Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/23/2002 12:48:21 AM EDT
I just bought a used car and I am having the usual second thoughts. How long do you have to take a purchase that is financed back and say forget it!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:03:50 AM EDT
That really depends on state law. In Colorado you generally have 72 hours to cancel a major purchase.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:33:04 AM EDT
In Ohio you have 3 days... check your state laws
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:58:03 AM EDT
If its in your possession,you own it.That's the USED CAR DEALERS MOTTO!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:03:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Stinger: I just bought a used car and I am having the usual second thoughts. How long do you have to take a purchase that is financed back and say forget it!
View Quote
I wouldn't exactly call it "usual". I don't think I've ever regretted buying a car or anything else expensive like that. In fact, I don't think I know anybody that has ever taken a new car back because they simply decided they didn't want it. I would call that unusual.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:36:00 AM EDT
In most states, cars are specifically exempted from the statutes that allow you to reconsider a purchase by a certain time. If you just take it back to the dealer, throw them the keys and walk away, it's called a voluntary repossession, and will not do your credit any good. YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:40:27 AM EDT
According to a friend who is a salseman at a local dealership: New car - three days "buyers remorse." Used car - you own it. That applies only in FL. Eddie
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:45:11 AM EDT
New - 3 days , if you bought a used one "as-is" then its yours dude .
Top Top