Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/26/2002 2:53:32 PM EDT
I am back from Thunder Ranch. I took the following classes: Defensive Shotgun General Purpose Rifle All my expectations of the classes were met: Great facility, instructors, classmates & theoretical and practical training. The only drawbacks: Clint Smith was called away to an emergency on the first day off Defensive Shotgun. And I did not use up all the ammunition I brought along. Thanks to all fellow alumni! Your advice and suggestions were vital to my great experience at Thunder Ranch. My 870P from Remington and my M1A Scout from Springfield Armory ran flawlessly. Without any reservation I can recommend Thunder Ranch as a great place to learn. John Feamster and Peter G. Kokalis did a superb job in describing the two classes in their articles: Thunder Ranch’s General Purpose Rifle Course Tactical Shooter - September 1999 (1-860-645-8776) By John Feamster Rolling Thunder – Fighting Shotguns at Thunder Ranch Soldier of Fortune – January 2001 By Peter G. Kokalis To prepare for the classes I read and watched the following: Books: The Defensive Shotgun By Louis Awerbuck The art of the Rifle By Jeff Cooper Articles: Firearms Academies: What to Take/What to Expect By Patrick A. Rogers S.W.A.T. March 2002 Video: The Combat Shotgun With Louis Awerbuck Urban Rifle Thunder Ranch Defensive Shotgun Thunder Ranch
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:01:58 PM EDT
Since you noted the articles above, does that mean we're [b]not[/b] going to get your play-by-play review and commentary on the classes? I hope not! Hook us up, dude.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:05:52 PM EDT
Sounds like you had a blast. I'm heading to TR for their defensive Handgun 1 in June. Any advice?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:27:56 PM EDT
Hi, Friz, Glad you had a good time, and that the article was helpful! If you have a minute, would you mind dropping me a line at: PSWRITERJF@aol.com? Thanks, John Feamster
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:31:17 PM EDT
Congrats, I have taken classes at GunSite. It is some of the most fun you can have.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:34:01 PM EDT
Cool. I'd like to get out to TR as well in the near future. I went down to [b]Blackwater[/b] in Moyock NC last month for a 5 day Carbine(AR15) Urban Tactics Class, maybe we can trade some notes?[heavy]
Top Top