Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2002 1:34:25 PM EDT
I was rearranging things and ran across my knives.
I had an old beat up cheap copy of an airforce knife I carried in the field in the Corps. That and my leatherman were okay.
Then I bought a modern K-bar, but it had the emblem on it so I wanted to keep it nice.
Then I read about the new cold steel SRK.
Ran my hands all over one another guy had (took a while to find a guy with one).
Ordered it. It was the best field knife, combined with a leatherman for tool stuff.
It was so nice and well balanced and sharp and the perfect length and pretty too.
So I didn't take to artic school, or norway, or the field out west on the luke ranges, cause it was so nice and I didn't want to ruin it out there and instead took the old ratty knife.
I took it to the woods once down in Lejune (and I mean air wing woods, so it got no use)
It is pretty and great and so much better than the ratty old knife I actually carried and I wasted a bunch of money because I couldn't bring myself to ding it up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing like nice cold steel! I found an old Black Jack Randall copy in my trunk, brought a smile to my face. It is dinged and mussed up, but a joy to hold and use!
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an old K-Bar that my uncle gave me.  I was his under the truck seat companion since the '50s.  You just gotta love old knives.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Like knives? Check out the KNIVES forum at our HANDGUNS site!

[url]http://handguns.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=45[/url]

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Randall to take next time out. It is a lovely knife and hand made to boot, expensive and it needs some field time.  I'll never get to stick it in somebody as I am a REMF these days.  But, I always wanted a nice knife.  I like the old AF issue one but what the heck, putting the first ding in this will be fun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
My ar15.com crkt sees no use... Except for opening envelopes. It's a sweet blade. I beat the shit outa my delica though.

-T.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top