Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2002 5:58:44 PM EDT
They asked to pass it around as a warning about this insurance company.
www.scatpack.com/features/cowstory.htm
This guy hit a cow in a 1970 plum crazy challenger, and is still fighting the insurance company for the money. This company apparently waits for people to sue them before they try to pay off claims. They know people can't afford to sue for their money.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Now, which company is that?  I thought they all did that.  And it ain't their hands that they're good with. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Now since I heard GIECO pulled their advertising from Dr. Laura a while back I haven't been real enthusiastic about the idea of doing business with them, but they did me right and I stayed. My experience with them has actualy been good. Once, a former landlords contractor was unloading a bulldozer on a slope and his trailer jumped the chocks and hit a truck I owned. Gieco took two weeks to pay because of foot dragging by the other insurance company but they paid me and collected from them for me and kept the other company from screwing me. The guy I dealt with was cool, the fraud investigator I crossed paths with on other business was a standup guy and overall, the Dr. Laura business is the only negative thing I have to say about them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
GIECO is anti-gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GIECO is anti-gun.
View Quote

Note to self: Add item to to-do list.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I hit a cow once.... in an s10!!! no joke!

i was 19 and i was driving my dads s10 to a friends house. i came over this hill and there were 7 cows in the middle of the road. there was nowhere to go, i was doing about 45 or 50 and plowed righ into the midst of them. i hit one in the head and it spun around and hit the side of the truck, smashed it all up. i came to a stop in the ditch and when i got out the cow got up and walked back through the whole in the fence!!

the farmers insurance paid for the damages with no hassle, lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They know people can't afford to sue for their money.
View Quote
It takes little-to-nothing to file a lawsuit, which, BTW, a plaintiff's attorney would pay the filing fees (assuming there is merit to the case, which there would be, if the insurance company wrongfully failed to pay)
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Completely OT, but thought it was funny:

The following are reputed to be actual statements found on insurance claim forms where car drivers attempted to summarise the details of an accident in the fewest possible words.

Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.

The other car collided with mine without giving me warning of its intention.

I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it.

I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.

A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.

The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve several times before I hit him.

I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother in law and headed over the embankment.

In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.

I had been shopping for a plant all day and was on my way home. As I reached an inter-section a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.

I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.

I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident and damage my big end.

As I approached the intersection a sign appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.

To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I stuck a pedestrian.

My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle.

An invisible car came out of nowhere, stuck my car and vanished.

I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat I found that I had a fractured skull.

I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.

The pedestrian had no idea which direction to run. So I ran over him.

I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.

The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.

I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.

The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out the way when I struck the front end.

The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week.

I knocked over a man, he admitted it was his fault as he'd been knocked over before.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top