[#1]

Quoted:

In.

Danny

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Enquiring minds want to know.

lol @ "sexual assault".  Yay for ignorant propaganda!  Funny how someone just accused liberals of being sensationalists.  I guess the fringe right isn't any better.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol @ "sexual assault".  Yay for ignorant propaganda!  Funny how someone just accused liberals of being sensationalists.  I guess the fringe right isn't any better.

November of 2010
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The gloves are to protect them, not you.  They could care less about you or how you feel.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If it was an actual sexual assault I'd think the guy would probably change his gloves, yes.

Take a grey hound if you are that fuckin paranoid. I just don't understand it... Even if you have a micro-dick its not like they could identify you and make that info public.. I don't see why some of you are so upset. It boggles my mind. The TSA agents (if you opt to go through the x-ray) see an obscure image of you.... Fuck it, nevermind. I dont even know how to explain how retarded this paranoia is. Drive or take a bus. Quit complaining that the .gov isn't doing enough against terrorism if you're going to bring up stupid shit like this.

Seems to me the TSA has created more domestic terrorists with their own procedures then they have prevented terrorists from boarding planes.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In my 3 years working for the TSA at LAX, we changed them constantly, they are infact nitrile gloves and are not plesant to wear all that long,
They are not changing them with every single person, especially if its busy and you go from patdown to patdown for up to a half hour at a time, but if you get a 2 min break between patdowns the first thing anyone does is get those damn things off and no one ever reused them that i saw, One thing that would make them change often is screening someone nasty, i have patted down people that afterwards i realy wanted to shower, and thats pretty damn bad, most people would change just because they wanted the filth off of them, its easy to end up scratching your face a few min later and a very nasty mistake to realise halfway through the scratch.
i had more than a few co workers that were very clean and would change them every person just so they felt they were being fair to people, so its realy person to person but there was no requirement at the time i worked there to change them at all.

in my first 3 months on the job i wore them all the time, being the first days of TSA at LAX we worked 10 hour days 6 days a week, i wore gloves so much my hands were sweating the whole time, and after a few weeks they realy started to dry out and cracked like crazy, took me 3 months to heal and it was hard to even go to work during that time, only way they healed was by not wearing gloves at all and i didnt wear gloves for a good year after that, but i washed like crazy to the point of clean freak status, it was easyer on my hands at the time. eventually got back into the habbit because we did screen some very very nasty people. and managing the least time wearing them is best, i was not the only one having skin problems with them.

Thats a hell of a way to make $12.00 an hour...
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my 3 years working for the TSA at LAX, we changed them constantly, they are infact nitrile gloves and are not plesant to wear all that long,
They are not changing them with every single person, especially if its busy and you go from patdown to patdown for up to a half hour at a time, but if you get a 2 min break between patdowns the first thing anyone does is get those damn things off and no one ever reused them that i saw, One thing that would make them change often is screening someone nasty, i have patted down people that afterwards i realy wanted to shower, and thats pretty damn bad, most people would change just because they wanted the filth off of them, its easy to end up scratching your face a few min later and a very nasty mistake to realise halfway through the scratch.
i had more than a few co workers that were very clean and would change them every person just so they felt they were being fair to people, so its realy person to person but there was no requirement at the time i worked there to change them at all.

in my first 3 months on the job i wore them all the time, being the first days of TSA at LAX we worked 10 hour days 6 days a week, i wore gloves so much my hands were sweating the whole time, and after a few weeks they realy started to dry out and cracked like crazy, took me 3 months to heal and it was hard to even go to work during that time, only way they healed was by not wearing gloves at all and i didnt wear gloves for a good year after that, but i washed like crazy to the point of clean freak status, it was easyer on my hands at the time. eventually got back into the habbit because we did screen some very very nasty people. and managing the least time wearing them is best, i was not the only one having skin problems with them.

Let me buy you a clue.

TSA pays $69K + benefits for the screening position I applied for.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me buy you a clue.

Did ya get the job?
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me buy you a clue.

TSA pays $69K + benefits for the screening molesting position I applied for.

FIXED

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Some of your comments here were quoted and reference on the laura Ingram radio show today.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#12]
deleted
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=231733

This might be something to keep in mind...this thread is quoted on WND.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Herpes via latex glove.... ewwww

AWESOME YOU MADE DRUDGE!

little ways down in the article
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is gonna be one interesting travel weekend coming up.

Thanksgiving is (I think) the biggest travel day of the year.

Let the sh!tstorm commence and drive this farce out of business once and for all.

Try to control your salivating.

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me buy you a clue.

LOL.  TSA management is as loyal to it employees as it is to the people they're
supposed to protect.  That advert should read $69k including benefits.  
What they mean is that the cost of benefits is included in the quoted
salary.

My uncle works for the TSA.  He describes his job as a panty sniffer in the back searching luggage.  When my uncle was interviewing with TSA he
got a lot of promises about pay, benefits, seniority, etc.  He spent
years at Tooele Army Depot before it was shutdown.  He was told all of
his time at Tooele would be counted toward seniority and give him a
pay boost.  Nothing has happened yet.  For over 5 years he's been fighting the lies trying to hold them to their word, arbitration has been engaged, proof in writing has been supplied, etc.  He sticks it out because he doesn't have to deal with people in his position and his wife needs the health coverage.

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#17]
In Soviet America, government touches YOU !  
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Herpes via latex glove.... ewwww

AWESOME YOU MADE DRUDGE!

little ways down in the article

That's pretty cool.

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Depends how sticky they get....

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If it was an actual sexual assault I'd think the guy would probably change his gloves, yes.

Take a grey hound if you are that fuckin paranoid. I just don't understand it... Even if you have a micro-dick its not like they could identify you and make that info public.. I don't see why some of you are so upset. It boggles my mind. The TSA agents (if you opt to go through the x-ray) see an obscure image of you.... Fuck it, nevermind. I dont even know how to explain how retarded this paranoia is. Drive or take a bus. Quit complaining that the .gov isn't doing enough against terrorism if you're going to bring up stupid shit like this.

So, how long have you been working for the TSA?

TXL
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me buy you a clue.

LOL.  TSA management is as loyal to it employees as it is to the people they're supposed to protect.  That advert should read $69k including benefits.  What they mean is that the cost of benefits is included in the quoted salary.

My uncle works for the TSA.  He describes his job as a panty sniffer in the back searching luggage.  When my uncle was interviewing with TSA he got a lot of promises about pay, benefits, seniority, etc.  He spent years at Tooele Army Depot before it was shutdown.  He was told all of his time at Tooele would be counted toward seniority and give him a pay boost.  Nothing has happened yet.  For over 5 years he's been fighting the lies trying to hold them to their word, arbitration has been engaged, proof in writing has been supplied, etc.  He sticks it out because he doesn't have to deal with people in his position and his wife needs the health coverage.

tooele is dead?

gonna have to go google the hell out of that.  every rebuilt M35A2 engine i've ever seen was done at tooele...

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me buy you a clue.

Wow, that is a promotion from chief fry cook.

TXL
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me buy you a clue.

LOL.  TSA management is as loyal to it employees as it is to the people they're supposed to protect.  That advert should read $69k including benefits.  What they mean is that the cost of benefits is included in the quoted salary.
My uncle works for the TSA.  He describes his job as a panty sniffer in the back searching luggage.  When my uncle was interviewing with TSA he got a lot of promises about pay, benefits, seniority, etc.  He spent years at Tooele Army Depot before it was shutdown.  He was told all of his time at Tooele would be counted toward seniority and give him a pay boost.  Nothing has happened yet.  For over 5 years he's been fighting the lies trying to hold them to their word, arbitration has been engaged, proof in writing has been supplied, etc.  He sticks it out because he doesn't have to deal with people in his position and his wife needs the health coverage.

tooele is dead?
gonna have to go google the hell out of that.  every rebuilt M35A2 engine i've ever seen was done at tooele...

Shutdown was an over statement.  It's still running and in better shape than it was over a decade ago.  Going to war has a tendency of making military stuff get used again.  He was a civilian mechanic out there, budget cuts hit the depot hard and really scaled it back.
ETA-

He got chopped during the '93 layoffs.  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/262822/TAD-CIVILIAN-WORKERS-FACING-93-LAYOFFS.html.  After the layoffs he was self employed as a mechanic for a number of years until he applied with TSA.  From the first interview he made it clear to TSA that he was civilian at the depot and they told him they would count his time.

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Forget the gloves.  I like walking in my socks where about 10,000 other people have walked barefoot and in their socks immediately before me the past hour.

Take off your socks and start a game of "Toe Jam Football".
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmm...even though the screeners are not healthcare personnel, it seems that the body substance isolation requirements, 29 CFR 1910.1030, would still have to be followed....both for the protection of the screener and to prevent the transmission of disease.  *The CFR listed deals primarilty with the bloodborne pathogens HIV and Herpes.

The used gloves could be considered a regulated waste since there is no way to determine if the person being examined is anything other than "really f*g nasty".  Regulated wastes open up a whole new can of worms.

mm
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#27]
The people giving body searches are human disease distribution centers.

They touch everyone and everyone touches them.  If/when a pandemic becomes a reality they will quickly spread it to every corner of the world.

These searches must be stopped immediately.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a one track mind...

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I seriously doubt it. Glove are for their protection not yours.

You got quoted Bro:

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I seriously doubt it. Glove are for their protection not yours.

You got quoted Bro:

LOL. Oh goodie!
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#31]
What do you think they will do to someone who tells them that they have herpes, and are having a outbreak with open sores.  Or you see them touch there face after you pat them down and you tell them you have herpes.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What do you think they will do to someone who tells them that they have herpes, and are having a outbreak with open sores.  Or you see them touch there face after you pat them down and you tell them you have herpes.

That does bring up something that was taught to us (I'm an EMT) about the body substance isolation practices.  Once your gloves get contaminated, you need to get rid of them and put on another pair, otherwise you WILL contaminate yourself.

mm

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I'm enjoying the thumbing toward federal authority.

I have not begun to give them the thumb......yet.

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Holy shit.....My observation/thread made Drudge
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They are watching us.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Has this ever happened before?  

Do I win an Internet or anything?

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive
your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us.

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Has this ever happened before?  

Do I win an Internet or anything?

Maybe

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#39]
They check them for explosive residue and then trash them.....at least they did this weekend both times I was patted down.

They hold you in the area until the machine clears the residue from the gloves.Takes about 15 seconds. I would have paid more attention if i knew this was going to be an issue.

I've been forced to do the patdowns for a while now. The residue checks are new too
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last time I checked it's not illegal to have a hard on.

There is a $10,000 civil penalty for having a hard on.

That was last year's fine now it's $11,000.
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 4:18:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is only for average guys......

Link Posted: 11/24/2010 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the Asian guys get charged $5k?
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is only fair.

Link Posted: 11/24/2010 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is gonna be one interesting travel weekend coming up.

Thanksgiving is (I think) the biggest travel day of the year.

Let the sh!tstorm commence and drive this farce out of business once and for all.

Try to control your salivating.

Looking for work?

Link Posted: 11/24/2010 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ZING!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#46]
This government needs to be kicked to the curb and replaced with one that works for us.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top