Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2001 7:01:25 PM EDT
O.K. I got to fire my AR-15 for accuracy this weekend and am overjoyed with it.  I shot 2 3/4" 3 shot groups with it off the bench at 100yds.  It doesn't sound like much but that was with surplus SB ammo and iron sights.

I am now thinking, although I love my mini-14 and have added both front and rear sights,   maybe I should sell it and get something else, M4?  My mini shoots honest 2 1/8" 5 shot groups at 100yds.  Should I sell it? What should I ask for it?  It maybe has 400rds though it.
Here is a picture of it.
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1602919&a=12219456&p=44470281[/img]    
guns7.62
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I never sell anything that I own outright. Not even my mini 14 and it doesn't shoot half as good as yours. I'd keep it. You never know when it may come in handy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd keep it.  I have several AR's and 1 Mini, all done up with Butler Creek folder, etc.  You really won't get enough to put towards an M4 to get rid of it.  Besides, it is fun to go shoot every now and then.  It is nowhere near as good as the AR's, but keep it anyway, just for giggles and grins.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Good question.  I am considering selling my AC/556.  I figure I could get about $2500 for it.  I see no need as I have a 16.  I also go by the "never sell it" rule, but I could use the $ to buy a full auto UZI, or some other toys I want.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Take it from someone who just sold his yesterday.  I wound up selling it for $5 less than the Group Purchase rifle costs, but I still wish I had kept it.  The best part is that I have first dibs on it if the guy ever decides to resell it.  Unless you are selling it because you NEED the money to buy another toy, I'd keep it.  I didn't really NEED the money, and that is the part that is bothering me about selling mine.  :^(

Joe
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#6]
No, I don't have to buy another toy, although I would love to have the M4 style to go with my 20" A2.  I'm just so happy with the A2, I don't know if I see myself pulling out the Mini that often.  Although it was my favorite "toy" before the AR-15.
I would use the money to buy the M-4 style, it would be the only way I could afford it.  I think I could get @400 for it around here, maybe a little more.The rifle is post-ban, and I bought it from a friend, cheap, and with only about 50rds through it; and I sighted it in for him! guns7.62
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, you should sell it and then buy one of the AR.com LE rifles. Do it!
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I kept my mini-14 after my first AR purchase. Did a little custom work to my mini, barrel cut to 16" and 4lb trigger. dropped groups to 1.2" at 50 yds. I don't dare try to shoot it to 100 yds out (might be embarasing). Anyway, it gets less attention with the new AR in the safe.
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I kept my mini-14 after my first AR purchase. Did a little custom work to my mini, barrel cut to 16" and 4lb trigger. dropped groups to 1.2" at 50 yds. I don't dare try to shoot it to 100 yds out (might be embarasing). Anyway, it gets less attention with the new AR in the safe.
View Quote

O.K. nerverenuf....so what should I do. Keep it or sell it.  Do you intend on keeping your Mini?
Wouldn't you rather have another AR, or are you kinda hooked on the Mini's looks?  guns7.62
Link Posted: 3/25/2001 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Guns762,  Yes, I do plan on keeping the mini-14, If anything it does have some sentimental value since my wife bought it for my birthday. With the 16" barrel and folding stock it's handy to have around the house for self protection, and yes, it does look kinda cool! I'd say keep yours, you can never have enough guns.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 2:11:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I would keep the mini. I will tell you why. The mini is not as evil as the black rifle to the anti's. Just like the M1A it keeps escaping the anti's attack. For now. If you send it to a company in adessa Texas(look in shotgun news,I forgot the name,accuracy something)They will replace the bbl and make it acurate. The rugers are very reliable, the bbl's stink. After this you will have a handy little rifle. It will be like a small M1A in 223.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 2:12:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry odessa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top