Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/22/2002 6:47:43 PM EDT
Quick, who was it? Tony Blair? Hmmm? [size=4]POWELL DECLINES ASSISTANCE FROM CLINTON AND CARTER[/size=4] By DEBORAH ORIN April 22, 2002 -- Secretary of State Colin Powell yesterday said thanks, but no thanks to the latest bids by former Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter to insert themselves into the Mideast peace process. "I don't have a role for either of them at the moment, but I'm pleased that they continue to keep their interest in the region," Powell said as he made the rounds on the Sunday talk shows. Clinton last week volunteered himself as a Mideast envoy. Carter, in an op-ed piece in yesterday's New York Times, urged President Bush to threaten Israel with a cutoff of U.S. aid to prod it into making a deal. Bush's approach to Arafat differs sharply from the two Democratic ex-presidents. His administration has repeatedly refused to threaten Israel with an aid cutoff, putting the onus on Yasser Arafat - not, as Carter did, on the Israeli prime minister. [b]And while Clinton met with Arafat more than any other foreign leader, Bush refuses to meet him until he does more to stop terror[/b]. See article at:[url]http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/46114.htm[/quote] Somehow 'foreign leader' and 'Arafat' just don't seem to go together. Eric The(Puzzled)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:57:31 PM EDT
About the only thing I can think of that Democratic presidents (ex or otherwise) might be useful for would be electricity generation, provided you fed them a large quantity of beans and duct taped their mouths shut.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:20:14 PM EDT
What Foreign Leader Did Clinton Meet With Most?
View Quote
I have it on good authority that every morning Clinton crawled out of bed, put on one of those plastic Halloween masks this one of the Chinese Premiere and went into the bathroom looked in the mirror and said, "HELLO MR. President, what can you give me today?" .... Well....Pretty Good, HUH??? Ben
Top Top