Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/22/2002 4:24:01 PM EDT
Ok I know I am not the only person with a stupid neighbor.  I need to hear about yours so I don't go crazy with this guy.

1)  The guy has 5 kids who are all little cretins!  They used to throw rocks at my Rottweiler puppy until I talked to one of the kids through the fence and told him he was out of line.  This seems to have stopped it.  Yes, I did talk to the father who seemed to not give a darn that his child was training my dog to distrust kids.

2)  They just got a new puppy who dug under the fence and decided to come and play with both of my Rottweilers.  They leave this dog out until about 11:00pm each night and all it does is whine at their door.  This is the same neighbor who said if he ever found one of my dogs on his property he would shoot it!  Ohhh also, I chatted with one of his kids today because he threw a ball over the fence and I asked how their puppy was.  He said the pup was doing good and he misses his cat.  I asked what happened to the cat and he said, "it died in the trunk of the car when we moved here."  They own a friggen Saturn!!!  They put it in a pet crate in the trunk when they moved here from Idaho!  Holy crap.  

3) They moved here early last summer and still have Idaho plates.  Argh!  This pisses me off.

4) They have a trampoline and they let their 2 youngest ones play on it unattended.  age 2 years and 4 years!  The little one fell off earlier today and was screaming up a storm.

Well at least they take care of their property.  Makes me appreciate my other neighbors better.  The guy on the other side of me is a gun nut ex navy guy.  Really cool. Oh and it is better than the preacher and his wife that used to live there.  One night I found his wife half passed out in my driveway.  Then she went inside and proceeded to take her clothes off, stand in front of the window and lift the shade up and down slowly.  Ohh man, I am cursed I guess, in a way, it makes me laugh.

I had to share.   Do you have any wierdo's next door?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I am the weirdo next door.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. One has this stupid little dog that will yip for hours on end until they let the thing back in the house. When I was sick the thing went on a 9 hour bark fest. If I could have stood up without falling over, that dog would have got a 40gr lesson at 1300fps.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes. One has this stupid little dog that will yip for hours on end until they let the thing back in the house. When I was sick the thing went on a 9 hour bark fest. If I could have stood up without falling over, that dog would have got a 40gr lesson at 1300fps.

View Quote

Are you using CCI Stinger?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
have got a 40gr lesson at 1300fps.

View Quote

Are you using CCI Stinger?
View Quote

I am curious as well.  What load you got in that 10/22 Imb?

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Neighbors and their dogs.  Top this:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=104910[/url]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have elderly folks on both sides of me. The lady is really hard of hearing and you can hear her car radio inside our house when she pulls in the driveway. At least it isn't rap. [:)] One day I was home from work and she came home. I could hear Rush Limbaugh in my living room from her car with the windows closed.

The other side is a great old guy named George. He turned 90 this past summer. Plays golf twice a week, drives (well!), and always picks up our mail while we are gone and carries our recycle bin and trash cans back up the driveway for us. I consider him one of our layers of security around the house. [;)]

The American Rifleman and Guns and Ammo are always read when I pick them up. [:)] I feed him venison whenever he wants it.  Oh yeah, he has a lady friend that is at least 60+ and sometimes "she even stays over".

I keep meaning to ask hi if he fought in "The War". I would love to hear those stories.

George is the best!

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife and I were married in our backyard. We had a large group of family and friends ready to come over complete with an outdoor DJ set up for the reception. As we live in the city of Albuquerque, we went door to door for three blocks around our neighborhood and asked/advised/invited everyone to come to the reception. By doing this we had hoped to keep the complaints to a minimum and to let the ceremony go off without a hitch. We recieved several RSVP's for the reception and assurances from everyone that they would not interfere with the festivities.
As the day came I had to have an emergency root canal and was hopped up on percocets, so I was feeling no pain. The ceremony came and we were enjoying our wedding when in the middle of our ceremony the neighbor's dog began to bark incessantly. Throught the rest of the wedding, and this can be heard in the video, nothing but Oscar the dog barking. And this was a neighbor that had said he would keep Oscar inside! Later after we had left and the reception was going full speed, that same neighbor called the police complaining of noise, twice! Oh well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]
SJSAMPLE,

I am glad to say I cannot top that.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]
In our old house, the neighbors behind us were true pricks. The guy who designed it (the father of the family) made it so every window was perfectly positioned to look into the windows in our house. We thought it was a coincidence until we caught EVERY member of their family looking into our house with binoculars! To make matters worse the wife and the husband (both of whom were probably the inspiration of fugly.com) were always having sex around dinner time in the bathroom with the shades open, and this was the bathroom window that just happened to face our glass walled dinner room. I did get some fun out of it though. One night I excused myself from the table, called up their son and said "Hey Tyler, it is Kyle, guess what your parents are doing!" He never talked to me again, but somehow I never felt like I lost that much.

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Move to Texas. Get yourself 2,000-3,000 acres. No problems any more.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I live next door to some real doozies.  I am not sure if they are stupid or just trying to kill each other.

One evening while sitting on the front porch enjoying a frosty premium and watching the kids play in the yard, I notice the guy next door and his wife trying to fix their Yugo/festiva pos.  Well he is under the hood with his hand stuck in the carb.  He yells at his wife to "turn her over".  She proceeds to crank the engine.  Well either she did not know to push the clutch in or thought it was in neutral but the car lurches forward with this guys hand in the carb.  It rolls up on his foot and the rod holding up the hood comes out and the hood nails him in the head.  The next thing you hear is the car backfiring through the carb.  I was in stitches I collected the kids and went inside and just laughed the rest of the night.

A few weeks later, same couple are in front again this time working on the lawn mower.  Well he can't seem to get the darned thing started, so he wants to check the spark plug.  He pulls the plug and is holding against the block and tell his wife to "push the button"(its electric start).  Well she does and this poor SOB starts screaming.  The lady stops pressing the button but this guy shaking is hand and dancing around the yard.  I starts to chase her and ends up falling over and slipping a disk.  I later found out he had hold of the connector instead of the insulated wire.  I guess he kind of felt like he got hit with a cattle prod.

Now I keep my video camera handy in case they try and fix something else.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I've always said that each neighborhood has an idiot.  If yours doesn't - guess what?  That means it's you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess I'm lucky.  On one side is an High School classmate and co-worker.  On the other side is my former brother-in-law, and on the other side of him, lives the ex-wife and her boyfriend.  Well, at least they don't complain when I open up with the AR in my backyard range!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#17]
"You would not like to be my neighbor."
Mister Rodgers

[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#18]
My neighbor looks just like Al Gore except more liberal.  I have been flipping dog shit on his roof and gutter all winter long from my side yard. The smell should keep him inside all summer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine are both cool.  One is an avid hunter and has a trophy room.  He has a full Grizzley that he got in Alaska, so He's no problem with my guns.  In fact when I'm trying to load up the car he usually is out chatting about the various millitary type rifles.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My neighbor looks just like Al Gore except more liberal.  I have been flipping dog shit on his roof and gutter all winter long from my side yard. The smell should keep him inside all summer.
View Quote

LMAO[:)] Thats the funniest I've heard all night.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Do the "right thing" [;)]

Call CPS (Child Protective Services) and let them know about the unattended children on the trampoline and how one of them fell off and was hurt. Also note other child abuse/neglect events you have noticed.

Call Animal Control and the police regarding their dog, cruelty to the cat, and their kids for throwing rocks at your dog and your other property. They are to properly secure their animals in their yard, or keep them on a leash while outside the secured areas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too.

The only time the neighbors see me is when I'm taking out the trash Sunday night or carrying .50 cal ammo cans to the truck early in the morning. God only knows what they think of me. Not to mention the older guy across the street caught me peeking out the front window to spy on his 19 year-old hottie daughter.

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Well for 10 years I had a family of crazy neighbors who would watch everything outside of their window and stare
even at midnight... the light would pop on and one of the assholes would be watching you...
They knew it bothered us but didnt give a shit.

So we moved into a nice apartment !
and had to listen to peoples kids run around at all times of the day and rollerskate on the balcony...
Then they moved out, and someone moves in who likes to play loud music and dont care how many people complain...
I'm woken up by music at 8am somtimes.. [pissed]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:32:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

3) They moved here early last summer and still have Idaho plates.  Argh!  This pisses me off.
View Quote

You could call him in for this.  Ain't legal
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:52:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm pretty lucky...well, fairly lucky.

Lot's of gun owners in the neighborhood, I had just finished cleaning some Browning tripods and the guy across the street stops and comments, "Hey, nice Browning tripods...1919A4 or 6?".  Gotta love that in a neighbor.

But, in back of us through the trees...a family that cannot talk-they whine..mom whines, dad whines and the two kids whine.  It's ugly...you kind've hope whiners won't breed..but they do.

The other fun is two neighbors with dogs...who bark and bark and bark.  One hound barks if he is outside...and he tends to be outside all the time.  I've definitely thought of the anti-freeze treat for this dog...or warfarin.

I talked to the Sheriff's office, talk about a catch-22.  The county law has changed so that the cops can't give a ticket to these neighbors unless they are home or answer the door..so since the dog is outside whenever the people are away, and they bring it inside when they're home...they can't be given a ticket...very annoying.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#26]
[url]http://www.knology.net/~carlos/redneck.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:15:25 AM EDT
[#27]
The only problem I have with my neighbor is that her dog thinks my lawn is also its lawn.  It doesn't crap here, it just comes over and tries to chase me out of "its" territory whenever I go outside.

Since it's a chihuahua, the poor thing is rather comical.  It's too agile to catch, and too pathetic to do more than jump on me whenever I turn my back.  Its jaws are too small to bite anything, and it's too scared to come within five feet when I'm facing it.

I just hope it doesn't get run over.  They let it roam around outside quite a bit, and it wanders all over the street, the full length of the block.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Water is the best dog shutter upper there is without hurting the dog... I have great water pressure..  my neighbor had Pomeranians....  Outside, chained...  yapping yapping yapping yapping yapping..    I bought a landscape water switch and a  directional water jet  .... planted it in my yard facing the dogs , adjusted it to go left to right to where the dogs couldn't get away from it...  the water switch is low voltage...  I use used a doorbell transformer to power it.. The switch was on a lead cord in my house so I had it on my desk and carried it to bed... whenever they started barking I flipped the switch and presto!  no barking..  when the people left, if they barked I sometimes left the water run for an hour for payback...  

One morning at my desk, the dogs started barking...  I was on the phone and I hit the switch...   I heard a woman screaming my name outside...  It was the dog owner..  She was getting soaked feeding her dogs....    LMAO...   now there were 3 wet dogs...  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#30]
I've owned three homes.  Each one had a Queer for a neighbor.

Queer #1 was the strangest of them all.  He worked for Social Security.  His home was like a magnet for neighborhood boys.  I think he was in Boy Scouts and took them camping.  Anyway, he always had boys hanging around.  That was 20 years ago and I get the creeps thinking about it.

Queers #2a & 2b were a strange couple.  2a was an unemployed wacko and 2b worked as a nurse.  One day they got in a vicious argument and 2a slammed the door so hard he broke it.  I'd heard all the yelling and screaming and was watching the action from my window.  When I saw 2a coming across the lawn to my house, presumably to "talk", I literally ran to the closet and got the Colt .45 ACP.  Fortunately the prick turned around.  I ended up blowing them into the landlord who evicted them.

Queer #3 is the son of my current neighbors.  He's a very talented kid who worked as a singer and dancer for a top female country singer who is a favorite of many on this board.  Now he has a floral shop.  He doesn't come around much since going out on his own which is good because I don't want my boys hanging with him.

Hard to believe so many Queers since all three homes are in rural areas.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.knology.net/~carlos/redneck.htm[/url]
View Quote

I believe that redneck is located in the Columbus, GA area!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Call CPS (Child Protective Services) and let them know about the unattended children on the trampoline and how one of them fell off and was hurt. Also note other child abuse/neglect events you have noticed.

Call Animal Control and the police regarding their dog, cruelty to the cat, and their kids for throwing rocks at your dog and your other property. They are to properly secure their animals in their yard, or keep them on a leash while outside the secured areas.
View Quote

Hmm. so you're the nosey-can't-mind-your-own business-call-the-authorities-on-every-little-thing-that-goes-on-straining-our-public-services-into-the-ground-so-they-have-to-raise-my-taxes  one?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Queer #1 was the strangest of them all.  He worked for Social Security.  His home was like a magnet for neighborhood boys.  I think he was in Boy Scouts and took them camping.  Anyway, he always had boys hanging around.  That was 20 years ago and I get the creeps thinking about it.

Queers #2a & 2b were a strange couple.  2a was an unemployed wacko and 2b worked as a nurse.  One day they got in a vicious argument and 2a slammed the door so hard he broke it.  I'd heard all the yelling and screaming and was watching the action from my window.  When I saw 2a coming across the lawn to my house, presumably to "talk", I literally ran to the closet and got the Colt .45 ACP.  Fortunately the prick turned around.  I ended up blowing them into the landlord who evicted them.

Queer #3 is the son of my current neighbors.  He's a very talented kid who worked as a singer and dancer for a top female country singer who is a favorite of many on this board.  Now he has a floral shop.  He doesn't come around much since going out on his own which is good because I don't want my boys hanging with him.

Hard to believe so many Queers since all three homes are in rural areas.
View Quote

Note to homophobic self: "Stay the hell outta Indiana!"
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmm. so you're the nosey-can't-mind-your-own business-call-the-authorities-on-every-little-thing-that-goes-on-straining-our-public-services-into-the-ground-so-they-have-to-raise-my-taxes  one?
View Quote

That's typical of someone like you to assume that...

I've never done it. But I know people who have done some of these things (all legitimate too) or have had it happen to them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's typical of someone like you to assume that...

View Quote

Assume what?!?  It was your answer, you typed it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Queers #2a & 2b were a strange couple.    When I saw 2a coming across the lawn to my house, presumably to "talk",

I literally ran to the closet.

I ended up blowing them.
View Quote

Commisioner... If you live in the queer part of the city, chances are you will have them as neighbors...   Your choice of words describing your neighbors has me wondering about you.. [;)]

edited for spelling  [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Queers #2a & 2b were a strange couple.    When I saw 2a coming across the lawn to my house, presumably to "talk",

I literally ran to the closet.

I ended up blowing them.
View Quote

Commisioner... If you live in the queer part of the city, chances are you will have them as neighbors...   Your choice of words describing your neighbors has me wondering about you.. [;)]

edited for spelling  [rolleyes]

View Quote

LOL

Anyway, my neighbors are assholes. They call the cops for everything we do (those racist SOB's). One time, my cousin was palying with my nephew, and the bitch neighbor tells them to shut the f**k up. Well, my cousin gives her hell and she calls the cops. Their daughters are HOT though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#38]
My next door neighbors started off with 3 daschaunds last April.  They now have 8 of the little fuThis same neighbor has so much junk on their carport that you cannot see their door going into the house.  They have a path that is just wide enough to walk down from their driveway to their door.
This very same neighbor also had a daughter to die about 4 years ago and they kept the flower arrangements.  That would be fine, but the flower arrangements are still on the stands that the florists put them on.  And the flower arrangements are DEAD.  They have been leaning up against the neighbor's fence since I moved there in May of '99 and are still there today.
There is also a wrecked truck, a boat about 20 years old full of leaves, and about 5 riding lawnmowers in their back yard!!!  
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#39]
BTW:

The only 40gr .22lr with a muzzle velocity of 1300fps is:

Eley Hunting Cartridges, solid round nose 40gr 1312fps

Eley solids or HP's (37.5gr) are the best hunting rounds for .22lr in my opinion.  They are one of the most expensive too, $5.00!

Shok
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

The three places I lived next door to Queers are Iowa, Indiana, and Michigan.  They're everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I can't even begin to tell you what kind of fuAs far as barking dogs, the neighbor next door had a German Shepard that was always tied up and barked all day/night.  Pegged him with a BB gun a couple of times.  After that all I had to do was tap on my window and he would shut up and hide.  Same thing with the lady's dog across the street.  He barks, I shake the BB gun, he stops barking.

Edited to say...  uspforty, that is one of the funnies things I have heard.  Wish I could have seen that. LMAO
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Got lucky with neighbors this time.  Got a cool retired Sheriff behind me (who BTW was one of the 10th Mountain Division soldiers who tested AR15's in the Artic trials in Alaska in the 50's), a funny guy (who's a GREAT cook) and his wife across the street, the mother of the guy who invented DOOM, and a couple of also-ran's like me who'd do anything for you, but the best neighbors are in the abandoned Negro cemetery two houses down; quiet, don't complain, visitors never make a fuss and they enjoy the neighborhood kids playing ball between the headstones.  Great place to live.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#43]
The last place I lived was terrible. I had 2 neighbors that were completely oblivious to the world around them. One would put his barbeque full of sawdust and burn it right next to my place, filling my place with smoke, also always pounding nails and making noise and blasting his outdoor speakers all weekend long.

The other one had a little yippy dog that they would leave out when they left and it would bark for hours, they often would do this on major holidays like Thanksgiving, they would leave town and leave the dog behind. I still want to kill that dog and its been 6-7 months gone by. It also seemed that the ONLY form of entertainment their 75 children liked was bouncing a ball, hours and hours of bouncing the ball. I still want to kill that ball to this day.

At that place I was living in a cottage behind a house and my elderly landladies dead beat 45 year old pervert son would come home and hang out in the shed next to my cottage. He would talk to himself and say perverted things loud enough for me to hear. One night I had to threaten him with an ass kicking which he heeded but not entirely. He's really lucky I didn't ruin his world.

My place now is better than that, but I still have a yippy mutt neighbor with the same kind of worthless hairball that barks constantly when its outside or alone. I had to take another cottage deal because my last landlady only gave me 30 days notice and so Im stuck with a couple of middle aged partier types who drink like fish and hang outside in front of my door and play the radio everyday and bbq every single night. They are cool, but it gets old after a while, especially when you come home from work and just want to chill. Needless to say Im looking for another place. Probably have to take a 1 bedroom apt and who knows what hassles I'll have.

Like someone else said, sometimes the only way to get any peace and quiet is move out to the boonies and have a lot of land around you. I sure wish I could do that. These experiences have made it difficult for me to have any faith in human decency and have lead me to believe that people just aren't as good as they used to be when my parents grew up. Nobody cares anymore. Degradation of society.

Some people wonder why the X generation is so jaded, its because we caught the end of times that were better and now everything is just F-ed up. Our inheritance is a broken bankrupt society of self centered moronic sheep who can't see past their own noses. At least for the majority anyway. I know there are still some good folk out there, like on this forum, but they are fewer and farther between these days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#44]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#45]
The alternative to dealing with bad neighbors is Home Owner Associations.  It's not communism, but an incredible simulation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The three places I lived next door to Queers are Iowa, Indiana, and Michigan.  They're everywhere.
View Quote

Note to homophobic self: "Stay the hell outta the midwest!"  Didn't Aviator move back to Iowa?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#47]
i've lived next to some homo's and i gotta say they were the best neighbors ever. kept their places clean and orderly, some parited a lot but thats more a function of age i think. i dont really care where some guy sticks his jimmy just dont wake me up, dont let your dog $hit in my yard and dont come over to barrow something. best thing about gay neighbors.....no kids to sell you school candy!!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#48]
. best thing about gay neighbors.....no kids to sell you school candy!!!!
View Quote

unless you live next to rosie, M. Jackson or any other gay couple that believs they have a right to engineer a deaf baby....
why is so hard to type while siting outside with a laptop on your lap... isnt that what they designed for?

PS
why is so hard to type while siting outside with a laptop on your lap... isnt that what they are designed for?

instead of trying to engineer a deaf baby on purpuse they should be trying to redesign laptop keyboards...
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#49]
engineer a deaf baby??? WTF
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top