Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2002 1:34:25 PM EDT
I was rearranging things and ran across my knives. I had an old beat up cheap copy of an airforce knife I carried in the field in the Corps. That and my leatherman were okay. Then I bought a modern K-bar, but it had the emblem on it so I wanted to keep it nice. Then I read about the new cold steel SRK. Ran my hands all over one another guy had (took a while to find a guy with one). Ordered it. It was the best field knife, combined with a leatherman for tool stuff. It was so nice and well balanced and sharp and the perfect length and pretty too. So I didn't take to artic school, or norway, or the field out west on the luke ranges, cause it was so nice and I didn't want to ruin it out there and instead took the old ratty knife. I took it to the woods once down in Lejune (and I mean air wing woods, so it got no use) It is pretty and great and so much better than the ratty old knife I actually carried and I wasted a bunch of money because I couldn't bring myself to ding it up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:47:36 PM EDT
Nothing like nice cold steel! I found an old Black Jack Randall copy in my trunk, brought a smile to my face. It is dinged and mussed up, but a joy to hold and use!
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:51:16 PM EDT
I have an old K-Bar that my uncle gave me. I was his under the truck seat companion since the '50s. You just gotta love old knives.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:56:01 PM EDT
Like knives? Check out the KNIVES forum at our HANDGUNS site! [url]http://handguns.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=45[/url] Tyler
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:07:35 PM EDT
I just bought a Randall to take next time out. It is a lovely knife and hand made to boot, expensive and it needs some field time. I'll never get to stick it in somebody as I am a REMF these days. But, I always wanted a nice knife. I like the old AF issue one but what the heck, putting the first ding in this will be fun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:53:02 PM EDT
My ar15.com crkt sees no use... Except for opening envelopes. It's a sweet blade. I beat the shit outa my delica though. -T.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 4:05:09 PM EDT
Top Top