BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just don't believe that registration does lead to confiscation.
View Quote

Is that you, Albert Isham?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are NFA weapons being confiscated?
View Quote

[b]ALL[/b] guns are being confiscated... one gun-owner at a time.

EXAMPLE:

THE WASHINGTON TIMES - 1/29/2002

One gun owner had a 1983 conviction come back to haunt him.

[red]Maryland State Police seized firearms from Larry L. Dicken's home outside Cumberland in August, even taking with them his hunting rifle.[/red]

In conducting a background check on Mr. Dicken for a handgun purchase, police discovered that he had been involved in a [red]1983[/red] shoving match over a property line. Although it wasn't Mr. Dicken's only conviction — he had been convicted on two assault-and-battery charges and two assault charges between 1980 and 1983 — the shoving incident prompted police to take his guns.

Mr. Dicken acknowledges receiving convictions two decades ago but says he has been on the "straight and narrow" since.

[red]Police confirmed they found no offenses on his record after 1983.[/red]

Gun disqualification laws impose the same penalties on people with vastly different records, police said. The range of offenses that carry sentences of more than two years is broad. Someone guilty of blasphemy or disorderly conduct, for example, would lose the same rights as someone convicted of assault.

[red]Mr. Dicken passed background checks and purchased several handguns before Aug. 24, when state police called saying they needed to visit to verify serial numbers of his guns before they approved his pending purchase.

Two troopers arrived at Mr. Dicken's house in an unmarked car, Mr. Dicken presented the guns, and the troopers told him they had been ordered to seize all his firearms.[/red]
View Quote

So a shoving match 20years ago is now grounds for having ALL your guns confiscated.

What say you now [b]Rickyj[/b] about the "benign" nature of gun licenses and registration lists?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are NFA weapons being confiscated?
View Quote

[b]ALL[/b] guns are being confiscated... one gun-owner at a time.

EXAMPLE:

THE WASHINGTON TIMES - 1/29/2002

One gun owner had a 1983 conviction come back to haunt him.

[red]Maryland State Police seized firearms from Larry L. Dicken's home outside Cumberland in August, even taking with them his hunting rifle.[/red]

In conducting a background check on Mr. Dicken for a handgun purchase, police discovered that he had been involved in a [red]1983[/red] shoving match over a property line. Although it wasn't Mr. Dicken's only conviction — he had been convicted on two assault-and-battery charges and two assault charges between 1980 and 1983 — the shoving incident prompted police to take his guns.

Mr. Dicken acknowledges receiving convictions two decades ago but says he has been on the "straight and narrow" since.

[red]Police confirmed they found no offenses on his record after 1983.[/red]

Gun disqualification laws impose the same penalties on people with vastly different records, police said. The range of offenses that carry sentences of more than two years is broad. Someone guilty of blasphemy or disorderly conduct, for example, would lose the same rights as someone convicted of assault.

[red]Mr. Dicken passed background checks and purchased several handguns before Aug. 24, when state police called saying they needed to visit to verify serial numbers of his guns before they approved his pending purchase.

Two troopers arrived at Mr. Dicken's house in an unmarked car, Mr. Dicken presented the guns, and the troopers told him they had been ordered to seize all his firearms.[/red]
View Quote

So a shoving match 20years ago is now grounds for having ALL your guns confiscated.

What say you now [b]Rickyj[/b] about the "benign" nature of gun licenses and registration lists?
View Quote

Excellent post!!

I knew this and did't think to post it.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What never ceases to amaze me on the whole registration thing is that pro-gunners do not respond to these attacks with a simple comment to the effect of "If I keep a log my serial numbers and my firearms are stolen, I can report them. Where does registration benefit the honest gun owner?"

Rickyj, You can lick the goo out of my ass.
View Quote

I printed out the manufacturer, model and serial number of all the weapons I own (a .38 and a 10/22...lol) in 72 point bold type, then cut each one out and took a digital picture of each weapon with its identifying marker below it.

I have one disk of the pictures, and two friends of mine have copies, just in case.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top