Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/27/2002 10:03:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:09:23 AM EDT
I'm pretty sure theres an Army manual for it, i saw it somewhere.....??? But personally i don't think there is a "wrong" way, just start light and work to dark.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:11:32 AM EDT
I always put the lighter colour around the deeper parts of the face ie around the eyes and dark around the high parts..ie the nose. This attempts to "blend" all surfaces.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:43:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:48:49 AM EDT
Stormbringer is right. Just remember to hit all areas. You would be surprised how many people spend the time to get everything perfect but neglect to do the inside of their ears or nostrils. You would also be surprised how something as small as the inside of ears stands out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:50:26 AM EDT
To be redundant cause I'm late high-dark and low-light.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:56:54 AM EDT
Use the hunting style paint, the one in a compact and not the one that the military uses in a tube. The way you put in on is have a buddy help you or use a mirror and put the dark colors on the oily parts of you face and use the light colors for the parts of your face that are shadowed, like under you chin. If you really don't want to be seen and need to be camouflage from humans then you need to break up the outline of you head with something like a see thru camouflage netting just put it over your head and let it drape down your shoulders.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 1:38:17 PM EDT
From STP 21-1-SMCT 2. Camouflage your skin: NOTE: Exposed skin reflects light. a. Cover your skin oils, even if you have very dark skin, using paint sticks. Paint sticks cover these oils and provide blending with the background. NOTE: Do not use oils or insect repellant to soften paint sticks. This defeats the purpose of paint sticks by making the skin shiny. Soldiers applying paint would work in pairs because self-application may leave gaps, such as behind the ears. b. Use the following table when applying paint on the face: c. Paint high, shiny areas (forehead, cheekbones, nose, ears, chin) with a dark color. d. Paint low, shadow areas with a light color. e. Paint exposed skin on the back of the neck, arms, and hands with an irregular pattern. CAUTION MUD CONTAINS BACTERIA, SOME OF WHICH IS HARMFUL AND MAY CAUSE DISEASE OR INFECTION. MUD SHOULD BE CONSIDERED LAST AS FIELD EXPEDIENT PAINT. CAUTION: EXPEDIENT PAINT CONTAINING MOTOR OIL SHOULD BE USED WITH EXTREME CAUTION.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 4:12:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:38:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:34:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:16:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/28/2002 1:18:52 PM EDT by DvlDog]
there are no "official" instructions. its up to the individual operator to properly apply the principles of camoflage. you get a class on "cover and concealment" and thats it. the Camo paint used in the Corps is the same you can buy at Wal-Mart its the H&S Camo-Compac. make sure you dont get the useless one with grey and white in it. i think the good one is only 3 or 4 colors. you want to lighten the sunken areas of our face like the eyes, cleft of chin sides of nose. and you want to darken the high points of your face like the brow, nose and point of chin. REMEMBER, CAMOFLAGE IS CONTINUOUS! in a hot environment that stuff needs a touch up every few hours but dont whip out the mirror and make it perfect. too many guys waste too much time on it like a chick getting ready for the prom. slap it on, smear it around and be done with it. dont forget the back of the neck, the insides of the ears and the collar area. have fun getting it off too. since youre just playing i dont suspect youll do this more than once. coming out of the field on friday and having suzy say "eww whats that in your ear" on saturday night is kind of embarrassing. oh and i recomend a soaped up loufa for efficient removal of the camo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:21:13 PM EDT
Why don't you have Tatjana help you?
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:30:31 PM EDT
don't forget to cover the back of that red neck
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:47:16 PM EDT
[url]http://www.realtree.com/patterns/primer.tpl[/url] [url]http://155.217.58.58/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/21-75/Ch1.htm#fig1_16[/url] Concerning the application of camoflauge paint on your face. Once you have throughly covered your face, be sure to smudge all of the colors together with the palm of your hand. The colors should be blended together. There should be not sharp edges where one color starts and one color finshes. When you are finshed your face should look like it has been air-brushed, not painted in detailed with a fine bristle paint brush. Also be sure to paint your hands and wrists. Since these areas often wear away quickly, I usually wear gloves. [url]http://155.217.58.58/rtddltextv.html[/url] You have to be registered to get any locked files here. There is an amazing number of resources avail through this site. (if You are registered) Realist out
Top Top