see a good show, pick up Roger Waters' concert "The Wall - Live in Berlin, 1990" on VHS or CD. Absolutely amazing! Waters performs the original "Wall" concert with the help of The Scorpions, Bryan Adams, Thomas Dolby, The Band, Van Morrisson and two orchestras. My favorite cut from the show has got to be Roger Waters and Van Morrisson performing "Comfortably Numb."
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:18:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: By the way, where is [b]TheRedGoat[/b]? Hmmm? Eric The(Quizzical)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
COUGH,,,, COUGH,,,, He's here, dude.
View Quote
Sorry, got to this thread a little late. Kewl site, btw. It is amazing how many shiny trinkets are out o nteh web. 1gunrunner, pass the dutchie to the left hand side. TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:47:54 PM EDT
"The Wall" came out my freshman year of High School...I've been a 'Floyd-fan ever since. I was at NTC(Ft. Irwin, CA) on a training rotation in Feb. 1995. I took a Walkman and some cassettes to pass the time. My gunner had a Walkman with him, also. He was a 18-year-old hispanic from San Diego. All the tapes he had were Hip-Hop & Rap. Well...he got bored with his stuff about 2 weeks into the month-long exercise. I loaned him my tape of "The Wall"...another Pink Floyd fan was born. After we got back to Ft. Riley, he bought "The Wall" and "Dark Side Of The Moon".
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:55:34 PM EDT
"A Gunners Dream" from 1983... A place to stay "Oi! A real one ..." Enough to eat Somewhere old heroes shuffle safely down the street Where you can speak out loud About your doubts and fears And whats more no one ever disappears You never hear their standard issue kicking in your door. You can relax on both sides of the tracks And maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control And everyone has recourse to the law And no one kills the children anymore. And no one kills the children anymore.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:44:44 PM EDT
Thanx for a great link, Eric.... Scott
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:03:45 PM EDT
No, thank you! [b]DScottHewitt[/b], for your kind comment! We Floydadians, Floydians, Floydites, whatever, must stick together! Or some such poetic mush inserted here. I'll see you on the dark side of the moon. Eric The(IfTheDamBreaksOpenManyYearsTooSoon)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:19:14 PM EDT
Coolest site ever! Now on my bookmarks menu.
Top Top