User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 3:10:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I just sent off an email to her, and I urge everyone else to do so.

These are the type of people who are responsible for making Chicago the "Murder capital of the world." by taking guns out of the hands of RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS.

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll e-mail away!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Heres my completely ficticous letter:

"Hi Cindy,

We live IN NY, and while we (my family and I)  beleived pretty much as you do, we had our minds changed last week.  Our yougest daughter was raped at knife point by a man who broke into her home in the middle of the night.  She survived, (thank God!) but is living with the fear of AID's and other sexually transmitted diseases right now, the doctors say that she has a pretty good chance from the looks of all the tests.

What changed our mind was this, the rapist had broken into the house next door, while he was making his way up the stairs, the homeowner (a 68 year old widow) confronted him with a gun, she told the police that he took one look and turned tail and ran.  He ran to where my daughter was, and her being the good girl, the girl who followed the law, was raped and beaten pretty badly.

Today my husband and I both applied for concealed weapons permits, and you can bet your life that we will be defending ourselves now.  

There were lots of police right next door as my daughter was being raped, they were giving the 68 year old widow a bit of heat over her having her husbands military firearm.  I guess they felt it was unsafe for her to have it, I know for a fact that the rapist thought so also.

Hope you don't have a change of heart like we did, but I do hope that you come to your senses.

With all best regards,

Lucy Marcy"

Don't use it, but being flooded with letters like these might cause her to lose some sleep.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the laugh, hielo.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#9]
We do what we can.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Just fired mine off.  I tried the polite approach but really gave it to her for the military crack.  Probably a useless effort, but I had to contribute to the ton of email she will no doubt get.  Someone should send her a pile of jpegs and totally clog her box.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Done
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I, as usual, took the cynical route. Does my utter contempt for this person and her ignorance show?

Dear Cindy,
I realize that the lives of single, unwed inner city mothers and their children are totally insignificant to you. I mean, Who cares about a bunch of poor, useless people who don't have the good sense not to live in a private, gated community with security guards, miles away from downtown? Hell, a person could get KILLED in the city, it's their own fault for having the bad judgement to live there, right? Just who the hell are those commoners to think that THEY know what's best for their families, or that they are intelligent and responsible enough to own and carry a firearm? How dare they take the responsibilty for their protection from the predators of this society out of the hands of those that are obviously smarter? How could they possibly think that dealing with the predator in the only terms they understand and at the point of contact is better than phoning 911 and hoping that there is enough DNA or dental evidence left that they can positively ID their body or that of a loved one? How DARE they not die like good little sheep? I swear, the unwashed masses can be such a pain in the ass, thinking that their lives and the lives of their children are important enough to defend. The audacity of some people. Can't they see how well gun control is working?
Sincerely,
Pit
Thankfully NOT from Chicago
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I, as usual, took the cynical route. Does my utter contempt for this person and her ignorance show?

Dear Cindy,
I realize that the lives of single, unwed inner city mothers and their children are totally insignificant to you. I mean, Who cares about a bunch of poor, useless people who don't have the good sense not to live in a private, gated community with security guards, miles away from downtown? Hell, a person could get KILLED in the city, it's their own fault for having the bad judgement to live there, right? Just who the hell are those commoners to think that THEY know what's best for their families, or that they are intelligent and responsible enough to own and carry a firearm? How dare they take the responsibilty for their protection from the predators of this society out of the hands of those that are obviously smarter? How could they possibly think that dealing with the predator in the only terms they understand and at the point of contact is better than phoning 911 and hoping that there is enough DNA or dental evidence left that they can positively ID their body or that of a loved one? How DARE they not die like good little sheep? I swear, the unwashed masses can be such a pain in the ass, thinking that their lives and the lives of their children are important enough to defend. The audacity of some people. Can't they see how well gun control is working?
Sincerely,
Pit
Thankfully NOT from Chicago
View Quote

WOW! I actually got a reply, inane and stupid as it were:

Cindy Richards [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 5:11 PM
To: Pit
Subject: Re: You deserve some Kudos

It seems to me that under your logic, the inner cities should be among the
safest places in America, since, one assumes, there are lots of folks
packing guns (legal or not).
I'm afraid we'll simply have to agree to disagree. But thanks for writing.
Cindy Richards

My Thoughtful (hehe) Reply:
Safest for the Criminals, yes. They don't give shit about namby-pamby gunlaws or any other laws for that matter.
Utter hell on those that try to stay within the confines of the law, however...they do care about the law, and often end up dying for it.  But since they aren't really important people, like celebrites or Democrats or even writers or something, I didn't expect you to have any sympathy for them, either.
One day, hopefully, someone on your side will wake up with a sudden burst of logic and common sense. I'm not hopeful, but stranger things have happened.
I will give you props for writing back. Most of the time, I don't even get that common courtesy from one of the liberal elite. I'm truly touched.
Pit
Thankfully STILL not from Chitcago.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I just e-mailed her gave some strong words esspicially about her telling people to lie and her sons in the military. Its people like this that can really piss a person off.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I emailed her this I hate these liberal bastards

Yeah you know I would really want to fallow a cause that you have to lie to prove your point.  Do you have any hard evidence that can prove that the concealment of firearms is damaging to society?  No, you do not.  

First off you live in Chicago and here gunshots out your windows, though this is probably also a lie, I would think that you would want to carry a firearm.  Do you really believe that the guns you here at night were actually legally purchased? Once again, No.  People who buy their guns legally don’t break the law with them.  The criminals are always going to carry firearms weather its legal or not, they don’t care hence their “criminals”.  Do you think that every time you’re in trouble the police are going to step out and shoot the bad guys for you?  

At first I get pissed when I have stupid people such as yourself but then I just laugh at what you’re trying to prove.  I bet you would like to know that a few of your fellow gun activists once consisted of Hitler and Stalin.  Just to let you know they were dictators who killed their  UN ARMED people.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Frawley,No flame,and I almost hate to do this but,correct spelling goes a long way to the media elite to not look at us and blow us off as nuts,sorry.

Yeah you know I would really want to f[B]o[/B]llow a cause that you have to lie to prove your point. Do you have any hard evidence that can prove that the concealment of firearms is damaging to society? No, you do not.

First off you live in Chicago and h[B]ear[/B] gunshots out your windows, though this is probably also a lie, I would think that you would want to carry a firearm. Do you really believe that the guns you h[B]ear[/B] at night were actually legally purchased? Once again, No. People who buy their guns legally don’t break the law with them. The criminals are always going to carry firearms wether its legal or not, they don’t care, hence their “criminals”. Do you think that every time you’re in trouble the police are going to step out and shoot the bad guys for you?

At first I get pissed when I have stupid people such as yourself, but then ,I just laugh at what you’re trying to prove. I bet you would like to know that a few of your fellow gun activists once consisted of Hitler and Stalin. Just to let you know they were dictators who killed their UN-ARMED people.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#19]
This is what I e-mailed to the paper and I also e-mailed something very similar to her.  

It is sad to see blatant lies posted in a newspaper. Cindy Richards is attenpting to make everyone believe that guns are bad, but that criminals are not responsible for their actions.  Anyone with an I.Q. over 60 can look at the facts and see that in every state where concealed carry has been establised that crime has gone down. EVERY TIME... Cindy, as an american has a right to not own guns and I would never wish that to be otherwise. I on the other hand have the right to own guns, not only to hunt with but to protect myself from those in this society who would do me harm. I own guns to protect my self, and my family from criminals and from the possibility of government intrusion into my life. You might be happy with a communist society where the lazy individuals of society are given everything by taking it from those of us who work for a living. But I enjoy my money, and do not like giving it away to drug addicts and the other pathetic members of sosiety. Cindy needs a lesson is the Constitution of the United States Of America. The freedoms of speech and press upon which she makes her living only exist because people have guns. I guarantee that if I loose my rights to gun ownership, that soon thereafter we will all loose our right to speak freely. A government loves to disarm its people so that they can do whatever they wish without retribution. That is the exact process taken by both Stalin and Hitler. Read history, and Learn History, or Repeat History.

Sincerely,
Richard Braun

P.S. Her making comments about people who choose to serve in the military shows a level of ignorance for what has made this country what it is, and the forces that fight for your freedoms still today.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#20]
My email to Cindy:

"Hello Cindy;

It's time for all good, law abiding, freedom-loving citizens to rebuke the Bigotry that people spread who hate guns and gun owners.

Anti rights gun-owner haters like yourself would gladly subject innocent people to defenselessness. This is an elitist attitude. People that have an irrational and morbid fear of guns and who are ignorant towards gun-owners and gun rights organizations exhibit the same type of hate that is also seen with racial bigotry.

I express outrage at the slurs you direct toward gun owners and people that serve in the military.

Sincerely;"
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Here's mine to the brainless lady:

Dear Cindy,

I agree that we should get guns off the street.  I mean, why would I possibly want to have the ability to defend myself against criminals who wish to do me or my family harm?  Why would I want to be able to stand up to criminals when I can just give in and give them what they want to take like the police say I should do?  Take my money and spend it as you please, take my wife and do with her what you please, take my son and do with him what you please.  Why would anybody want a terrible, evil gun to defend themselves when they can just give up everything they love and care about to the criminal, just like the police say they should do while they wait ten minutes or more for those very same police to arrive.

Wake the heck up.  We don't live in a nice utopian society where everybody respects everybody else, and no matter how much you try and legislate to such and end, you cannot succeed.  We live in a world where there are good people and bad people, and the bad people will do whatever they need to the good people to get what they want.  The only hope the good people have is to cling to our right to protect ourselves, our family and our livelyhood, because if we depend on others to do it when such unfortunate circumstances come, we will die.  If you are willing to give up your spouse and your children because you have some irrational fear of an inanimate object, that is your unfortunate choice.  But thanks to my choice, my wife and my son will live secure in their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Please don't fight to take that away from my family.

Michael DePolis
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Count my message in as well.  Although I did put in a little word to my Second Amendment rights, most of my letter expressed offense in her equation gun owner = criminal, military service = gun use = criminal.

Typical media chum.  Bite the hand that frees them.  I enjoyed reminding her that their finger full of trigger did more for freedom than any handfull of pen.

Keep the letters moving, guys.  Write often.  Be heard.

-Ed
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Shots fired!!!

[:)>]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I sent mine.
At one point I invited her to go target shooting and implied that if she's never been she may even like it.......I'm sure that's going to happen....hey but you never know.  You know what they say...... what's the best way to get rid of your enemies?(without killing them)  Make them your friends.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I wrote her and she replied.

Here's how I started, not thinking I'd get a reply:
Concealed carry works to prevent crime, not cause it.  It has been a
resounding success in every state where adopted.  Criminals are the ones
doing crime with guns, not lawful permit holders.  Indeed, the prevalence of
legal gun carriers is a deterrent to crime (backed-up with solid research by the way).  I'd be willing to bet that if you were being raped or beaten,you'd prefer to have a gun rather than wait until the police arrived, if
ever.  YOU are responsible for you own safety, not any other person or
entity.  The sooner you realize that the better.

By the way, you had better show some respect for the those in the military whom had the guts to protect your sorry behind from the enemy while you were sitting at home eating bon-bons and figuring out how to undermine the country.

Cindy replied:
If carrying a concealed weapon equals safety, why isn't the inner city the
safest place in America?
Thanks for taking the time to write.
Cindy Richards

Next page please...

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#26]
To which I figured I'd better come up with something good so...

Well, your postulate seems to be that the "inner-city" has a large number people whom carry concealed.  (Or that more guns should=less crime, but that's too simplistic, below is the real explanation).    

Yet, those people whom carry in the inner cities are doing do illegally; most large cities do not permit legal concealed carry.  These are the people who would carry regardless of concealed carry laws; they are criminals.  They are the people doing the crimes. Therefore, the simple statement that the inner city should be safe is based upon the false premise that those people carrying in the inner-cities are law abiding citizens.  Yet, law abiding citizens fear imprisonment and the vast majority will not carry illegally, even though that may prove the safest measure, for fear of jail time. Therefore, the inner-cities may not be the safest, even though (as you postulate) there exists a high proportion people carrying concealed.

(I would, however, submit that the actual percentage of people carrying concealed in the inner cities is in reality quite low; see my statements below about legal carry.  In other words, an inordinate amount of crime is committed by a small number of armed criminals.  Or, put another way, a very small amount of people are doing the large majority of the crime; this happens to be borne out by FBI recidivism statistics.  This leads to the false impression that the streets are awash in guns.  I, among others, believe this is false.  What it means is simply this: that the cities with the highest violent crime rates have the most violent criminals, not the most guns.)  

Now, let the law abiding citizens carry legally, and you see a crime drop.  It's happened in Florida and every other state where right to carry laws have been enacted.

Look, guns are a tool.  In the hands of the responsible with purpose for good, they are of great benefit to society.  That is absolutely irrefutable (try to do so, and you may think about still being a subject of the King, or seeing the Nazi party in control of Europe, et. cetera).  Guns may also be used for great evil (see my above examples).  Eliminating the tool will not eliminate the behavior.  Murder, on great scale, occurred before the advent of firearms.  Even in modern times, large scale murder has occurred without the use of firearms (remember the machetes in Rwanda, or how about 757s hitting towers?).  Yet, with respect to the two cited examples, a few firearms in the hands of righteous people (read regular citizens and pilots) and these tragedies would have been averted.  After 9/11, do you still think it can't happen to you?

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Cont'd from above:

Nothing can stop criminals, madmen, and losers with murderous intent from attempting to do harm to the innocent.  However, I choose to let the innocent have the most efficient means of self-defense available;  a personal weapon.  It is the responsibility of each and every individual to do right; and they must suffer (legal, moral or gun barrel consequences depending on the situation) should they do wrong.  Moreover, it is the individual responsibility of each individual to protect themselves from those whom would do them harm.  (This discussion includes government, remember "Ruby Ridge"—even the government admitted to wrong there).  I will not let anyone stand in the way of my ability to protect myself and my loved ones.  I won't leave it up to the police, the military, George Bush, Al Gore, my mother, my wife, or Cindy Richards.  

Good Day
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#28]
You wont change the split tails mind so I am rude out the gate. Here is my first, her reply and my response.

I could have just called you a dumb cunt.
Kent

Cindy Richards wrote:

> Gee, I always appreciate such thoughtful responses to my columns.
> Cindy Richards
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kent" <" res0k384"@verizon.net>
> To: ; ;
>
> Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 4:19 AM
> Subject: Gun giveaway
>
> > Cindy, as Dan Ackroyd used to say, your an ignorant slut.
> > Kent
> >
> >

Read from  bottem to top please. I have no time to make nice with those who would enslave the rest of us. Fuck her, I hope she is gang raped and left for dead.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:07:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I sent her a nice note thanking her on behalf of Bessie Jones, the elderly wheelchair-bound black widow who used her (deceased) husband's handgun to shoot and kill a teenage gang member who had broken into her apartment and terrorized her.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Sent in my .02

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#31]
How's this?

Chicago:  has total handgun/concealed carry ban; is a gun-control utopia

Chicago:  "murder capital of the world"

Also.....

Washington, D.C.:  has total ban of all guns/concealed carry; another gun-control utopia

Washington, D.C.:  Consistently a leader in violent crime (behind Chicago of course)

Wait, there's more....

New York City:  total handgun ban/concealed carry ban; yet another gun-control utopia

New York City:  Notable for violent crime (if you didn't see that coming)

Don't forget....

London (it isn't just a trend in the USA, if you didn't know):  ban on all guns/weapons

London:  Higher violent crime rate and murder rate than Chicago

But what's this?!....

Vermont:  Concealed carry is legal without any permits, registrations

Vermont:  Among lowest violent crime rates in the U.S. and world!

If you are unable to overcome your irrational fears and  see the truth, I pity you.
View Quote

I didn't feel like being nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top