Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2002 2:38:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember these from when I was younger.  But I can't figure out from the article if these shoot the yellow plastic BB's or the multi colored discs.  I think the police should use the ones that shoot discs, since you can load them with dimes in an emergency and annoy people up to 3 feet away. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
HK grenade launcher.  Pretty much an M79.

The guys at the WTO riots actually used paintball guns loaded with solid rubber balls instead of paint balls.  Change the pressure specs and those things would hurt something awful.   Actually load paintballs and you could mark the bad guys for easy identification down the line, just make sure the paint is along the lines of bank anti-theft dye.

Editted to add:
The grenade gun also leaves the options open to other munitions including sticky rounds, net rounds, tear gas and other non-lethal rounds.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#4]
They also have OC "paintballs" for riot control available...

Scott

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I Guess they are on that slippery slope now.

Ben
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#6]
This would be the ideal weapon for ATF agents and FBI HRU snipers.  No more incidents like Ruby Ridge. [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top