Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2002 2:30:59 PM EDT
I also posted this in Brothers of the Shield:

Just got back from my buddy's Port Authority Police Dept. graduation ceremony at Fairleigh Dickerson University in New Jersey. He transferred from the 63 Precinct(Brooklyn) in the NYPD to JFK airport for the PAPD. The class of 83 recruits was unique in that they all had previous experience in law enforcement as they were hired from other dept.'s, and went through an accelerated 8 week academy. These "new" police officers will be used to releive the current Port Authority officers that continue to work 6 day a week/12 hours a day tours since 9/11/01! Once again congrats to the graduating class...
View Quote

Hopefully I'll be getting in there soon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
outstanding. coming through laguardia last week i saw a PAPD cop in the newstand in what looked like a blue jumpsuit. he had a SWEET 9mm AR strapped across his back. A1 upper with an A1 stock. 3 extra mags in a drop rig on his left leg. nice gig, walking the airport with a 9mm AR
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
outstanding. coming through laguardia last week i saw a PAPD cop in the newstand in what looked like a blue jumpsuit. he had a SWEET 9mm AR strapped across his back. A1 upper with an A1 stock. 3 extra mags in a drop rig on his left leg. nice gig, walking the airport with a 9mm AR
View Quote

and all those cute stewardess...ooops female flight attendants needing attention.[:D]

On a more serious note, I learned that my buddy was [b]NOT[/b] given a brand new firearm, which I thought was standard practice, but a [b]USED[/b] Smith&Wesson 9mm semi-auto pistol. He mentioned to me that they did give him three new LE Mags but he experienced  constant stovepiping and the extractor had to be replaced twice so far. I'm far from an expert but compared to my S&W 9mm I also noticed that his slide was "wobbly" and loose on the rails, a high-milage gun perhaps?...WTF!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
[usa]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats to all of them and good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top