Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/26/2002 9:39:22 AM EDT
At a news conference, just concluded in Crawford, Texas, Pres. Bush was asked what he told Prince Abdullah about the US position with respect to Israel. His answer: 'I told the Prince that we have a unique relationship with Israel.' 'The whole world better understand that we will not sit by and let Israel be crushed.' Check it out! Eric The(NothingButTheTruth,SoHelpMe...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:47:20 AM EDT
Like I said yesterday, I think the Prince of Saudi is now Bush's B*&CH. Ben
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:49:11 AM EDT
Bush: "...we have a unique relationship with Israel." Indeed. [sex]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:50:08 AM EDT
I hope you're right Ben. Otherwise, we need to go over there and kick some Saudi Arabian (Terrorist loving) ass.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:50:47 AM EDT
More oil from Russia!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:50:50 AM EDT
Funny, I don't [u]feel[/u] violated in any sense![:P] Eric The(MaybeI'mJustUsedToIt,Eh?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:56:30 AM EDT
Bush is also a big fan of the UN.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:03:31 AM EDT
I just think that saddamm just got his head served up on a silver platter yesterday. Just a guess. Ben
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:05:12 AM EDT
Post from Jarhead_22 -
Bush is also a big fan of the UN.
View Quote
Well, maybe so, but at least we know where he'd come down in a UN vs Israel match up! Eric The(Withdrawal?That'sSomethingArafat'sOldManS­houldHaveThoughtAbout,72YearsAgo!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:08:12 AM EDT
Can anyone say: A BBQ TEXAS STYLE.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:14:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Well, maybe so, but at least we know where he'd come down in a UN vs Israel match up!
View Quote
Not to continue to beat a dead and decaying horse, but I don't care too much about that particular match-up. I'm concerned where he comes down in a sovereign [b]USA[/b] vs anyone else match-up. Will he get us into another embargo situation over Israel? Don't get me wrong: I'd have loved to see Bush put Abdullah in a figure-four leg lock and tell him to clean up the nest of snakes that is Arabia today. But if Bush can't convince Sharon that the settlements have to be a price of peace, I say write Israel off, too. What's next? The 10th Mountain Division over in the West Bank wearing fucking light blue helmets on "peacekeeping" duty? [:(!]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:27:36 AM EDT
The very last thing that the Israelis would want would be US troops manning a DMZ between the two parties! They would hate it, but would prefer to have UN peace keepers in between them and the Palestinians! They would act as a convenient (and unlamented) trip wire! If you'll recall, it was Egypt's illegal removal of UN peacekeeping forces from the Sinai in May, 1967, that signaled the beginning of the drumbeat right up to the Six Day War in June. So Israel appreciates the Early Warning System! Eric The(Historical)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:32:05 AM EDT
Jarhead_22, A figure four leg lock????? No way, that's too old school. Abdullah is in serious need of a Pedigree!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:34:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/26/2002 10:43:10 AM EDT by Benjamin0001]
Hay Guys, I have been collecting Maps. Here ya goes. [img]http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/israel_rel01.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:47:25 AM EDT
My concern, first, last and always, is what's best for America. Just as Israel's concern, first, last and always, is what's best for Israel. I'm sure Israel doesn't want peacekeepers there. That would tie their hands far more than any inconvenience it would bring to the suicide bombers. The UN wants peacekeepers there. And my concern is this: Is Bush in Annan's pocket enough to pony up American boys for such a stupid idea?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:02:00 AM EDT
There is no need to Pony up our men Jarhead... You will never see an American Operate in Israel in a large scale operatin. You may seem them there at the very end of a Campaign. But not at the start. They might be everywhere Israel Isn't, In fact that is the way that it will look.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:04:26 AM EDT
I doubt Bush even takes Koffi Annan's calls any more![:D] My first concern is for the US, as well. I don't want young Americans getting caught in an old war. This is especially so, since the Israelis are well able to take care of their manpower needs as it is. The Arabs outnumber them 10 to 1. So what? They've whipped their asses every single ding dong time the opportunity has presented itself! Credit it to the citizen-soldier system they've set up, or their extended reservist system, they are not having any problems with the numbers or the quality of its troops. So why would we agree to go there in the first place? I'll go there when the Lord asks me to, not a day before then! Eric The(SurelyNotWhenTheUNSaysTo!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:08:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22: The UN wants peacekeepers there. And my concern is this: Is Bush in Annan's pocket enough to pony up American boys for such a stupid idea?
View Quote
Naww, that won't be necessary, I'm pretty sure there's a way the Germans will contribute with their newly rediscovered military self-esteem. Yes, let's send German soldiers as peacekeepers to Israel, they'd probably volunteer :) [img]http://fcit.coedu.usf.edu/holocaust/gifs/08870.gif[/img] [img]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:09:57 AM EDT
We have a relationship like that of a Hooker and a John for the bargain price of $3 Billion a year. But so long as Eric feels he get's blown properly...
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:14:18 AM EDT
[b]I'm[/b] getting blown? Der Schvantz ist sehr lang, aber nicht so lang! But I'm hopeful someone is getting blown. Somewhere. Eric The(FriendToTheLittleGuy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:20:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: I doubt Bush even takes Koffi Annan's calls any more![:D]
View Quote
I'd like to believe that. What gives you that indication? He and Powell seem like avid fans to me.
I don't want young Americans getting caught in an old war. This is especially so, since the Israelis are well able to take care of their manpower needs as it is. ...snip... So why would we agree to go there in the first place?
View Quote
As I said, my concern is not necessarily that we would go to fight for Israel, but that US troops would be sent as "peacekeepers" by the UN. Bush is something of a UN sycophant, IMHO.
I'll go there when the Lord asks me to, not a day before then!
View Quote
I prefer to make my own travel arrangements, but I'll bet the Lord gives double airmiles.
Top Top