Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2002 5:15:48 PM EDT
Upon entering the liquor store a few minutes ago, a very nice looking young lady offered me free Absoute vodka and/or a Bloody Mary(Im sure it was just a sip) . Seems kind of strange that a business owner would even consider something like this with the strict DUI laws. I declined.
Anybody ever heard of this before?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Unheard of.  Still, you're a fool for not taking the free booze.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Candy is dandy but Liquor is quicker! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/boozer.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Almost every Saturday, Sam's Wine & Liquor, Lincoln Park, Chicago, Illinois, has sampling.
Wine-Cognac-Vodka  etc........It is greatest booze store I have ever been in.....about the size of a large super market.

[beer]   [bounce]    [beer]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]
At a few of the trendier clubs in Portland (a relative term I realize), some marketing babes were handing out free Smirnoff (sp?) Ice drinks.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
More than one liqueur store near my house has plastic cups and ice to make your self a drink with the products you just bought.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup! Local liquor store does that here on Friday and Saturday evenings. One of the deli's on the beach has several bottles of wine, a couple of types of cheese, and crackers out on a table to enjoy while shopping or waiting on your sandwich.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, I'm unfamiliar with the liquor store samples. But it's a good idea.

Until recently I had never seen any alchohol samples until I visited a local HyVee (just opened one here in town). I was suprised when I came near the deli secion and there was a friendly lady who asked me if I wanted to sample some wine.

I felt like hanging out there all day.

Good marketing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Dave,

Are you PUI?   Posting Under the Influence?

[:E]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dave,

Are you PUI?   Posting Under the Influence?

[:E]
View Quote

LOL..Yes! Vodka Collins!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unheard of.  Still, you're a fool for not taking the free booze.
View Quote

My wife and I were almost killed by a drunk driver 13 years ago. I do not drink even a SIP and drive.

Now in the comfort of my own home....[:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Vodka Collins...Nice, Crown and a little sprite here.  mmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Upon entering the liquor store a few minutes ago, a very nice looking young lady offered me free Absoute vodka and/or a Bloody Mary(Im sure it was just a sip) . Seems kind of strange that a business owner would even consider something like this with the strict DUI laws. I declined.
Anybody ever heard of this before?
View Quote

Where in League City was this?
GIB
[sniper]
View Quote

Dickinson..(Hills)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top