Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 7:57:33 AM EDT
Twelve years ago while clearing a building lot.

Right across the top of my thigh. Can't believe it didn't cut right into the flesh. It jus' grabbed my jeans and ripped into them as I yanked the saw back.

Whew!

This is dedicated to the other "I (did something stupid) to myself today" threads.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Ouch!! Thats enough!! Forget about my asking for chainsaw stories!! That was close enough!!

-T.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Tryin' to keep all these threads close together.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Operating a chainsaw according the U.S. govt Consumer Protection Agency is one of the more hazardous things you can do. The few times that I had to operate one of those things, I get into glove, eye & ear protection, and when I get tired I rest. Most accidents happen when you get tired and let down your guard.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Logging is the 2nd most dangerous occupation in the nation.

If I remember correctly, only operating farm equipment is more dangerous.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Just imagine what might have happened if it had been running at the time!! [shock]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, I have heard stories where people's arms, fingers etc, got ripped off; and killed while operating farm equipment.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn right.  I remember seeing a neighbor kid get kicked completely off of a stump by a cow! Boy never was quite right after that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, I have heard stories where people's arms, fingers etc, got ripped off; and killed while operating farm equipment.
View Quote

I would believe that, a fellow working for my father go ran through a bailer about five years back---pretty nasty
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Remember a couple of years ago when that kid got his arms ripped off by a combine?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]
 "Kissed" my pinky finger with a my 'Sweet 16'.Only got 7 stitches but they did x-ray to make sure I didn't cut anything important. I looked at finger when it happened and continued cutting wood for about 5 minutes hoping that finger would be alright the next time I looked at it-lol.  Also broke the bone leading to that same finger when I 'fell' out of a tree (on a different occasion.)   Know other people who got really messed up  re;broken back...   buddy's boss got killed when saw kicked back and cut his throat. Same buddy almost cut his foot off.  I always wear chaps and a helmet when operating saw..I really believe that helmet saved my life when I was cutting down a garage and the door came down and knocked me in the head...my neck hurt for a week and the corner of the door hit my helmet so all the force would have been concentrated and would have dug into my head for sure.(I got a million of these storys-lol)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top