Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2001 1:51:16 AM EDT
Hello all,
 I just moved to L.A. 3 weeks ago and am looking for good rifle ranges. Any suggestion? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 3:31:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on where you live in LA.  There are a few ranges, but it seems like it's always an hour and a half away.  Angeles Ranges, and Lytle Creek, and Prado Olympic Park are the three big ones that I know of, now that Burro Canyon is gone.  Angeles is about 15 minutes west of Pasadena off the 210.  Lytle Creek is off the 15 Freeway, north of the 10 freeway.  Prado Olympic Park is off the 71 (off the 91) in the Corona area.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 3:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Check the Meetings and Gathering forum on this site for a new club getting together.
I`m working on it honest.
[:)]
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 3:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Ranges in LA? I think they are referred in CA. as "schools".
Bad joke...out
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 4:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Angeles range in tijunga,san gabriel gun club in duarte,or lytle creek in devore.I would reccomend angeles range i live in orange county and id rather take the 45-1hr drive to get there.san gabriel is really crowded in the mornings(weekends).
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a range in canyon country off of the 14 freeway called A place to shoot which is about 45 minutes from LA. They have rifle, pistol, rimfire and skeet ranges.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks folks, I'm in the west side. Looks like Angeles is the closest, right?
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
A gunowner on the west side? Wow.

I think Angeles is the closest. www.angelesranges.com

Keep an eye out for the next So. Kali AR15.com gathering!

Link Posted: 3/26/2001 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Angeles is good and there should still be the $2 off internet special.  Print the coupon if interested.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#9]
intheblack -- surprisingly LA county has been spared the school massacre horrors, it seems its always the nice quiet middle class white kids that freak out
-- unless you were referring to the gang problems in LA

the san gabriel range is a nice place, that is off the 210fwy and then on fish canyon road, its packed on sat and sun so get there 30min before opening to get a place, but on weekdays its pretty dead and you dont have a RO looking over your shoulder
they got a seperate trap range, pistol area, 100 yard range and a small 200 yard competition range (but it doesnt look like 200 yards to me)

its worth checking out, go up the 105 to the 605 to the 210 where it ends, make a right on the main blvd until you get into a gravel pit area past the neighborhood and look for fish canyon road on the left, about 1-2 miles from the fwy -- HTH
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#10]
San Gabreil Valley Gun Club
4001 Fish Canyon Rd.
Duarte,CA
626/358-9906
Open daily from 8a-4:45p, except Mon.

They don't allow rapid fire.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]This place has been discussed here and on Ak-47.net[/b] My opinion [b]IT SUCKS[/b]. Have at it.

I went there once because I didn't know any better.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#12]
If you like to rapid fire, Lytle Creek Range is the only one in the area that allows that. Otherwise Angeles will be your best bet. I am strongly against going to San Gabriel Valley. Those guys are jerks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#13]
If you need to function test, you can go to the LAX Range.  It's the only indoor range around here that actually allows rifles and shotguns.

www.laxrange.com
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you like to rapid fire, Lytle Creek Range is the only one in the area that allows that. Otherwise Angeles will be your best bet. I am strongly against going to San Gabriel Valley. Those guys are jerks.
View Quote

Angeles apparently now has a seperate rapid fire area. I haven't checked it out personally, and it's not mentioned on their web site, so I'd call first. 800.499.4486
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, Angeles Range has a Rapid Fire section called Tin Can Alley. It $5 more and you can use it. It is only open on Sundays rightnow.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually, a few other indoor ranges (Firing Line in Huntington Bch, and On-Target down in Mission Viejo) also handle shotguns.  Of course, if you are shooting a pistol caliber (.22, 9mm, etc), then you are in the clear at most indoor ranges (your mileage may vary).

As for an event, I actually run an event for my church down in Irvine, and we go every couple of months to the range.  Mostly for the newbies, but we have a couple ARs (mine is one of them!).  I'm still interested in other events though, as there is nothing like shooting with people who actually understand what a gun really does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top