Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/27/2002 1:54:22 AM EDT
Well I am off this morning to shoot in the Tag Combat match here in NY. The only neg is I am shooting an NCO's issued M-16, unzeroed, no pratice time. We are going to adjust on the fly! LMAO! But I don't care it will be fun, and is my first competition I ever shot in. The best start to my weekend, is yesterday I was able to get my Westchester County permit, and picked up my Kimber Custom Eclipse II finally from the dealer after 4mos!! My H&K will have to be transferred though to FL because an amendment takes 6-8 weeks for the damn purchase coupon needed for the dealer. I am moving in 2 weeks. It will cost me a few bucks with the FFL and shipping but that is ok, at least it will be waiting for me in FL. Woohoo 2 more weeks until sunny warm FL! 60 days and counting until my CCW will be issued from FL! Have a good weekend everyone...
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:20:26 AM EDT
Where is the Tag match? Maybe I'll check it out before work tonight? I'm jealous on the Florida move!
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:30:23 PM EDT
Sorry I missed your message. It is at Camp Smith ( Cortlandt Manor- Westchester near Bear Mountain). We are finished for today, and tommorow might be cancelled out due to the Thunderstorms we are "supposed" to get. I shot ok on the first match 177 out of 220 max. Not bad considering again no practice, unzeroed weapon. First match we had 2 rounds for sighting woohoo!! Anyway excuses excuses. Second match I shot like shit, 137/250 max. I had a hard time hearing the commands with my ear plugs for the combat shoot, and thought I heard 8 shots in each target. It was 8 shots total, 4 in each target, DOH! 8 Rounds wasted. No resupply allowed. I skipped shots on the 200yd section to save for the 100 and under to gain points back. Anyway it was a blast considering it was my first match. The M60's were rockin 'n rollin all day long next range over, much jealousy from us on the M-16s hearing that M60 music all day long!! They had spectators today but they were on the 600yd firing point so binocs would be a must. There will probably be no shooting tommorow based on how the decisions went today, but still we have to be on the range at 0700.
Top Top