Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/30/2002 2:53:59 PM EDT
Besides being sick of hearing more and more news on Catholic Priests mollesting boys. Why are they talking about the clergy as if they just broke their vow of no sex. These jokers are not just abusing young boys... they are also involved in homosexuality. I thought this was a sin of sins for the Catholic Church... But the Church protects the homo clergy I guess. This must be an extreme problem or sport for those in the Catholic Church to act this way.. huh?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:58:19 PM EDT
Does homosexuality rate as worse in your mind than child molestation and rape?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:08:57 PM EDT
No... However if you listen to the Catholic Church and what they did to hide these events. You can realize that homos, molestors, and rapists dont rate anything on their scale. More to put on the pile of Catholic Church history I suppose...
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:26:54 PM EDT
I converted to Catholicism about 5 years ago and have (and still do) love the religion and history that it represents, but the news that is coming out now is sickening to me. The fact that this has been going on and the church has gone to such lengths to cover it up and actually protect the rapist priests is IMO disgusting. Even now, the Pope and the Cardinals are reserving defrocking only for those priests who are "repeat offenders" or the most serious cases. What the hell is that....it is OK to fondle a child once or twice but if you continue to do it then we will deal with you? Bullsh*t....these criminals should be treated just as that....a criminal. They should not just be dealt with by the church, but their asses should be put behind bars. After all, pedophilia is a crime. And now like you have pointed out, the church now says that it is OK for Priests to be of "homosexual orientation" as long as they dont carry out on their feelings. The Catholic church had better wake up NOW, or they are going to be their own downfall very quickly. My wife and I have loved being Catholic and looked forward to raising our child as Catholic, but now this makes me question that heavily. I should not have to worry that some "homosexual oriented" priest who went into priesthood in the first place only as a way to hide his shameful desires through celebacy will be fondling my son. They need to clean house now or they will lose an already dwindling congregation.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:36:17 PM EDT
it is not just Catholic's, Those in power protect each other... (that is why they don't want you armed).
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:05:40 PM EDT
It is not just Catholics. [url]http://www.thelinkup.com/crimindex.html[/url] The reason the Catholic Church is getting all the press is 2 reasons. First, the damn cover up by the worthless Cardinals and Bishops that caused hundreds if not thousands of more children to be abused. Part of the reason the Cardinals coveded it up was because they are somewhat embarrased that there are so many homosexuals in the Priesthood. So far, about 96% of the abuse as been commited by homosexuals. Second reason for them getting most of the bad press is simply because their the biggest kid on the block. I have found this rather interesting: [url]www.goodbyegoodmen.com[/url] This also: [url]http://www.rakemag.com/features/detail.asp?catID=46&itemID=297&pg=3[/url] excerpt: "...At this point I have a few questions. Does the idea of wayward priests being policed by journalists and attorneys make you feel better? If so, would you be in favor of a priest using his pulpit to expose the sexual sins of local judges and journalists? I had to take a battery of psychological examinations before being admitted to the seminary. How much psychological testing did John Tierney and Maureen Dowd have to go through before they climbed into their pulpits? Journalism is a relatively young profession, only recently professionalized. This will not make the press think twice about taking on the centuries-old practice of priestly celibacy and pronouncing it “twisted.” Nor will it stop certain journalists from condemning the clergy for not passing on knowledge of crimes to the district attorney, even while claiming that journalists have a sacred right never to be forced to reveal their sources. And one more question. How long will it be before a New York Times columnist condemns Buddhist monks as “twisted?” Last time I checked, the Dalai Llama was not married. But I should give Tierney a chance, because he exhibits an interest in accuracy. In his column of March 22 he corrects some of his earlier statements. He has been in touch with (non-Catholic) Dr. Philip Jenkins, who explains that most incidents of so-called “child abuse” are not cases of pedophilia (sex with the pre-pubescent) but of ephebophilia, or sex with sexually mature minors. This comes two days after Dowd’s column in which she said that the Catholic Church was “subsidizing pedophilia.” Perhaps she will issue a correction and claim that the Church is “subsidizing ephebophilia?” Tierney is honest enough to quote Dr. Jenkins: “The experience of the Catholic Church suggests there will be problems if you send gay scoutmasters on camping trips with teenage boys.” Now we have a problem. When the Boy Scouts of America made it clear that they were going to retain their “no gay scoutmasters” policy, the New York Times censured them severely. Will the New York Times now reverse its editorial position? Will its editors say, “The Boy Scouts are absolutely right not to accept gay scoutmasters. What were we, nuts? The Times regrets the error.” Don’t hold your breath."
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:43:07 PM EDT
Remember, the Church is [b]ours[/b], not [b]theirs[/b]. They are Shepherds of the Church. The Church is US, not them! And I say it's time to take it back! Lock those pedophiles up. Expose & defrock the practicing homosexuals. Demand the excommunication of any of them that preach those sick teachings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:10:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By YellowLab: Even now, the Pope and the Cardinals are reserving defrocking only for those priests who are "repeat offenders" or the most serious cases. What the hell is that....it is OK to fondle a child once or twice but if you continue to do it then we will deal with you?
View Quote
First, the Pope isn't reserving the defrocking for only "repeat offenders." The Pope said "There is no place in the priesthood and religious life for those who would harm the young." The American Cardinals apparently slept through that statement. Secondly, the vast majority of the abuse cases are NOT pedophilia. They are ephebophilia (homosexual abuse of teen boys). Ephebophilia is considered curable in psychiatric circles, while pedophilia is not. Thus the mistaken notion (mistake of trusting shrinks) that a homosexual priest who abuses teens can be treated and returned to a parish. Any case of a priest abusing children should turned over to the local authorities even if the family doesn't want it (which happened in many of the cases that weren't prosecuted. The family refused to cooperate w/ any investigation if the diocese told the DA, due to the publicity it would mean). Let the local authority decide whether or not to prosecute. If they are convicted: wait until they are out of jail, and then deal with whether or not to remove them from the priesthood completely or assign them to an office job where they will have NO contact with children in any capacity. I vote for option 1.
My wife and I have loved being Catholic and looked forward to raising our child as Catholic, but now this makes me question that heavily.
View Quote
Don't jump ship because of this scandal. The Church has had worse scandals in the past, and the Holy Spirit kicks the right people in the butt to get a purification going. He promised that He would remain with us always, and that "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." The purification needs to start in the seminaries by getting rid of most of the academia holdovers from the 60s and 70s that precipitated this mess. Fortunatley, it has already started. Archbishop Justin Rigali of St. Louis fired all but one or two teachers at Kenrick-Glennon seminary when he was installed in that diocese and replaced them. It will just take time for the new batch of seminarians who haven't been corrupted to be ordained. Oh, and don't forget to [b]pray for all priests,[/b] that they will remain faithful to Christ and the vows they took. They were ordained to do God's work, so the evil one is attacking them especially hard.
Top Top