Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2002 4:58:59 AM EDT
Interesting incident that I had to share.

A few days ago I was checking out the post regarding firearm photos when a fairly new guy here at my job walks up and sees me scrolling through the photographs (drooling). He comments that those type of guns are only needed in warfare, and I responded that they are needed to secure freedom as well.

Knowing that he recently immigrated from Taiwan I asked him how long he has been a citizen, he responded 2-years. Can you own firearms there? I asked, knowing exactly what the answer was.  Then I reminded him as a citizen he had a duty to protect the Constitution from foreign and domestic threats.

Then it happened, his eyes lit up, a new sense of freedom welled up inside him, and he began questioning me about firearms access (could he rent one to shoot, where, and how much). When he asked, does it kick hard? I had to smile then, knowing that soon he would be joining me at the range, enjoying his new found freedom.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:07:01 AM EDT
[#1]
That was actually very moving...your story was so descriptive I felt like I could actually feel myself being there and observing this all happen...and it made me feel as though maybe, just maybe, everything is going to be alright. (I know it sounds kind of corny but it's true)
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent! That was the way to do it! We need more like you around.
Oddly enough, foreigners are morely to understand the second amendment than americans. Especially the ones that come from places ruled by dictators, or ones that are being threatened by one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Nicely done keltoid!

Quoted:
Oddly enough, foreigners are morely to understand the second amendment than americans. Especially the ones that come from places ruled by dictators, or ones that are being threatened by one.
View Quote

*Ahem*

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=111995[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top