Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/27/2002 9:32:40 AM EDT
[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-000029972apr27.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dnation%2Dmanual[/url]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:41:19 AM EDT
Everyone thinks that HIV is the curse of God, but that is a negative view. The positive view is that by choosing Christ, you have made a conscious choice not to get AIDS.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:44:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By grimshaw: Everyone thinks that HIV is the curse of God, but that is a negative view. The positive view is that by choosing Christ, you have made a conscious choice not to get AIDS.
View Quote
If you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, that makes you immune to HIV?
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:56:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2002 9:58:19 AM EDT by Steelviper]
A virus that killed instantly wouldn't be a very effective virus. The long dormancy of HIV before it kills makes it the insidious force that it is. Ebola, for example, is a much quicker killer. That's why ebola outbreaks burn out quickly before being able to spread too much. If ebola had a longer (communicable) dormancy period, it'd be much scarier. As for HIV immunity by being a Christian... well that doesn't necessarily follow. Even living a good Christian life (which is what I assume Grimshaw meant by not getting AIDs) you are likely to avoid exposure via promiscuos sex (homosexual or otherwise), sharing needles, etc. However, you can still potentially get it from (amongst other things) your partner (husband/wife), dental work, rape (getting raped), or any other blood-borne or sexually transmitted method. Viper Out
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:56:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By grimshaw: Everyone thinks that HIV is the curse of God, but that is a negative view. The positive view is that by choosing Christ, you have made a conscious choice not to get AIDS.
View Quote
Everyone?
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:01:10 AM EDT
you don't have to be a christian to have the view that it is morally irresponsible to have sex with anything that moves.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:02:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2002 10:06:58 AM EDT by FirearmTom1]
Can he prevent CANCER too. What about car crashes, accidental discharges, kids drownding in pool. I am a religious guy, but come on. Religion is only FAITH...We make our own fate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:03:55 AM EDT
If HIV was an instant killer like ebola it wouldn't be such a big problem as fast killing virus tend to be easier to contain. As for choosing Christ as your Saviour and not getting AIDS, think again. Here you are sitting in church you meet this gorgeous woman you fall in love with. Only problem is she was working the streets before she found God again, she seropositive and doesn't know about it. God doesn't protect you from HIV, using protection and practicing safe sex does and ignorance is the biggest killer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:05:42 AM EDT
"I think what's really surprising people are the numbers," said John Deniger, who owns an auto dealership and sits on the university's foundation board. "One individual supposedly had 70 contacts. I don't think it's normal for anywhere."
View Quote
Maybe Mr. Deniger needs to get out a little more. Say, when is the twenty first century scheduled to arrive there again? [IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/tongue.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:25:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:33:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2002 10:34:57 AM EDT by Kuiper]
One of the reasons I didn't mention bloodtransfusions is due to the fact that all bloodproducts are tested on HIV over here. But there have been HIV infections due to transfusions in the past. Like you said it's rare. Monogamy is fine if you have a steady partner, but if you're single like me you will encounter more than one person over a period in time. Which leaves no other option than to use condoms, if not for STD's than for unwanted pregnancies. Abstinence, I not with the Jedi order are you?[;)]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 11:00:16 AM EDT
THANK GOD, all those heathen haemophiliacs and godless AIDS babies are gonna die. Them foolish mortals shoulda found Christ! I agree they do not die fast enough. We shouldn't even look for a cure. Just go to church and you and your entire family will be safe.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 11:53:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SteyrAUG: THANK GOD, all those heathen haemophiliacs and godless AIDS babies are gonna die. Them foolish mortals shoulda found Christ! I agree they do not die fast enough. We shouldn't even look for a cure. Just go to church and you and your entire family will be safe.
View Quote
Ahh, yes. Couldn't (and probably wouldn't) have said it better myself.
Top Top