Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2002 6:52:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#1]
This surprises you?

There are quite a few AR15.com'ers who are democrats and regulars over there.

Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative--when you factor out the leadership, all those labels pretty much come down to one thing:  American.

Yup. they've got slightly different points of view, and vote for candidates who have planks in their platform we abhor--but that's because their priorities are different.  In the end, they're more like us than some of our more conservative members would care to admit.

And for the record:  The 2000 election (their biggest topic over there) was, in the end, a coin flip.  I honestly believe we'll never truly know who "won," and note that WE would still be screaming the way some of them are if the courts had called Al Gore the winner.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
[i]We'll[/i] kill anyone???????  Obviously, they haven't check Klinton's body count lately.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
how can you read that kind of crap?  i can't even get past the paragraph calling republicans liars, murderers, and bigots.  ugh!  what stupidity.

Zak, i gotta disagree with you.  i don't mind democrats, but i abso-fuckin'-lutely hate liberals.  and rarely do i find one that isn't the other.  there is no comparison between a liberal and a conservative.  i won't even tarnish the title american by even considering that liberals are such.  to my way of thinking, they'll pull this country down and apart just as fast as their little money-grubbing hands and feeble little minds can.  they are as far from the ideals and principles this nation was founded upon as any other group out there.  if they are the measure of an american, i'm ashamed to be one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Fanatics.... I hate fanatics.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 4:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]
heh democratic underground the only site ive had the honor of being banned 5 times from
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 4:52:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, I've not read that much mindless boilerplate in a long time.  "It is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying
nothing."
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Have to agree with AR Lady....I don`t even put this useless crap in my head...these escapees from toonville are just a radical bunch of trouble causers that do not represent the democrat voters of this country.......reminds me of certain radical protest groups of the sixties.....if they didn`t have a war to protest.....they would find another venue.....and if they were so damned correct and effective...why are we suffering the effects of so much toxicity in our envioronment right now?......there`s ALWAYS a cynic...it does`nt matter WHAT the subject is......[dracula]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative--when you factor out the leadership, all those labels pretty much come down to one thing:  American.
View Quote

Sigh.

And this is why the left will eventually win. As a former leftist, I can assure you that leftist viewpoints in mainstream American thought are not simply an artifact of the leadership chosen. They form a parallel culture, countervailing, by design, against non-statist thought. And these ideas are [i]believed[/i] by roughly half the public. The leadership reflects those trends, not the other way around.

The differences in values, goals, and visions are too stark to deny this any longer. Many Americans actually have a significant amount of Marxist leanings, though most aren't able to identify them as such - or worse, foresee their consequences.

Sometimes I wish I'd remained on the left - believing in that garbage, blissfuly ignorant.

I slept a lot better back then.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#11]
After reading all of the replies, I am going to save myself the pain of reading the article.

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sigh.

And this is why the left will eventually win. As a former leftist, I can assure you that leftist viewpoints in mainstream American thought are not simply an artifact of the leadership chosen. They form a parallel culture, countervailing, by design, against non-statist thought. And these ideas are [i]believed[/i] by roughly half the public. The leadership reflects those trends, not the other way around.

The differences in values, goals, and visions are too stark to deny this any longer. Many Americans actually have a significant amount of Marxist leanings, though most aren't able to identify them as such - or worse, foresee their consequences.

Sometimes I wish I'd remained on the left - believing in that garbage, blissfuly ignorant.

I slept a lot better back then.
View Quote
                                               So easy to be a lefty in a peacefull society........what you say is SO true.......that is.....until TSHTF......then it`s....."not me...I`m just the guy behind the tree"............all B/S.........[stick]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top