Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/29/2002 7:57:33 AM EDT
Twelve years ago while clearing a building lot. Right across the top of my thigh. Can't believe it didn't cut right into the flesh. It jus' grabbed my jeans and ripped into them as I yanked the saw back. Whew! This is dedicated to the other "I (did something stupid) to myself today" threads.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:07:04 AM EDT
Ouch!! Thats enough!! Forget about my asking for chainsaw stories!! That was close enough!! -T.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:56:34 AM EDT
Tryin' to keep all these threads close together.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:42:21 AM EDT
Operating a chainsaw according the U.S. govt Consumer Protection Agency is one of the more hazardous things you can do. The few times that I had to operate one of those things, I get into glove, eye & ear protection, and when I get tired I rest. Most accidents happen when you get tired and let down your guard.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:44:44 AM EDT
Logging is the 2nd most dangerous occupation in the nation. If I remember correctly, only operating farm equipment is more dangerous.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:44:58 AM EDT
Just imagine what might have happened if it had been running at the time!! [shock]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:49:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin: Logging is the 2nd most dangerous occupation in the nation. If I remember correctly, only operating farm equipment is more dangerous.
View Quote
Yep, I have heard stories where people's arms, fingers etc, got ripped off; and killed while operating farm equipment.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:50:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin: If I remember correctly, only operating farm equipment is more dangerous.
View Quote
Damn right. I remember seeing a neighbor kid get kicked completely off of a stump by a cow! Boy never was quite right after that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:51:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By warlord:
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin: Logging is the 2nd most dangerous occupation in the nation. If I remember correctly, only operating farm equipment is more dangerous.
View Quote
Yep, I have heard stories where people's arms, fingers etc, got ripped off; and killed while operating farm equipment.
View Quote
I would believe that, a fellow working for my father go ran through a bailer about five years back---pretty nasty
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:54:31 AM EDT
Remember a couple of years ago when that kid got his arms ripped off by a combine?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:01:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2002 11:06:19 AM EDT by 100YARDS]
"Kissed" my pinky finger with a my 'Sweet 16'.Only got 7 stitches but they did x-ray to make sure I didn't cut anything important. I looked at finger when it happened and continued cutting wood for about 5 minutes hoping that finger would be alright the next time I looked at it-lol. Also broke the bone leading to that same finger when I 'fell' out of a tree (on a different occasion.) Know other people who got really messed up re;broken back... buddy's boss got killed when saw kicked back and cut his throat. Same buddy almost cut his foot off. I always wear chaps and a helmet when operating saw..I really believe that helmet saved my life when I was cutting down a garage and the door came down and knocked me in the head...my neck hurt for a week and the corner of the door hit my helmet so all the force would have been concentrated and would have dug into my head for sure.(I got a million of these storys-lol)
Top Top