Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/24/2002 5:47:47 PM EDT
Cirque du Soliel all this week on the Bravo channel. This has got to be the best bunch of entertainers on earth next to Peking Opera! Amazing displays of strength, dexterity, and flexibility. Kind of surreal and freaky but always entertaining. Anybody else enjoying on this?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:12:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Pangea: Anybody else enjoying on this?
View Quote
Love it. Never seen anything like it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:14:01 PM EDT
I went to Vegas recently and saw "O", the Circus de Soliel show at the Bellagio. It was absolutely amazing! Worth the $121 a seat. They truly are amazing performers. I'm not a big fan of live theatre, especially CLOWNS, but the entire show was entertaining. FN
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:27:11 PM EDT
I have only ever seen Cirque du Soliel on TV and they are undoubtedly highly talented and great showmen. However, 10 years ago, I took my kids to see the Moscow State Circus (live). For the following week, I was like a babbling idiot extolling the virtues of the raw talent I had witnessed – I hate circuses but the Moscow State Circus was f*cking INCREDIBLE!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:19:26 PM EDT
I've seen two of their different shows. One at Disney World in Florida and the one they recently had in Houston. They have very good shows.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:26:58 PM EDT
Those shows are absolutely amazing, I've seen 2 of them in person and you're almost overloaded by everything that's going on on the stage. The Mrs. and I have been catching it on Bravo this week also. Last night they had this incredible little contortionist in a green leotard doing *insane* stuff. I managed to get in trouble by continually commenting on just how much fun she'd be to have around! [}:D] If you ever get a chance to see a show in person, definitely check it out. Really amazing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:14:38 AM EDT
I have been watching this. It is amazing, entertaining and actually have some funny bits. Some of those people have to be contortionist (not sure of the spelling) in order to move, bend and twist like they do.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:20:12 AM EDT
Got to see these folks live in Costa Mesa CA, about 3 yrs ago. Simply amazing!!!!
Top Top