Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/26/2002 5:15:48 PM EDT
Upon entering the liquor store a few minutes ago, a very nice looking young lady offered me free Absoute vodka and/or a Bloody Mary(Im sure it was just a sip) . Seems kind of strange that a business owner would even consider something like this with the strict DUI laws. I declined. Anybody ever heard of this before?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:46:04 PM EDT
Unheard of. Still, you're a fool for not taking the free booze.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:50:23 PM EDT
Candy is dandy but Liquor is quicker! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/boozer.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:51:20 PM EDT
Almost every Saturday, Sam's Wine & Liquor, Lincoln Park, Chicago, Illinois, has sampling. Wine-Cognac-Vodka etc........It is greatest booze store I have ever been in.....about the size of a large super market. [beer] [bounce] [beer]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:55:38 PM EDT
At a few of the trendier clubs in Portland (a relative term I realize), some marketing babes were handing out free Smirnoff (sp?) Ice drinks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:58:37 PM EDT
More than one liqueur store near my house has plastic cups and ice to make your self a drink with the products you just bought.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:05:22 PM EDT
Yup! Local liquor store does that here on Friday and Saturday evenings. One of the deli's on the beach has several bottles of wine, a couple of types of cheese, and crackers out on a table to enjoy while shopping or waiting on your sandwich.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:23:07 PM EDT
Wow, I'm unfamiliar with the liquor store samples. But it's a good idea. Until recently I had never seen any alchohol samples until I visited a local HyVee (just opened one here in town). I was suprised when I came near the deli secion and there was a friendly lady who asked me if I wanted to sample some wine. I felt like hanging out there all day. Good marketing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:32:44 PM EDT
Dave, Are you PUI? Posting Under the Influence? [:E]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:36:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By I_run_with_scissors: Dave, Are you PUI? Posting Under the Influence? [:E]
View Quote
LOL..Yes! Vodka Collins!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:38:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: Unheard of. Still, you're a fool for not taking the free booze.
View Quote
My wife and I were almost killed by a drunk driver 13 years ago. I do not drink even a SIP and drive. Now in the comfort of my own home....[:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:44:32 PM EDT
Vodka Collins...Nice, Crown and a little sprite here. mmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:47:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:04:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GI_Brat:
Originally Posted By dave223: Upon entering the liquor store a few minutes ago, a very nice looking young lady offered me free Absoute vodka and/or a Bloody Mary(Im sure it was just a sip) . Seems kind of strange that a business owner would even consider something like this with the strict DUI laws. I declined. Anybody ever heard of this before?
View Quote
Where in League City was this? GIB [sniper]
View Quote
Dickinson..(Hills)
Top Top