BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
My Lord in Heaven!

Thank you BostonTeaParty for sharing that link with me.

I am quite perturbed with myself that I never read that much about Adm. Canaris before.

He was a great German, the kind of German that I would like to think existed in great numbers in those dark days.

Let me close with the last paragraphs from the link you supplied on The Last Days of Canaris:

"In the closing days of World War II, in the gray morning hours of April 9, 1945, gallows were erected hastily in the courtyard. [b]Wilhelm Canaris, pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Major General Hans Oster, Judge Advocate General Carl Sack, Captain Ludwig Gehre[/b] - all were ordered to remove their clothing and were led down the steps under the trees to the secluded place of execution before hooting SS guards. Naked under the scaffold, they knelt for the last time to pray - they were hanged,
their corpses left to rot.

[b]Two weeks later the camp was liberated by American troops - on 23 April 1945.[/b]

One of Canaris' fellow-prisoners, the Danish Colonel Lunding, former Director of Danish Military Intelligence, was imprisoned in the cell next to Canaris. He had contact with Canaris shortly before he watched the naked figure of the Admiral being led to execution. Through tapping on the wall of his cell Canaris told him: [b]"This is the end. Badly mishandled. My nose broken. [u]I have done nothing against Germany[/u]. [u]If you survive, please tell my wife[/u]..."  

I think that says it all: [b]'I have done nothing against Germany.'[/b]

That little band of brothers hung on that spring day in Germany was most likely the very best group of men who ever shared such a fate!

How could the Lord have not answered their prayers? If Germany is a great nation today, it may be because it was prayed for by the likes of Canaris, and Bonhoeffer, and Niemoeller.

Eric The(Amen!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Post from Kar98 -
What are you trying to prove, Eric?
View Quote

[i][b]Nichts![/b][/i]
View Quote

So you're just prattling along? Well, excuse the sh1t outta me, I had no way of knowing.

Well, actually, I should have taken the clues given by your professions.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
back to the original point....yeah, it sounds good on the face of it, warning people of possible danger.  but the whole irony (aside from the historical one pointed out by Cinncinnatus) is that were it any other "group" being targeted, they would not be told to "hide" identifying factors.  rather, the offending, law-breaking, scumbag group members would be rounded up and prosecuted for hate crimes.

ETH's example of this same scenario occurring in the U.S. is a perfect example.  imagine if the police shrugged their shoulders and said, "yeah, it sucks that people are motivated by ignorant hate, but, hey, we can't be everywhere at once.  you gay people just need to keep in the closet (where you belong)."  every person who bleeds liberal red blood would be up in arms (so to speak) screaming about how it was the police's duty to protect the "innocents."

i think another underlying point that may tend to be glossed over is that there's still a large anti-semite mentality all over the world.  how easy would it be for people to hide their own personal anti-semitic beliefs behind the guise of "official police action"?  someone could make an argument that it's state sponsored anti-semitism.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The people's representatives in the Catholic Center Party, the National Party, and others had conceded these powers to Hitler.
View Quote

You keep leaving off the WHY...

WHY did the Catholic Center Party, the National Party, and others concede their powers to Hitler?

He promised an end to unemployment and pledged to promote peace with France, Great Britain and the Soviet Union. But in order to do all this Hitler claimed he first needed the Enabling Act. A two-thirds majority was needed, since the law would actually alter the constitution. Hitler needed 31 non-Nazi votes to pass it. He got those votes from the Catholic Center Party after making a false promise to restore some basic rights already taken away by decree.

Av.
View Quote

personally, i think the [i][b]WHY[/b][/i] is irrelevant.

replace "electing Hitler" with "banning guns" and you'll see my point.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:33:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Post from Kar98 -
So you're just prattling along? Well, excuse the sh1t outta me, I had no way of knowing.
View Quote

So with all that history discussed, you got nothing from all of this?

You [u]knew[/u] about Canaris, Bonhoeffer, Niemoeller, and the rest of the German heroes?

If I were a German national, and my wife and I had a son, I would feel honored to name him:

[size=3]Wilhelm Canaris Hun[/size=3]

It would be my fondest hope that he would grow up to be as honorable as his namesake!

Eric The(DietrichBonhoefferHun,WouldWorkAsWell)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020423/ap_wo_en_ge/germany_berlin_jews_1&printer=1[/url]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Post from Kar98 -
View Quote

So with all that history discussed, you got nothing from all of this?

You [u]knew[/u] about Canaris, Bonhoeffer, Niemoeller, and the rest of the German heroes?
View Quote

But of course. In fact, half a dozen years ago, (let me think, more like ten) I had a really nice chat with Fraeulein von Stauffenberg, the niece of the German officer who deposited a briefcase bomb in a meeting room to kill Hitler on July 20th, 1944. The lady must be like a hundred and 40 or so and I met her in the "little" castle a few miles from Nuremberg which bears my family name :)

From Niemoeller is the famous quote of "First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me and by that time there was no one left to speak up on my behalf."

Anyway, what was your point when posting the original article in this thread (and did you even _read_ mine right below it, or did you just ignore it?) Would you rather have the Berlin police make the jews wear yellow stars and add Sara, or David respectively, to the names in their passports? So they could be identified easier, thus enabling the police to protect them better? Hey! They could even get their own quarter of town, nicely walled in so nobody could get [s]out[/s] in to bother them.

Seriously, the most "offensive" thing I've ever done to a jew was parking a my old Mercedes van [img] http://www.diehappy.de/images/bandbio/foto012.jpg[/img] in front of a synagogue. Came back and had the little buggers crawling all over it. I always tried to get along with everybody, in fact I honestly don't care if you believe in the toothfairy, goblins, the easter bunny, or the carpenter, I'm just getting tired of this same old bovine refuse of "you're guilty you're guilty!" and the victim role this rogue state in Occupied Palestine assumes. And, no, I don't give a rodents behind about the Palestinians either, I don't care, but I seize every opportunity to kick some dirt into the face of everybody whose favorite pastime (and in your case, profession) it is to kiss you-know-who's you-know-what. I never laid as much as a hand on any of your so much beloved jews, yet you have the bloody  nerve to call me an anti-Semite. WTF? Did I dare to say something mean about Them-Who-Must-Not-Be-Criticized? They (and you!) can jolly well deal with it, because everybody else can, too. C'est la vie, my friend. Every nation, every ethinicity on this planet was enslaved or oppressed at one time or other, and every nation, every ethnicity was the oppressor, when their turn came. It's only one race that just can't get the fsck over it, because they obviously enjoy rubbing the faces of the stupid [i]goyim[/i] into it; and they're enough of said stupid [i]goyim[/i] that cheerfully accept this alleged guilt  because of some weird Freudian psychosis, or because of "yes, the evil Germans did all this, but I am not a German; I am kissing jew butt, thus I MUST be without sin, hallelujah."
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:37:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I never laid as much as a hand on any of your so much beloved jews, yet you have the bloody  nerve to call me an anti-Semite. WTF?
View Quote

Perhaps Eric just made an honest mistake in assuming you were an "anti-semite".
Maybe it was that fact that you sometimes post links to David Duke's web-site:[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=111068]Kar98's David Duke link (bottom of the first post)[/url]

Honest mistake.
You DO understand the impression one might get, when you post links to David Duke's web-site, don't you?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never laid as much as a hand on any of your so much beloved jews, yet you have the bloody  nerve to call me an anti-Semite. WTF?
View Quote

Maybe it was that fact that you sometimes post links to David Duke's web-site:[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=111068]Kar98's David Duke link (bottom of the first post)[/url]

Honest mistake.
You DO understand the impression one might get, when you post links to David Duke's web-site, don't you?
View Quote

Why soitanly. But he called me that before I posted that link. Anyway, if Eric"All jews, all the time"the Hun[img]http://www.ar15.com/forums/images/smiles/smiley_viking.gif[/img] posts his 100% Pro-Israel, Pro-Jewish articles, I'll post links to "The jews are our eternal enemy" websites, and hope the readers of both are smart enough to figure out that the truth lies probably somewhere in the middle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Post from Kar98 -
And, no, I don't give a rodents behind about the Palestinians either, I don't care, but I seize every opportunity to kick some dirt into the face of everybody whose favorite pastime (and in your case, profession) it is to kiss you-know-who's you-know-what. I never laid as much as a hand on any of your so much beloved jews, yet you have the bloody nerve to call me an anti-Semite. WTF?
View Quote

I called [u]you[/u] an 'anti-Semite'?

Hell, I don't call [u]anyone[/u] an anti-Semite for a whole lotta reasons!

But, let's get back to your accusation - just where and when have I ever called you an anti-Semite?

Be specific! Let's see it!

Eric The(YouKnowHowPatientWeHunsAre)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:46:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Honest mistake.
View Quote

Why soitanly. But he called me that before I posted that link.
View Quote

Well, then I guess Eric is quite the prescient one.  Or perhaps just a decent judge of character.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:48:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Be specific! Let's see it!

Eric The(YouKnowHowPatientWeHunsAre)Hun[>]:)]  
View Quote

I'm not [i]that[/i] bored. Go look for it yourself. Hint: "I'm bashing an anti-semite in another thread right now". Besides, that's not all of my previous post you managed to understand, or is it?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:19:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Pardon me, [b]Kar98[/b], that you think I believe you to be an anti-Semite!

I don't. At all. Not in the least.

Besides which, I never use the phrase 'anti-Semite' for two very good reasons - it is the favorite catch-all phrase for the Leftists, and it is terribly imprecise. Both Arabs and Jews are Semitic peoples, so how can you tell which 'Semite' is which?

The Holocaust and the deeds committed by German troops in World War II should outrage [u]any[/u] clear thinking German.

I love my German heritage. My daughter is named for my favorite female character from a poem that my great grandmother used to read to me when I was a child. In both the German and English versions.

I thought it was 'Dutch', when I was little. I didn't realize that what she was saying was actually 'Deutsch.'

But I would tell her to read me the 'Dutch' poems! Which she did.

[b]Lorelei[/b] is my daughter's name. From the poem by Heinrich Heine, who, though Jewish, my German Catholic great grandmother thought was one of the best!

Eric The(Germanic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Post from Kar98 -
"I'm bashing an anti-semite in another thread right now".
View Quote

Oh, now I see. Well, let me tell you the story on that one.

There was some Israeli-centered argument raging on some thread, and someone, I forget just who it was, said, 'Where's Eric.'

Someone, again, I can't remember which member it was, posted 'He's probably on another thread bashing some Anti-Semite.'

When I saw this exchange, I immediately posted a reply and said 'I'm sorry I'm so late, but I was on another thread bashing an anti-Semite.'

I thought it was a cool remark for me to make in response to an even cooler remark by someone else!

I may have used it a couple of times after that in similar circumstances.

Do you remember me doing it with malice?

Eric The(AlwaysTheClassClown)Hun[>]:)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top