BCM
User Panel

Page / 329
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:39:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#1]
double tap
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 2:40:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Can not get into 1899.  Hoping Wednesday will get released today on schedule.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Have I ever fallen asleep while watching a TV series: yes.

Have I ever fallen asleep during multiple episodes of a short TV series, made a comment like “it will put you to sleep if you are not careful,” and then claimed I liked the series that put me to sleep for multiple episodes: no.
View Quote

Well bless your heart.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sleevefullofaces:
Started 1899 today.  So far it has a slower pace than Dark but it's showing some promise. I like a slow burn. Ymmv.
View Quote

I'm also watching it. I feel like it has potential.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Wednesday is up today.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Where the Crawdads Sing is atrocious.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By drobs:

Well bless your heart.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drobs:

Have I ever fallen asleep while watching a TV series: yes.

Have I ever fallen asleep during multiple episodes of a short TV series, made a comment like “it will put you to sleep if you are not careful,” and then claimed I liked the series that put me to sleep for multiple episodes: no.

Well bless your heart.

When someone posts something that’s likely never been posted in this 12 year old thread before (saying they like a TV show and then immediately following it with the stark contrast of warning that the TV show “will put you to sleep if you are not careful”) they probably shouldn’t be surprised when multiple people comment on it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sbhaven:
Wednesday is up today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q73UhUTs6y0
View Quote

This is a really good show. 2 EPs in and we really like it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HogJaws:
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

View All Quotes
Wednesday is up today.

But did it also put you to sleep?  
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By M4A87:

View All Quotes
Wednesday is up today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Nope, not that guy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m about to cancel Netflix for the first time in a decade.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Series are way better than movies today.
Especially Euro/UK series.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I watched Extraction the other day, it was entertaining.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#16]
On episode 8 of 1899 , didn't really pull me in until episode 5 though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I like Wednesday.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:11:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#18]
I just finished up 1899 and I don't have much good to say about it.

Episode one starts off with enough diversity quotas met to do a re-make of The Magic School Bus

By Episode 3 you have your first gay sex scene

By Episode 4 you already know what the huge plot twist is going to be in the Season Finale

Slow script and weak writing. They could have done a lot with this series and instead it's just a big "Meh" the whole way through

Production quality was solid, and the trailer looked really good. This was a let down
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:36:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Wednesday was better than I thought it'd be.  I think even Stevie Wonder could've seen that "big twist" at the end coming from mid-season, but it was still entertaining.  The series had some questionable casting, but the casting for Wednesday herself was good.  Still not as good as Christina Ricci though.

I also liked the instrumental covers.  Especially "Paint it Black" and "Nothing Else Matters."
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#20]
All Quiet on the Western Front is really good.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:17:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Wednesday was better than I thought it'd be.  I think even Stevie Wonder could've seen that "big twist" at the end coming from mid-season, but it was still entertaining.  The series had some questionable casting, but the casting for Wednesday herself was good.  Still not as good as Christina Ricci though.

I also liked the instrumental covers.  Especially "Paint it Black" and "Nothing Else Matters."
View Quote

Agreed those were great.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:32:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Where the Crawdads Sing and Mr. Harrigan's Phone are both pretty good, and suitable for younger kids.

The Stranger with Joel Edgerton is an interesting film, but I had to watch the entire thing in subtitles...accents and mumbling make understanding the dialogue difficult, but still worth watching.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Not enough cgi? I thought it was solid.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
I just finished up 1899 and I don't have much good to say about it.

Episode one starts off with enough diversity quotas met to do a re-make of The Magic School Bus

By Episode 3 you have your first gay sex scene

By Episode 4 you already know what the huge plot twist is going to be in the Season Finale

Slow script and weak writing. They could have done a lot with this series and instead it's just a big "Meh" the whole way through

Production quality was solid, and the trailer looked really good. This was a let down
View Quote

This is my take as well.  Show tried to be smart but was actually pretty shallow.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:26:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I just finished episode 5. This is one of the better shows I've watched in the last year. This is from the producers of DARK, which I found excellent.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:28:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By captexas:
I watched Extraction the other day, it was entertaining.
View Quote

Yep.  I enjoyed it for what it was.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:30:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Not a movie but "Million Pound Menu" is decent enough
entertainment.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Inside Job part 2 dropped today.
View Quote
Nowhere near as good as season 1
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Netflix’s heist series Kaleidoscope can be watched in any order

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/22/23473254/netflix-kaleidoscope-non-linear-crime-series-trailer-date

There are a lot of crime shows on Netflix, but the upcoming series Kaleidoscope offers something a little different: the option to watch in whatever order you want. The nonlinear series is a heist drama that stars Giancarlo Esposito, Paz Vega, and Tati Gabrielle and is loosely based on a true story. Here’s the basic setup:

Spanning 25 years, Kaleidoscope is an all-new anthology series following a crew of masterful thieves and their attempt to crack a seemingly unbreakable vault for the biggest payday in history. Guarded by the world’s most powerful corporate security team, and with law enforcement on the case, every episode reveals a piece of an elaborate puzzle of corruption, greed, vengeance, scheming, loyalties and betrayals. How did the crew of thieves plan it? Who gets away with it? Who can be trusted?

More interesting than the premise, though, is the way the episodes will be presented. The show is structured so that you can watch them in any order, but doing so will likely create different perspectives as you attempt to solve the mystery. (In a nice touch, all of the episodes are named after colors like “Blue” or “Violet,” culminating in a finale called “White.”)
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#30]
Got dragged to a theater the other day to see Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery. Drops on Netflix on December 23rd. Wasn't a bad movie for what it was even though it drags a bit at 2 hours and 19 minutes long. Some in the party I was with didn't like it, others did.

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery | Official Trailer | Netflix

Edit to add: Also Enola Holmes and Enola Holmes 2 were both good light hearted movies. Was rather surprised that I found both enjoyable to watch.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Troll dropped today.

TROLL | Official Trailer | Netflix

A bit more on Kaleidoscope.

Building KALEIDOSCOPE | A Non-Linear Streaming Experience | Netflix
Building KALEIDOSCOPE | A Non-Linear Streaming Experience | Netflix
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't care for Addams Family, but I really liked Wednesday. But Wednesday has been criticisized by the "woke"
Netflix’s Wednesday has IDIOTS calling for black people to be FIRED! Not ALLOWED to play villains!
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:13:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JA_Magnum] [#33]
Originally Posted By another_shooter:
I don't care for Addams Family, but I really liked Wednesday. But Wednesday has been criticisized by the "woke"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHCIzY9LfeQ
View Quote

Lol. My kids actually pointed that out. They were like "The mean girl and corrupt sheriff are black? How did they get away with that?" They're pretty based, as of now.

To the posters above that preferred Christina Ricci, did you notice that she's actually in this one?

ETA: My kids are based. Not NF.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

View Quote

Great right up to the impossible ending...won't spoil it...
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By another_shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHCIzY9LfeQ
View Quote

We really liked it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Warriors of Future dropped today.

Warriors of Future | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

My 8 year old son and I enjoyed it.

Agreed on the instrumental covers.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Felt like a cheesy young adult novel for girls but the final scene redeemed it a bit.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Felt like a cheesy young adult novel for girls but the final scene redeemed it a bit.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

It kind of did, but not too much.   and yes it certainly did.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Warriors of Future dropped today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVHo6OmSpFs
View Quote

I'll be watching that tonight!
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Finished 1899 last night. I enjoyed it.

I then watched the Making of 1899 and learned I should've left the English dubbing off. It's a truly international cast with members speaking their own languages (w/ subtitles) throughout the series. That Volume technology they used for the horizon shots is interesting. No more green screen and no more filming on location.

https://techcrunch.com/2022/02/10/dark-bay-1899-virtual-production/
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Quintessential girl flick with all of the pieces: Whiny flaky boyfriend doesn't know what he lost, a-hole guy she never really liked but led on anyway wastes his time trying to win her over and she's completely omg shocked when he realizes he's a runner-up, artistic and fun girl who's unjustly misunderstood by EVERYONE yet holds a deep, dark secret. Spoiler alert: She killed the dude and lied about it the whole time. And THAT.... takes over 2hrs. It just goes on and on and on and on and on.......

I watched it with my wife. I could tell it was a girl movie from the get-go and about an hour in, even she said "babe why are we watching this?". But she loved Oblivion.

I'm sure this is one of those cases where "the book was better". It has to be.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 3:21:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stonia] [#43]
Watched Cyberpunk: Edgerunners and thought it was really good until the last few episodes. I'm a big fan of the game, and they did a good job of capturing the experience. Episodes 1-6 were really good, 7-10 seemed to be a really different vibe, that I felt was a little too over-the-top.  I'd say 6.5/10.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Watched Bullet Train last night. Pretty entertaining.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone watch Troll yet and can give their opinion? I was mildly interested, but then I saw critics loved it and audiences disliked it which, IME, is never a good sign.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone watch Troll yet and can give their opinion? I was mildly interested, but then I saw critics loved it and audiences disliked it which, IME, is never a good sign.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/9C127292-FA00-4588-92B3-E296BBD818A4_jpe-2625251.JPG
View Quote

I watched with the kids this weekend. Akin to the 2-headed shark, anaconda type flick on weekend tbs. That said, good effects and cinematography.  Dubbing wasn't awful. Story was dumb.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 8:58:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#47]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/9C127292-FA00-4588-92B3-E296BBD818A4_jpe-2625251.JPG
View Quote

I watched it.

I'll start off with saying there are definetly parts which are pretty redeemable but it has a very heavy "kick ass girl boss" vibe to it which (for me personally) is hard to get over.

The other thing that really bugged me is that they get the troll on film. . . early on. . . multiple times. . .  doing troll shit, like to the point where it's clearly a troll or a giant or what have you. Yet at the same time there's this separate dialogue (which almost seems filmed out of place) where the woman scientist is having to overcome the dumb Gov males in the room whom apparently attack her at every opportunity because she's trying to point out that the troll is a troll.

This narrative made sense at the begging but when they do the same spiel at the end of the movie you just kind of wonder if they filmed the scenes out of place or they really just want to stress how dumb white men are and can't help themselves

High level; it has cool scenery and the troll CGI is well done but there's no real substance to it. A good movie to have on in the background while you're doing something else

Just my take btw. The SJW stuff bugs me more than your average GD'er

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#48]

I watched it.

I'll start off with saying there are definetly parts which are pretty redeemable but it has a very heavy "kick ass girl boss" vibe to it which (for me personally) is hard to get over.

The other thing that really bugged me is that they get the troll on film. . . early on. . . multiple times. . .  doing troll shit, like to the point where it's clearly a troll or a giant or what have you. Yet at the same time there's this separate dialogue (which almost seems filmed out of place) where the woman scientist is having to overcome the dumb Gov males in the room whom apparently attack her at every opportunity because she's trying to point out that the troll is a troll.

This narrative made sense at the begging but when they do the same spiel at the end of the movie you just kind of wonder if they filmed the scenes out of place or they really just want to stress how dumb white men are and can't help themselves

High level; it has cool scenery and the troll CGI is well done but there's no real substance to it. A good movie to have on in the background while you're doing something else

View All Quotes

I watched it.

I watched it as well.  I cannot disagree with the above.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 1:58:25 AM EDT
[#49]
1899 was Ok.  I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5.  The last scene of of the season was something unexpected.  I understand two more seasons are coming.

30 minutes into Troll and it's still good.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 3:09:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
Watched Bullet Train last night. Pretty entertaining.
View Quote
Pitt was a hoot.
Did you notice the romance novel that Channing Tatum was reading?
Good silly fun.
Page / 329
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top