Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/24/2002 9:08:20 PM EDT
I want a sks but it is such a pain too get one here in CAlifornia with the 10 day wait hi price and that there is no trigger lock made for this gun so it makes it harder to get here. So can I go to arizona by a CA legal SKS then come back to CA and register it?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:11:43 PM EDT
I highly doubt it. If you go to another state you must abid by all gun laws that apply to the state you live in. Not possitive, but almost 99% sure this is the way it works. Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:12:40 PM EDT
It's against fed. law for them to sell you one, unless it is transfered though a CA FFL. So you will end up with all the same CA BS if you want to do it legally.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:15:04 PM EDT
Just buy from a private party ... legal ? I don't know but hey money talks . And I love shopping for guns when I visit my father in OH .
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:33:57 PM EDT
Just get a C&R license and have any pre '52 SKS shipped to your doorstep. Or, go out of state and buy any other C&R listed firearm of any year(as long as it isn't specifically banned) and bring it back in. Completely legal, even for handguns. Though you have five days to let them know you brought one in. No dros, no wait.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:43:31 AM EDT
So in arizona for C&R's there is no wait and they can sell to out of towners and when I get back to california I can just register it here?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:50:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1911greg: So in arizona for C&R's there is no wait and they can sell to out of towners and when I get back to california I can just register it here?
View Quote
yes as long as u have the C&R liscense
Top Top