Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2002 9:03:07 AM EDT
I am an avid cyclist.  A fellow cyclist, whom I met last year and rode with on many occasions, crashed last saturday morning while participating in a road ralley.  He has basically been on life support since then, but passed on this morning when he his heart gave up.   Here is a related post that a great many fellow riders have responded to. [url]http://www.dorba.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006704.html[/url]

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh man, this has been a bad week for AR15.com'ers' friends. [:(]

I'm sorry to hear about your friend JFP.  May he R.I.P.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Edited to make the URL hot...

Indeed it has been a very bad week, my prayers and condolences to your friend.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I just read the thread at the link you provided.

It looks like the world just lost another first-class individual.

You have my sympathy, and please extend it to the rest of your cycling community.

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

ARH
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
jfp, i'm an ex-road racer with 27 years of competition in my legs. now, i just train for fun and fitness.

since 1971, i've only witnessed one death resulting from a road crash. i think i know what went thru your mind, as the incident was similar to the one i experienced (fast downhill 90° turn in a master's race). i watched as that pack domino'd into a massive stackup at 35-40mph. everyone went down brutal/hard. one of the leaders simply got pushed out onto the graveled berm and went sailing into a tree...headfirst.

my condolences to al's family. and my comendation to you for doing all you did, at the scene and afterwards.

keep your back low, your rpm's up and ride like the wind!

campy (campagnolo) bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top