Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 6:52:15 PM EDT
After battling the phone company and ISP's I went and bought the package that up and down loads through the antenna(Birds Love It!)I do too.Do any folks out there regret they're purchase or overall are you happy an plan to keep the set up.A back up generator as the power goes out with the weather in Reno next purchase an I believe I am a happy slug.........
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you have and where you is? And is the power around Reno really that bad?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Which one did you get , Directpc from Hughes or Starband from Dishnetwork ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Axel and Mortech,I went with the Hughes gear an yes Axel the power is fickle here.The money was well spent so far.....no more phone dial up chit....ISP flops etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had Direcpc for 2 years and while it's not the best connection you can get it beats the ass off dial-up. If your in the boonies I think we'd all agree it's great for surfin an in my case downloads under 100mb(Direcpc cuts bandwidth after that till late night or the next day)but for online gaming or large downloads forget it. Cables' comin though so hopefully in a couple months i'll be a real happy camper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top