Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/25/2002 4:51:19 PM EDT
Does anyone know of some ways to get a really fast, accurate, and thorough credit report? I have some important business to take care of ASAP, and I need help. Links or suggestions anyone? Thank you in advance! Tyler
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:55:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:02:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:10:38 PM EDT
how does one fix thier credit report , without actually paying all that you owe.?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:45:13 PM EDT
I don't want to be a killjoy, but if you used cash you wouldn't have to worry about stupid credit. If you use credit, you increase the assets of the banking system. If you increase the assets of the banking system, you increase their oppression over you. Do you like being an oppressed slave? DUH! How to legally and lawfully fight the system: Pay off your loans and don't borrow money. Not many people are willing to give up convenience for freedom.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:45:48 PM EDT
I usually get one form Transunion every year. I have found mistakes in the past. One year they had me listed as working for the postal service. Another year they listed a Visa card as an auto loan. Just yesterday I tried to order an online copy of my credit report from both Equifax and Transunion. Equifax said they had an internal computer error and was unable to process my request. Transunion said they could not verify mny identity so they would send me a printed copy in the mail instead. Doesnt make me want to put alot of faith in these companies. But with identity theft as rampant as it is, you got stay on top of your credit report.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:46:54 PM EDT
How do you legally clean up your credit record you ask? By writing letters to the credit reporting agencies disputing bad credit information in your report. They contact the company reporting the bad item, and if they don't respond in 30 days, it is removed from your record. I am buying a house, and I had several itmes removed this way. Chris
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:51:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sparhawk: How do you legally clean up your credit record you ask? By writing letters to the credit reporting agencies disputing bad credit information in your report. They contact the company reporting the bad item, and if they don't respond in 30 days, it is removed from your record. I am buying a house, and I had several itmes removed this way. Chris
View Quote
even if the items are ligit debts? assuming the C/B dont get the info back in 30 days and it is taken off ... do the people you owe cash to go back and relist at a later date? thanks for that info..
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:54:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kingme: I don't want to be a killjoy, but if you used cash you wouldn't have to worry about stupid credit.
View Quote
that's an extremely narrow-minded view of what encompasses your credit report. [rolleyes] first off, there are lots of things that go on your credit report that don't include credit card purchases. need an example? i had my appendix removed in spring of 2000. insurance covered it all. except this one medical billing company seemed to have a hard time getting the claim sent to the insurance company (not to mention that the first time they sent the claim was damn near a year after the surgery!). for some reason, which i still haven't figured out, the insurance company wasn't getting the claim. the medical billing company kept sending me the bill. i told them i wasn't responsible for paying it until the could prove to me that the insurance company was DENYING the claim. we went around like this for months. eventually, the med. billing co. sent a collections notice to me. that would have ended up on my credit report had i not told them they were gonna take it off because it wasn't my failure to pay that resulted in them not getting the money. geez. what an ordeal. but the point is that i didn't use credit for that and it still could have ended up on my credit report. also, any renting you've done in the past will be there. your statement is way too broad to do any good. but i hear your message. avoid paying by credit [b]when[/b] you can.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:36:46 AM EDT
The best way would be to talk to a local loan officer and see if you can convince him or her to run a credit report on you and give you a copy, for the banks fee of course. They can provide you with a triple merge credit report (credit rating from all three credit agencies) which is the most detailed and accurate reporting method available. I used to be a mortgage loan officer and these reports are run on everyone applying for a loan. What these reports don't tell you however, and noone else will either, is all of the things that the credit agencies take into account that can affect your credit rating. Your credit rating basically comes down to a number called a FICO score (Fair Issac method is what they call it) Problem is, this depends on a lot more than your debts and payment history. Included in your FICO score is how much you make (yes they know), your income history, and much much worse, your spending habits. People in the credit industry will deny this, but just as an example, let's say you go to the bar a lot and always charge your tab. The credit agencies know where these charges come from and will actually lower your credit score because you appear to drink a lot and are therefore a greater credit risk. No shitting, they do this, along with lots of other less the acceptable practices. You would be flabbergasted what the credit agencies, experian, trans union, and equifax, know about you and what you buy. This is why I now use cash for everything I can, it's bad enough our government is keeping tabs, but take a look at what the private sector is doing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:01:55 AM EDT
You might actually try contacting your credit card companies....they usually have deals with services regarding credit protection, and they usually will do the 'free credit report'. I just did one with Citibank, and the group can send you a comprehensive package with complete info from all three of the major credit agencies. The only prob is it took over a week and a half to get the reports. As an aside, ten bucks a month, you get a monthly overview of your report, and you are contacted ANY time your credit report is accessed. Not a bad thing in my mind.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:10:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By oneshot1kill: The three national credit reporting bureaus are Experian, TransUnion & Equifax. You can get a quick report from all at this site:[url]http://www.creditreporting.com/index.html?id=0018[/url]
View Quote
oneshot has this deal correct. Tyler, you need to look at all three of the national credit bureaus as information is often different depending on the bureau. If possible ask your bank or whatever lender you plan to use which bureau they clear through and then you can concentrate on that single source. I don't want to overly complicate your simple question but at times there may be a local credit bureau involved as well. When I lived in Sugar Land, Texas this was the case.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:41:16 AM EDT
[url]http://www.eloan.com/s/show/debtmanagement?context=debtman&linksrc=debtmantab&sid=YCoq3B98-yK34ETpNbKkUN4PjsA[/url] Look at the bottom right of the page, under "Improve your credit." You can get either the raw score or the full credit report for free. I don't know which bureau it comes from though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:29:16 PM EDT
Thanks again for all of the advise! [:)] Tyler
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:15:32 PM EDT
email and IM sent.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:33:48 PM EDT
I did get your e-mail wiggy762 - thank you very much indeed! [beer] It's great to have such a good group of friends here! Tyler
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:46:56 PM EDT
I ran a credit check on a lady wanting to rent my house. She was in her 50's and had no trade lines- no bills being sent to her. no CC's, no car loan, nothing! She claims to be retired navy. Could she be hiding a bankruptcy or something bad. She sated she had no CC's and paid cash for her car.
Top Top